Home

Face of the Franchise and “Classic Franchise” info coming June 30th

This is a discussion on Face of the Franchise and “Classic Franchise” info coming June 30th within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 03:50 PM   #73
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Face of the Franchise and “Classic Franchise” info coming June 30th

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcandlestickpark
Honestly, I'd be way more excited than I should be just to have long-standing issues with player cards addressed:
  • Adding teams played for under the Career Stats tab
  • Adding cumulative career stats to player cards
  • Adding opponent names and listing performances in chronological order under the Season Stats tab
  • Maybe even adding transaction and injury histories for each player (even if they only start to get filled in once you start your Franchise)
The fact that we don't have any of this or any historical data for the franchise is just......

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 06-26-2020, 04:15 PM   #74
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
The fact that we don't have any of this or any historical data for the franchise is just......

It is one of the most bizarre things in the age of Connected Careers/Connected Franchise/Classic Franchise (?). The fact that you cannot load up the player details page and see the teams a player played for in past seasons. That you cannot see past champions. Just wild. A complete immersion break once you're past year one of a franchise.

And you better watch yourself, XD. Seems like you're walking on thin ice with every post these days lol.
Old 06-26-2020, 04:20 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Interesting word choice by EA, but not going to get my hopes up. I can pretty much guarantee that whatever Franchise mode they put out will not be up to my standards, and my standards are not even all that unrealistic. Everything I want in franchise mode has already been done in other sports games, with a majority of those having been in previous Madden titles already.

Outside of how easy it has been to run the ball the last 3+ years in the series, the gameplay has been more than good enough for me, personally, but what keeps me away is the franchise mode being so vanilla. The progression/'regression is the worst around, there is little in the mode that makes the league feel alive, there is no historical stat tracking, and so on.

Until EA puts a focus on the mode again, I will continue to try the game out via Origin Premier, but I'll hardly put too many hours into it. I had a couple hundred hours in Madden 19, but a huge part of that was simply when we were learning all of the modding tools and what values did what on the field. I got a few years into a franchise with a buddy then, but it died because of how barren the mode is.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2020, 04:22 PM   #76
Pro

ChampIsHere42's Arena

OVR: 6

Why can they not create a team to only work on “classic” franchise?
Old 06-26-2020, 04:22 PM   #77
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Absurd... especially when The Show and NBA 2k have offered those features and more for years now. However, there's a slim chance we might get some surprisingly good news on the 30th
Old 06-26-2020, 04:23 PM   #78
MVP

Quote:

Especially since the career stats tab already functions properly on the main menu roster management screen. Surely, at least a few of those Franchise player card fixes would be straightforward, right?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see so much more information in Franchise be archived (way beyond just player card information), but we need o start somewhere, I guess.
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions
Old 06-26-2020, 04:27 PM   #79
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Not sure if anyone has listened to this: https://30for30podcasts.com/episodes/maddens-game/

It's a 30 for 30 podcast on Madden Football. It's crazy how involved John Madden was and how his passion was authenticity. I think we're definitely seeing a focus on that with gameplay and playbooks the last few years, but in Franchise it's just not even close. I can't imagine that Madden himself would be too pleased with where that part of the game is at if he knew how barebones it is.
Old 06-26-2020, 05:53 PM   #80
Banned

Prediction:
Classic franchise will either be cfm with just a completely redesigned UI or they will bring everything back from the madden 2005 franchise days except for the best feature the create a stadium.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »