Home

Where is this promised feature?

This is a discussion on Where is this promised feature? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2020, 11:03 PM   #9
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Where is this promised feature?

And here is his answer:

It's something we've been looking into.
Old 06-19-2020, 11:05 PM   #10
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I sent the bat signal out to Kane on Twitter, we shall see if and when he responds.
Thanks Roadman, glad you're on it buddy

Question for anyone

Just looking at the link again was this to all the sports games in EA's lineup or specific to Madden? It looks to be Madden.

Playing:
Old 06-19-2020, 11:23 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
I agree about holding feet to the fire because of the principal of it, but I think you are barking up the wrong tree.

I don't think jersey's is Clint's forte, he is all about the game play.

Fan the flames towards Kane, marketing and the higher ups.
Yeah I wasn't going to go after Clint on this. As much crap as I've been talking about Madden and EA, he doesn't have my ire. He is a good dude and he's in the same position as Rex was. It sucks that he bears the brunt of most people's frustrations with Madden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milticket
Don't get me wrong I don't like when I read about things that are talked about being in the game & never end up showing up. I'm sure they have reasons of what happened or why they never happened, but I never read or heard EA promise a feature to me. The word promise is thrown around here a lot when it comes to EA. I mean if anyone can find the word "promised" I would be interested in seeing it & maybe I missed something that EA put out along the way.
The word promise never appears, but look at the description in the link. The description uses present tense. Its not a promise that this will be in the game at some point, its a statement saying it is in the game.

It would be like if M21 is released and there are no user celebrations. And when we ask EA about it they reply they don't remember saying that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milticket
Thanks Roadman, glad you're on it buddy

Question for anyone

Just looking at the link again was this to all the sports games in EA's lineup or specific to Madden? It looks to be Madden.
I remember it from the blog, it was for all games using the ignite engine. Fifa and Madden. Maybe Live.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2020, 11:34 PM   #12
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

GG, you say it's not your desire to go after Clint, but, you are indirectly referring to him because he was the one stating he didn't recall the situation in the OP's post.

Now, we have clarification from Kane, it's something they are looking into.

It's probably some wording that marketing verbiage put in that was misleading. It's terrible that this stuff happens from time to time.

At least we now have a straight answer.
Old 06-19-2020, 11:42 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 0

I forget which madden had “tuning” feature. But man I was hyped for that. EA got me.My stupid self thought EA was going to really tweak gameplay and remove bugs without having going through the patch process. This feature sound dope. But I don’t remember EA ever using that feature at all that year.
Old 06-19-2020, 11:43 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
GG, you say it's not your desire to go after Clint, but, you are indirectly referring to him because he was the one stating he didn't recall the situation in the OP's post.

Now, we have clarification from Kane, it's something they are looking into.

It's probably some wording that marketing verbiage put in that was misleading. It's terrible that this stuff happens from time to time.

At least we now have a straight answer.
Well he is part of EA and the main face of Madden so he deserves to hear some of the backlash, I just meant I'm not going to single him out or specifically go after him because he is the most engaged member of the team.

As for Kane's answer, Roadman you and I have been on this board long enough to know that "we are looking into it" is not a straight answer
Old 06-20-2020, 12:00 AM   #15
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Well he is part of EA and the main face of Madden so he deserves to hear some of the backlash, I just meant I'm not going to single him out or specifically go after him because he is the most engaged member of the team.

As for Kane's answer, Roadman you and I have been on this board long enough to know that "we are looking into it" is not a straight answer
I'll agree to disagree on the Clint backlash, marketing and levels above Clint deserve it, but Clint get's it because he is more visible, doesn't make it right. Meanwhile, marketing and above hear crickets.

Straight answer admittedly was the wrong word usage, but it was a answer that we haven't had in years and it took minutes to procure it.

Last edited by roadman; 06-20-2020 at 12:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2020, 12:13 AM   #16
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin32
I forget which madden had “tuning” feature. But man I was hyped for that. EA got me.My stupid self thought EA was going to really tweak gameplay and remove bugs without having going through the patch process. This feature sound dope. But I don’t remember EA ever using that feature at all that year.
They used it for a year or two, but then dropped it like a hot tamale. Now, most of the fixes are across the board, another missed moment.

Last edited by roadman; 06-20-2020 at 12:41 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »