Home

Madden NFL 21 Developer Twitch Stream, Discussing Gameplay, Starts in 5 Minutes

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Developer Twitch Stream, Discussing Gameplay, Starts in 5 Minutes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 04:23 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Madden NFL 21 Developer Twitch Stream, Discussing Gameplay, Starts in 5 Minutes

Putting the truck on the Y button is a welcome change. I've always preferred 2k's control scheme to Madden's, so I don't mind it at all.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2020, 08:13 PM   #66
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Madden NFL 21 Developer Twitch Stream, Discussing Gameplay, Starts in 5 Minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Madden NFL 21 game controls for defensive engaged.
No spin? Could've done 2k and double tap right trigger for spin.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Old 06-28-2020, 06:32 AM   #67
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Ball carrier game controls in Madden NFL 21.
Don't like the hurdle being up on the R stick and Y being truck. Doesn't seem intuitive to me.
Old 06-28-2020, 09:02 AM   #68
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
Don't like the hurdle being up on the R stick and Y being truck. Doesn't seem intuitive to me.
While I understand the logic behind the move, I sill hate it; and the cynic in me wants to say that the move was made simply to create more opportunities for big plays and flashy runs with elusive HBs that would look great in all those online H2Hs and Madden tourneys, which is perfectly in line with how EA worded a part of their first news release where they said something along the lines of stringing together these moves to create big runs and run up the score.

Power running and related moves are just not flashy enough, do not produce enough big plays, so screw it and let's put the truck move to Y/Triangle where nobody is actually used to using it.

But conspiracy / cynicism aside, I wonder how "navigating through the hole" mechanic, which I think so far was done by moving the R-stick up while moving through the trenches, will be affected. Will this mechanic stay the same? I used it fairly often (almost constantly) and would hate it being removed from the right stick even more than the truck move, because it felt sooo organic...
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)
Old 06-28-2020, 09:25 AM   #69
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor
While I understand the logic behind the move, I sill hate it; and the cynic in me wants to say that the move was made simply to create more opportunities for big plays and flashy runs with elusive HBs that would look great in all those online H2Hs and Madden tourneys, which is perfectly in line with how EA worded a part of their first news release where they said something along the lines of stringing together these moves to create big runs and run up the score.

Power running and related moves are just not flashy enough, do not produce enough big plays, so screw it and let's put the truck move to Y/Triangle where nobody is actually used to using it.

But conspiracy / cynicism aside, I wonder how "navigating through the hole" mechanic, which I think so far was done by moving the R-stick up while moving through the trenches, will be affected. Will this mechanic stay the same? I used it fairly often (almost constantly) and would hate it being removed from the right stick even more than the truck move, because it felt sooo organic...
Running up the middle sounds like it got a huge nerf. Putting your head down and then make a cut is something I did all the time. Now to jump quickly from the face button to the stick is gonna take some getting used to. Madden on ps2 had a customizable right stick where you could map what the right stick did. Just let us decide what each button does. Madden doesn't have much if any custom controller layout options.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
Old 06-28-2020, 04:48 PM   #70
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor

I think it’s more that a hurdle is something that you would be more likely to combo with a juke or a spin, hence its placement on the stick.

If you’re trucking, it’s far less likely that you’re doing anything before or after, so you don’t need other moves to be easily accessible.
Old 06-28-2020, 06:29 PM   #71
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Just a reminder on this whole truck/hurdle button thing... Clint made it clear that this is a change they are trying in the beta and if everyone hates it they'll change it back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2020, 10:03 AM   #72
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Just a reminder on this whole truck/hurdle button thing... Clint made it clear that this is a change they are trying in the beta and if everyone hates it they'll change it back.
FIFA gives players two alternative configurations for the controller - classic and alternative. Not sure why Madden doesn't do likewise.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »