Home

Has EA announced a Gridiron notes schedule for Madden 21?

This is a discussion on Has EA announced a Gridiron notes schedule for Madden 21? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football Releases in Summer 2024 - Dynasty Mode a Priority
FIFA 23 World Cup Mode - What Happened?
Breaking Down the Latest AEW Fight Forever Trailer

Old 06-22-2020, 10:29 AM   #1
Rookie

darren1024's Arena

OVR: 4
Has EA announced a Gridiron notes schedule for Madden 21?

I thought I found one for Madden Mobile 21, but nothing for consoles or pc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2020, 03:55 PM   #2
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Has EA announced a Gridiron notes schedule for Madden 21?

Gameplay Thursday with the stream in the evening is all we know so far.
Old 06-22-2020, 05:30 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I'd imagine then we will given the schedule for information rollout.
Old 06-22-2020, 05:47 PM   #4
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

People in forums and on social media will be pissed, but if EA was smart they will not give out a road map about information or implementing any new features into the game during the year.

They tried to be more transparent at the beginning of last year and when things went sideways for whatever reasons, folks immediately went to the "lying EA" mantra. More things will probably go off schedule this year, so they should just wait until they actually implement things and then talk about them.

This will allow them to only deal with the "this sucks" dialogue as opposed to "this sucks, and why did we have to wait so long to find out that that you lied about how sucky it was actually going to be." dialogue as well.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-22-2020, 06:45 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
People in forums and on social media will be pissed, but if EA was smart they will not give out a road map about information or implementing any new features into the game during the year.

They tried to be more transparent at the beginning of last year and when things went sideways for whatever reasons, folks immediately went to the "lying EA" mantra. More things will probably go off schedule this year, so they should just wait until they actually implement things and then talk about them.

This will allow them to only deal with the "this sucks" dialogue as opposed to "this sucks, and why did we have to wait so long to find out that that you lied about how sucky it was actually going to be." dialogue as well.
I can see that. Plus with the whole Current gen vs. Next Gen news, you have to handle that the right way because if not it's not good. Either you mix in Current and Next Gen together in those segments and create confusion. Or rollout Current gen info first have people disappointed that there doesn't seem like much changed so people are going to set expectations to high for Next gen year 1..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2020, 07:20 PM   #6
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

With the 'next gen' Madden appearing to be a more meaningful effort (imo) I expect news to be a little light this year through August, and then the big news moving to Next Gen with PS4/Xbox One versions effectively going into maintenance mode the next couple years with token updates.

Not what I was expecting to happen prior to the next gen reveal, but that's my expectation. My only concern is if the PC stays on the prior gen console version of the game after this year.

We'll see, maybe the games will be closer than they appear. Was optimistic we'd get better bleed over between 'generations' since in many respects MS has successfully demolished the concept within their ecosystem.
Old 06-22-2020, 08:06 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
With the 'next gen' Madden appearing to be a more meaningful effort (imo) I expect news to be a little light this year through August, and then the big news moving to Next Gen with PS4/Xbox One versions effectively going into maintenance mode the next couple years with token updates.

Not what I was expecting to happen prior to the next gen reveal, but that's my expectation. My only concern is if the PC stays on the prior gen console version of the game after this year.

We'll see, maybe the games will be closer than they appear. Was optimistic we'd get better bleed over between 'generations' since in many respects MS has successfully demolished the concept within their ecosystem.
I think I saw something today that FIFA 21 PC will be a current gen version.

I do agree that Next Gen appears to got more attention this time around compared how it went down this generation. Just going on features they promoted in current gen trailer, most of that can be gone over in the gameplay stream this Thursday. That just leaves Face of Franchise, Presentation, and any other small updates to Current gen.
Old 06-22-2020, 08:55 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
What time is that gameplay supposed to drop Thursday?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »