Home

Madden NFL 21 Screenshots (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Screenshots (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2020, 10:38 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden NFL 21 Screenshots (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
It should actually look pretty close to that. The PC version can already reach that level of fidelity or better with some mods, so EA shouldn't able to take advantage of the new hardware and get the game on par with the PC version at minimum. EA typically does alright in the graphics department, it's the rest of the product they struggle with.
I agree. With the proposed power of next gen hardware, I do think it is achievable. There's a much bigger jump going from 8th to 9th Gen compared to 7th to 8th gen. One thing I'm confident in with EA is to put major focus on what visuals are capable of. Ray Tracing and improved lighting will make a big difference. I do think weather will be much improved.
I don't see this as a Madden 06 or even Madden 25 scenario. Only thing to consider is that they tend to show angles on trailers that aren't represented in true gameplay that makes it's looks better
Old 06-23-2020, 04:27 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I agree. With the proposed power of next gen hardware, I do think it is achievable. There's a much bigger jump going from 8th to 9th Gen compared to 7th to 8th gen. One thing I'm confident in with EA is to put major focus on what visuals are capable of. Ray Tracing and improved lighting will make a big difference. I do think weather will be much improved.
I don't see this as a Madden 06 or even Madden 25 scenario. Only thing to consider is that they tend to show angles on trailers that aren't represented in true gameplay that makes it's looks better
Has EA said anything about Ray Tracing yet? I'm probably a bit more cynical than most when it comes to RTX, but I'm not sure I even expect it to become too common for awhile even on PC. The 3000 cards may change that, and these consoles pronablynhave GPUs that are specifically tuned to give them a bit more capability when it comes to RTX, but I feel like people are potentially expecting RTX to become standard a little too soon.

― Plato
Old 06-23-2020, 05:34 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Has EA said anything about Ray Tracing yet? I'm probably a bit more cynical than most when it comes to RTX, but I'm not sure I even expect it to become too common for awhile even on PC. The 3000 cards may change that, and these consoles pronablynhave GPUs that are specifically tuned to give them a bit more capability when it comes to RTX, but I feel like people are potentially expecting RTX to become standard a little too soon.
Nothing official. At most just Deferred Lighting. I'm just mostly assumed based off the Devante Parker screenshot and the reflection of the stadium on his helmet. But yeah I'm not expecting wide implementation right away this upcoming gen when it comes to Ray Tracing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2020, 05:41 PM   #36
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I doubt we'll get next gen deep dives detailing that stuff until August and September.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2020, 08:23 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Nothing official. At most just Deferred Lighting. I'm just mostly assumed based off the Devante Parker screenshot and the reflection of the stadium on his helmet. But yeah I'm not expecting wide implementation right away this upcoming gen when it comes to Ray Tracing
I think that reflection is just a high resolution reflection map. I don't believe it's real time at all. The other helmets in the other screenshots like the pregame shot show that the reflections are not real time.

― Plato
Old 06-23-2020, 08:46 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
I think that reflection is just a high resolution reflection map. I don't believe it's real time at all. The other helmets in the other screenshots like the pregame shot show that the reflections are not real time.
I was thinking that as well. Hard to take anything from that trailer from at face value. It's best to wait until we hear the official details.

But I'm pretty certain it's going to get good upgrade in visuals. We're not getting a "huge leap" in graphics, despite more powerful hardware, because we're at the point of diminishing returns. The bar is already set very high from this past gen. Until we reach real-time photorealistic graphics and gameplay, it won't feel like a jump from 6th to 7th gen. But for me, I was satisfied with Maddens Graphics, so anything more is luxury. If they can drastically improved lighting, more accurate colors, improve body types, sidelines, and more overall attention to detail that'll be considered a big leap for me
Old 06-23-2020, 09:24 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
I was thinking that as well. Hard to take anything from that trailer from at face value. It's best to wait until we hear the official details.

But I'm pretty certain it's going to get good upgrade in visuals. We're not getting a "huge leap" in graphics, despite more powerful hardware, because we're at the point of diminishing returns. The bar is already set very high from this past gen. Until we reach real-time photorealistic graphics and gameplay, it won't feel like a jump from 6th to 7th gen. But for me, I was satisfied with Maddens Graphics, so anything more is luxury. If they can drastically improved lighting, more accurate colors, improve body types, sidelines, and more overall attention to detail that'll be considered a big leap for me
I’m fine with the level of graphics that has been reached this generation. Physics, destruction, AI and things going on at one time the screen is what I want to see an improvement in. The reduction of load times is a welcome feature as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »