Home

Madden NFL 21 Developer Twitch Stream, Discussing Gameplay, Starts in 5 Minutes

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Developer Twitch Stream, Discussing Gameplay, Starts in 5 Minutes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 08:54 PM   #25
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 21 Developer Twitch Stream, Discussing Gameplay, Starts in 5 Minutes

I mean it’s just like they said Von Miller is beating the LT all first half, so he switches to the Right to start the second half....what? If Von Miller is destroying the LT I’m not switching him anywhere keep eating, but how they made it seem is, he’s beating up the LT too much so now the LT all of a sudden got better and will start stonewalling him. And on top of that, now my Right tackle has to get abused bc he didn’t go against Von the whole first half.

Idk just seems really weird.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2020, 08:59 PM   #26
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 21 Developer Twitch Stream, Discussing Gameplay, Starts in 5 Minutes

Ummmm.........

Pass Interference and Illegal Contact – We’ve added support for a more robust management of user-controlled Pass Interference, and also for the first time, the Illegal Contact penalty. The goal with these is preventing users from intentionally obstructing receivers from getting to their routes and/or the catch-spot, while trying to overlook incidental and unintentional contact. These penalties will be used in both Competitive and Simulation game styles and will be called primarily on user-controlled defenders. For Franchise players, these penalties can be adjusted by the Penalties settings menu.

mmm, wonders if PI will work now in Franchise with CPU vs User????
Old 06-25-2020, 09:03 PM   #27
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Ummmm.........

Pass Interference and Illegal Contact – We’ve added support for a more robust management of user-controlled Pass Interference, and also for the first time, the Illegal Contact penalty. The goal with these is preventing users from intentionally obstructing receivers from getting to their routes and/or the catch-spot, while trying to overlook incidental and unintentional contact. These penalties will be used in both Competitive and Simulation game styles and will be called primarily on user-controlled defenders. For Franchise players, these penalties can be adjusted by the Penalties settings menu.

mmm, wonders if PI will work now in Franchise with CPU vs User????

Says prevent users from obstructing receivers so I’m gonna say no. However I do get some PI calls when playing the CPU with the Revival Mod but never seen illegal contact.
Old 06-25-2020, 09:25 PM   #28
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Disappointed that we didn't hear more about additional match coverage types - particularly trips checks out of more zone coverages than Cover 4 Quarters and Cover 4 Palms.

That said, there was a lot of really good stuff in this stream. I feel like a lot of the additions and adjustments this year are very targeted at problematic gameplay areas of Madden 20.

The pass rush moves limit mechanic is something I want to try out and I'm otherwise reserving judgment until later. I like the idea of more dynamic defenses moving around rushers having an obvious gameplay advantage (that being limiting the effectiveness of the OL memory mechanic). The moves limit and recharge I'm tepid about, especially during no-huddle offense and obvious passing situations. I also want to know what happens when a DL rushes and he has no moves left; can he just not shed a block in this case?
Old 06-25-2020, 09:30 PM   #29
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Disappointed that we didn't hear more about additional match coverage types - particularly trips checks out of more zone coverages than Cover 4 Quarters and Cover 4 Palms.

That said, there was a lot of really good stuff in this stream. I feel like a lot of the additions and adjustments this year are very targeted at problematic gameplay areas of Madden 20.

The pass rush moves limit mechanic is something I want to try out and I'm otherwise reserving judgment until later. I like the idea of more dynamic defenses moving around rushers having an obvious gameplay advantage (that being limiting the effectiveness of the OL memory mechanic). The moves limit and recharge I'm tepid about, especially during no-huddle offense and obvious passing situations. I also want to know what happens when a DL rushes and he has no moves left; can he just not shed a block in this case?
Beta feedback on the pass rush moves will probably be very crucial for how this mechanic functions at release.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-25-2020, 09:34 PM   #30
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

At the bottom of the deep dive it refers to the Franchise mode as classic franchise. Hopefully face of the franchise is not the new franchise mode. Wish we could have heard about defensive coverage improvements other than being able to set drop coverage distances.

Hopefully the new pass rush system is a little more quicker and less strictly win/lose where you either get stonewalled and have forever to throw it or instant win where a sack is all but guaranteed. Pushing back OL should happen more often than instantly shedding a block.

I don't know if I'll like the new button layout. Having to press triangle to lower your shoulder is weird and makes using a power back a little more complicated than using a shifty running back where everything is done on the RS. Just feels more natural to flick up on the stick to truck since it's the offenses equivalent to hit sticking on defense.

Having the ability to throw out of sacks will be a god send since some qbs have such a long windup even for short passes. Playing as Aaron Rodgers vs a generic passer feels like it too wide of a gap to throw the ball.

As someone who mostly users pass rushers I'm looking forward to the beta.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2020, 09:58 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I mean it’s just like they said Von Miller is beating the LT all first half, so he switches to the Right to start the second half....what? If Von Miller is destroying the LT I’m not switching him anywhere keep eating, but how they made it seem is, he’s beating up the LT too much so now the LT all of a sudden got better and will start stonewalling him. And on top of that, now my Right tackle has to get abused bc he didn’t go against Von the whole first half.

Idk just seems really weird.
I agree with your thoughts on this. Maybe if we still had dynamic player performance it help offset that a bit.

But being this is what we’re going to get, I hope the level of resistance is tied to ratings. This could add some roster management strategies. Your left tackle goes down and the back up is a poor player that has no resistance threshold. Then your scenario could play out as it should.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2020, 10:15 PM   #32
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Clint Oldenburg
@ClintOldenburg

One pass rush detail I didn’t get to mention: the higher the rating, the more resistance a blocker can gain, or the more pass rush moves the rusher starts with. Ratings used are highest between PBF & PBP; and FMV & PMV

Quote:
Clint Oldenburg
@ClintOldenburg

If poorly rated as a blocker, maybe not gain any resistance at all.

Clint added these a little while ago.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »