Home

Madden NFL 21 Video - New Pass-Rush Control, Ball Carrier Skill Stick, Open Field Tackling, Authenticity Improvements & More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Video - New Pass-Rush Control, Ball Carrier Skill Stick, Open Field Tackling, Authenticity Improvements & More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2020, 04:27 PM   #49
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Madden 21 Current Gen Gameplay Deep Dive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
There's more there than I expected. The tackling improvements could be a smaller thing that goes a long way. I'm waiting to see extended gameplay footage to see how it looks in addition to how well the "ball carrier fights for an extra yard" animations play out.

We're all so tired of the lack of physics with tackling and how momentum doesn't matter and defenders will constantly stand up you and stop you on a dime when you're inches from the goal line or a first down. If that has finally been removed from the game I think that alone will make '21 worth a purchase.

Not much on the ball carrier stick system but hopefully the two new jukes are fluid and fun to use.

I actually liked A LOT about that video.

I just hope the new jukes, especially the jump cuts are tied to either special stat thresholds (say juke over 85 or something) or a special ability/trait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2020, 04:28 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 21 Video - New Pass-Rush Control, Ball Carrier Skill Stick, Open Field

I'm worried about limiting your amount of pass rush moves. If they're going to limit the amount of pass rush moves, they should tie it in with stamina. If my players use all of their attempts to reach the QB and fail than they should either have to sit out some plays or do not refill the attempts to the max amount immediately next play.

I also wonder if the CPU will be limited to an amount...I'm also curious to know if once you're out of attempts if you're D-Lineman is just going to stand there and patty cake with the O-Line, and pretty much just be out of the play.
Old 06-23-2020, 04:29 PM   #51
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 21 Video - New Pass-Rush Control, Ball Carrier Skill Stick, Open Field

Man that new score bug looks amazing.

Some clean animations from the new open field tackling stuff too. Definitely seeing some improvements.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 4.28.16 PM.png (1.95 MB, 105 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2020, 04:32 PM   #52
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

We know they added a bunch of new abilities but there was no mention of that here? Could they be saving that as franchise news?
Old 06-23-2020, 04:42 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14

Some clean animations from the new open field tackling stuff too. Definitely seeing some improvements.
It's so much better than last year's Madden Mobile-esque score bar. It kind of reminds me of Monday Night Football's one, just cleaned up a bit. The only thing I don't like are those two random arrows next to the down and distance.
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions
Old 06-23-2020, 04:47 PM   #54
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcandlestickpark
It's so much better than last year's Madden Mobile-esque score bar. It kind of reminds me of Monday Night Football's one, just cleaned up a bit. The only thing I don't like are those two random arrows next to the down and distance.

Yeah i can't imagine those have any purpose so i don't know why they're there. I think the whole thing could be sized down a little bit as well. It's taking up a lot of the screen. Visually it's very clean, but it could use some refinement.
Old 06-23-2020, 04:52 PM   #55
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14

Yes, the score bug definitely is an upgrade not sure what they were thinking for M20 & along with the menu screens (colors). I really want the tackle animations to be polished. Bad tackling animations can really take you out of the immersion of the game. M20 tackling is ok, but needs much needed attention.

Playing:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2020, 04:53 PM   #56
Pro

Watch it play like madden 20. Or very very similar.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »