Home

Here Are Some New Details & Features For Next-Gen Madden NFL 21 & FIFA 21

This is a discussion on Here Are Some New Details & Features For Next-Gen Madden NFL 21 & FIFA 21 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2020, 05:50 PM   #33
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Here Are Some New Details & Features For Next-Gen Madden NFL 21 & FIFA 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamanutt
I could give 2 ****es about undershirts if we could get a realistic version of football.
But that’s not the point my man. The point is, it’s the details. The same reason the details in things like undershirts are lacking. Is the same reason the details in gameplay is lacking.
Old 06-20-2020, 02:41 PM   #34

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Has there been any info as to whether or not PC will get the next gen upgrades ?
Old 06-20-2020, 04:17 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

-In regards to the Controller Haptics, It is nice to see 3rd Party Multi-Plat publishers using those console-specific features early on. Its something that will mostly benefit PS5 users. If they are able to make it feel different controlling a player like Tyreek Hill and Jarvis Landry, they would be nice. Even if it is something like less tension in the right trigger for Acceleration. For example, a player with 99 Acceleration has no resistance in the right trigger compared to a player with 85 Acceleration, you can always feel a resistance in the trigger.

-As far as, Blazing Loading Times, we won't see the traditional loading screens. I imagine after selecting teams or franchise, you instantly are loaded to the exterior of the stadium within 2-10 seconds. I see better transitions between cutscenes.

-Lighting and Spatialized Audio are to be expected. Its just hopefully the implementation is done right. Probably best to wear headset to truly experience the improved Audio.

-Hopefully Off-Ball Humanization leads to more natural between-play sequences. Outside of the cutscenes, there is no life between plays. More personality is needed

-Hopefully the Weather improvements affects gameplay as well besides just slipping and sliding. Will we ever see AI adjust playcalling to weather. Like more running calls in bad weather games. I doubt it, but would love to see higher quality heavy snow/rain games. Or even just weather transition during games. Like games starting cloudy, then 2nd quarter rain throughout.

Hopefully they are taking improving immersion seriously
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2020, 06:57 PM   #36
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Controller Haptics - Will be about different level of vibrations felt depending on the type of tackle or situation on the field. If they take it to another level it could be vibration feedback to simulate actual running feedback of the surface. Grass should feel different than turf on the sticks and they both should feel different on rain vs. sunny

Spacialized Audio - If done right is meant to immerse us into the game further. Basically it is supposed to give crowd noise a 3-D feel. If they get this half right it should improve immersion. I want to feel the sound of a home crowd roar with a big play as it is happening the sound should be surrounding me, or boo hen the QB throws a pick sick while I am running down the field. I guess this goes with Gameday Immersion. When you Lambeau Leap as a Packer it should sound like the fans are right in your ear
Old 06-20-2020, 07:10 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 21 Next Gen Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Normally games are developed with the lowest common denominator in mind. Pcs will get better graphical fidelity, shorter load times etc but usually are the same game more or less. (Not accounting for mods) it's not very cost effective having two teams working on the same game. If one version was a lot better it make the other version feel less worth it to buyers since they would feel like they bought an inferior product.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
okay but nothing has really changed... the game will be released on current gen consoles too.

so the lowest common denominator is the same as last year.
Old 06-20-2020, 09:02 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

"Gameday Immersion – New contextual player, bench, and fan reactions let you feel the explosive passion of a last-minute winner or a game-clinching touchdown. And pre-game cinematics deliver an unprecedented matchday experience to immerse you in the sights and sounds of professional football."

While sidelines are further down the priority list, I do hope something was done with it. While what's between the sidelines is more important, the sidelines have been a immersion killed. Even APF 2k8 had better looking sidelines that were aware of what was going on during the play. Imagine if next gen did look somewhat close to what that trailer showed, if we still had same lifeless sidelines, it would be an eye sore. SSD should help them in that area. If I'm correct, SSD allows devs to stream in data when needed and not need to fully render scenes. Which frees up storing data in RAM waiting to be used, which should allow for more things to be happening at once. At the very least, would like to higher definition sideline characters
Old 06-20-2020, 09:54 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Incredibly embarrassing list. I'd rather a rebuilt game from the ground up that was lacking if it allowed them to properly build the game up over the years, but I'm not going to kid myself. EA can continually blame the ancient foundation for all of their struggles, but their refusal to rebuild the game shows that they're either talking out their rear ends or are insane.

I havent bought a Madden in about half a decade. I played plenty of 19 thanks to Origin Access and modding keeping me around. 20 was a marginal upgrade so I didn't play it much at all, 30 hours maybe. Neither was worth $60 to me. I only played them since they were free. I think many on OS would enjoy life and gaming more if they allowed themselves to accept that football video gaming isn't where they want it and isn't moving in that direction either. I know you feel like you absolutely need your football kick, but you don't. EA can't make a game that satisfies my needs, so they don't get my money. I've bought 3 Maddens in the last 10+ years. If more people that complained actually refused to buy the game, maybe EA would reevaluate, but when they can constantly make minimal upgrades and ignore franchise mode and still sell millions of copies then they have zero incentive to listen to us.

― Plato
Old 06-20-2020, 11:19 PM   #40
Rookie

Greenblood60's Arena

OVR: 0

Let's see; Stats-Driven Player Movement is PS5's true step, and Gameday Immersion is PS5's Living Worlds. ( They got a little lazy with the naming of the
this feature compared to Living Worlds. )

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »