Home

Here Are Some New Details & Features For Next-Gen Madden NFL 21 & FIFA 21

This is a discussion on Here Are Some New Details & Features For Next-Gen Madden NFL 21 & FIFA 21 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2020, 09:42 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Here Are Some New Details & Features For Next-Gen Madden NFL 21 & FIFA 21

"As an example, in Madden we will be using the NFL's next gen stats so every athlete in the game will play how they do in real life, with the data being updated in real-time. Fans in the stadium will be unique people responding to the action on the field. Deferred rendering allows us to use colors and lights in more dynamic ways... and dynamic weather systems will impact the athletes, their equipment and the playing field. Games are going to feel different, better and more visceral."
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...-more-visceral
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2020, 01:23 PM   #42
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
"As an example, in Madden we will be using the NFL's next gen stats so every athlete in the game will play how they do in real life, with the data being updated in real-time. Fans in the stadium will be unique people responding to the action on the field. Deferred rendering allows us to use colors and lights in more dynamic ways... and dynamic weather systems will impact the athletes, their equipment and the playing field. Games are going to feel different, better and more visceral."
Hmm, this is very intriguing & can't wait to see how this works. Especially for offline franchises & beyond.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 06-24-2020 at 04:43 PM. Reason: People getting the wrong idea
Old 06-24-2020, 01:31 PM   #43
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
How about making the sidelines unique people instead of the crowd? Idk man I just feel like Tiburon will never get “It” when it comes to this game.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-24-2020, 02:10 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milticket
Hmm, this is very intriguing & can't wait to see how this works. Especially for offline franchises & beyond. Not sure how many ppl listen to Simfballcritic show, but it sounded like it's going to be different with Madden when it comes to next gen unlike the past. Take that for what it's worth.
Yeah I'm curious to see how they implement next gen stats. Is it going to change the way approach ratings? It would be cool to see Next Gen Stats during replays.
I do feel Next Gen has gotten more attention year 1 compared to past couple gens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
How about making the sidelines unique people instead of the crowd? Idk man I just feel like Tiburon will never get “It” when it comes to this game.
Yeah, with more memory and speed, less excuse next gen. When I think of more unique fans, I think of NCAA 14 and it's fan cuts between plays. That's what I expect. I expect to see more cuts between plays. While not a big deal overall, but if sidelines are the same it would be a eyesore.
Old 06-24-2020, 03:39 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Hmm, this is very intriguing & can't wait to see how this works. Especially for offline franchises & beyond. Not sure how many ppl listen to Simfballcritic show, but it sounded like it's going to be different with Madden when it comes to next gen unlike the past. Take that for what it's worth.
It's hard for me to believe things will be completely different if they are not rebuilding the game. All we have heard for over a decade now is how Madden is handicapped by the ancient foundation it is built on. The developers themselves have mentioned this being the root cause of legacy issues, making additions harder than they should be at times, etc.

Unless EA has just been on a roll and has found a way to combat the ancient foundation, then I don't see how things can be so different unless the game is rebuilt. Maybe they've phased out more than we realize, maybe so much of that ancient foundation is now gone and is allowing them to do work they couldn't before. I don't know what has happened behind the scenes, obviously. All I know is what EA's track record is over the years and that record tells me, personally, to not hold my breath for any major changes.

I can admit that Madden 19 and 20 have plenty of things they do well on and off the field. I can also admit that EA is not releasing a pile of garbage every year in my own eyes. My problems with the series stem from the lack of major additions we see not just year to year, but over periods of time. While Madden 20 was technically better than 19 to me, it was not a large enough upgrade because of the lack of major changes. The same can be said with 20 vs 18, or 20 vs 17. Yes, improvements are made annually, but not enough improvements are being made over time for me to personally be satisfied with the game.

I've always believed them when they've said the ancient foundation is a bigger reason for why it is hard for Madden to get big changes over time. I continue to believe that. Since I believed them every time they brought it up as a reason for changes, or a lack of, I cannot find it in me to believe next gen will be that revolutionary for the series if it maintains that same faulty core.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2020, 04:21 PM   #46
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
It's hard for me to believe things will be completely different if they are not rebuilding the game. All we have heard for over a decade now is how Madden is handicapped by the ancient foundation it is built on. The developers themselves have mentioned this being the root cause of legacy issues, making additions harder than they should be at times, etc.

Unless EA has just been on a roll and has found a way to combat the ancient foundation, then I don't see how things can be so different unless the game is rebuilt. Maybe they've phased out more than we realize, maybe so much of that ancient foundation is now gone and is allowing them to do work they couldn't before. I don't know what has happened behind the scenes, obviously. All I know is what EA's track record is over the years and that record tells me, personally, to not hold my breath for any major changes.

I can admit that Madden 19 and 20 have plenty of things they do well on and off the field. I can also admit that EA is not releasing a pile of garbage every year in my own eyes. My problems with the series stem from the lack of major additions we see not just year to year, but over periods of time. While Madden 20 was technically better than 19 to me, it was not a large enough upgrade because of the lack of major changes. The same can be said with 20 vs 18, or 20 vs 17. Yes, improvements are made annually, but not enough improvements are being made over time for me to personally be satisfied with the game.

I've always believed them when they've said the ancient foundation is a bigger reason for why it is hard for Madden to get big changes over time. I continue to believe that. Since I believed them every time they brought it up as a reason for changes, or a lack of, I cannot find it in me to believe next gen will be that revolutionary for the series if it maintains that same faulty core.
Not sure why you took the little tidbit as Madden will be completely different on Next Gen? That's nothing that he said or was implying. Basically keep your eye out & stay tuned, that was it. You're way over thinking my post.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 06-24-2020 at 04:26 PM.
Old 06-24-2020, 05:58 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Not sure why you took the little tidbit as Madden will be completely different on Next Gen? That's nothing that he said or was implying. Basically keep your eye out & stay tuned, that was it. You're way over thinking my post.
I think you're reading too much into my post. I am basically saying I don't expect things to be all that different if it isn't a rebuild. You said sim said that next gen may be different. I was only saying I don't personally see that happening if it's on the same faulty foundation.

― Plato
Old 06-24-2020, 06:18 PM   #48
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

I think it is safe to say that most of the resources this year went in to next gen. We all were hoping that wouldnt be the case but the feature set and the marketing for Madden 21 are extremely light. Hopefully it will be the right move in the long run for our sae because this year is looking like a wash. Theres always negative perceptions of Madden but so far this year it is at an all time high.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »