Home

Madden NFL 21 and FIFA 21 Next-Gen Trailer

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 and FIFA 21 Next-Gen Trailer within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2020, 10:35 AM   #49
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 21 and FIFA 21 Next-Gen Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishBull34
Whole lotta nothing here, imo. Seen these types of trailers before (i.e., McNabb), and we know how they panned out.

What's striking is how little of the games they actually showed. There was a shocking amount of time showing heartbeats and pictures of Poseidon (I think). What the heck?

Anyway, I wouldn't say this did much to allay the concerns raised by the initial reveal.

I'll still hold out hope I'm wrong on the Debbie Downer front and that we get a stellar franchise and HUM vs. CPU gameplay improvements reveal, but just a sliver.

Don’t forget the silhouette of a guy with a glowing golden grill and glowing golden necklace. It’s like EA thought “let’s make a trailer that looks like what a 12 year old on an acid trip would come up with”. Idk man, idk I think I’m just too old at this point
Old 06-19-2020, 11:11 AM   #50
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishBull34
Whole lotta nothing here, imo. Seen these types of trailers before (i.e., McNabb), and we know how they panned out.

What's striking is how little of the games they actually showed. There was a shocking amount of time showing heartbeats and pictures of Poseidon (I think). What the heck?

Anyway, I wouldn't say this did much to allay the concerns raised by the initial reveal.

I'll still hold out hope I'm wrong on the Debbie Downer front and that we get a stellar franchise and HUM vs. CPU gameplay improvements reveal, but just a sliver.
I don't think that's very surprising, the next gen release is probably a full 5 months away still while current gen Madden is 9 weeks away.
Old 06-19-2020, 11:13 AM   #51
Pro

OVR: 4

I didn't see anything to get excited about. Also, it always seems that ea puts as little gameplay as possible, and hypes their trailers with useless fluff. What's the point of buying a new system, with better(not breathtaking) graphics, if there's no news on whether several of the series' flaws remain the same?

I'm talking legacy issues from the current gen maddens for years like the HORRIBLE challenge system which is not only wrong, but has scripted sequences where the game challenges for me instead of allowing me to challenge myself. And when I do challenge myself, it's a 100% failure rate since the game's code doesn't match the replays and what I see going on in the field. It drives me nuts, but of course you can't sell a trailer on 'challenge system that now works correctly'.

A lot of the things that need to be fixed with madden are the most important, but aren't the 'sexy' things that you can slap on the back of a box of the game case. I don't want madden 19/20 with slightly better graphics and lighting, and definitely not for $600.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2020, 11:58 AM   #52
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

OVR: 0

That vid was a Joke, tells us nothing about the game.....and unfortunately when we finally see what we are getting I’m sure I’ll be disappointed. Again it’s all about the flash and bling...no substance in gameplay and I guess the majority who play Madden don’t care...
Old 06-19-2020, 08:26 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Madden NFL 21 Next-Gen Trailer - (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snc237
Dude, you stopped playing madden 2000 to 2010! You literally missed the entire golden era of madden!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

No I didn’t. I was playing 2k football. Far better :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2020, 09:41 PM   #54
Pro

OVR: 2

I really want to know what innovation EA presented to the NFL that convinced them to renew the licence. It definitely isn't there in the current gen feature set and the next gen features are basically the same promises from the start of the Xbox One generation.

I get that the first version in a new generation is generally lacking in areas, but they really need to prove why they deserve that licence.
Old 06-19-2020, 09:47 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondsolution
I really want to know what innovation EA presented to the NFL that convinced them to renew the licence. It definitely isn't there in the current gen feature set and the next gen features are basically the same promises from the start of the Xbox One generation.

I get that the first version in a new generation is generally lacking in areas, but they really need to prove why they deserve that licence.
The NFL was the only one they needed to prove to that they deserve the license, and they did that.

As far as innovations go, I wouldn't put too much stock into a press release.
Its very likely that this innovation EA presented was preceded by a dollar sign. Might be all it boils down to
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2020, 11:17 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 25

Oh look. “Living Worlds” is back. I guarantee it won’t actually be in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »