Home

Face of the Franchise and “Classic Franchise” info coming June 30th

This is a discussion on Face of the Franchise and “Classic Franchise” info coming June 30th within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 02:06 PM   #65
Rookie

Dagan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Face of the Franchise and “Classic Franchise” info coming June 30th

This should be where they announce if more college teams are playable? There are supposed to be high school teams, too?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2020, 02:20 PM   #66
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
There will be refined progression/regression, draft class enhancements, statistical refining etc. basically, minor under the hood things

That’s my guess.
That's what I'm expecting. Face of the Franchise seems to be the big focus. Their user data likely doesn't support a major resource investment in regular/classic Franchise mode to appease us offline dinosaurs anymore lol.
Old 06-26-2020, 02:24 PM   #67
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

Just my opinion, I think EA needs to scrap *the whole XP system and go back to the traditional player development. The whole RPG element is such a turn off for me and I’d prefer players to improve on their own dynamically due to whatever trait they have. I’m definitely interested in what they have to talk about on the 30th but I will also keep my expectations at a realistic level. Who knows, they might shock us and show off franchise improvements.*
"If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good. If you play good, they pay good." - Deion Sanders #21

Ravens!
Lakers!
Yankees!

PSN: Spartan387
XBGT: KobraTheKing
Old 06-26-2020, 02:36 PM   #68
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

They capitalized Classic Franchise, sounds like a new mode separate from CFM, probably offline only.

Last edited by Americas Team; 06-26-2020 at 04:11 PM.
Old 06-26-2020, 03:05 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
It's hard for people to accept, and some never will, but 1-2 "Top Community Requests" is more than likely the permanent annual resource allocation level for Franchise.
I get and understand that. In general terms, Franchise modes don't sell sports games like they use too. Sure you have your diehard hardcore sports fan who want the full sports mode experience, but nowadays its the Online H2H, UT/MyTeam Collectable modes, Career Modes, and E-Sports model. So, its not realistic to believe that Franchise will get permanent annual resource allocation.

I would be okay with that 1-2 Top Community Requests each year if Franchise was at a high level. Like, if NBA 2k were to do that with MyLeague(which they haven't really added much in the last couple years). MyLeague is deep enough and covers enough that adding 1-2 Community Requests wouldn't be received poorly because at least you're adding to a deep mode. Franchise isn't at that level. Most of these "Top Community Requests" they add in are more of a "Quality of Life" improvement. Nothing is a game-changer, just requests that are nice to have. Those additions don't really bring in users to the mode. The problem with adding in big requests, is that most of them require to almost change the core of Franchise. You can't just slap in Coach Carousel like you can add in Draft Boards, Pro-Bowl, Custom Draft Classes current CFM. While it is hard to pin point what the "Top Community Requests" are, but I'm sure Coach Carousel has been up there since NCAA 13, or revamped Scouting, or Draft Logic.

With the start of New Generation around the corner, this is the time to at the very least lay down the foundation to add those hardcore top requests within a 2-3 years. Then after that you can focus on just adding the "Top Community Quests. For me that starts with giving the mode a facelift and changing the core AI Logic of mode while adding in something like Coach Carousel and Revamped Scouting. Then build from there
Old 06-26-2020, 03:18 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 20

It might be a small thing to some, but I would love to see the return of restricted/unrestricted free agency.
Old 06-26-2020, 03:45 PM   #71
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkMonk
The franchise community can be so easily pleased by EA at this point. The bar is so low that even the smallest genuine upgrades would sit big in our hearts.

1. Coaching carousel

2. Scouting depth

3. Improved scenario engines

That’s it. Can a brother get those few things? I can tweak the rest myself.
You also have to remember the reasons behind the bar being set that low and those things you listed compared to the rate and level that features have been implemented into "classic" franchise in recent years makes it look more like the age-old "3-year plan" than anything we would realistically see in one cycle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2020, 03:49 PM   #72
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkMonk
The franchise community can be so easily pleased by EA at this point. The bar is so low that even the smallest genuine upgrades would sit big in our hearts.

1. Coaching carousel

2. Scouting depth

3. Improved scenario engines

That’s it. Can a brother get those few things? I can tweak the rest myself.
Honestly, I'd be way more excited than I should be just to have long-standing issues with player cards addressed:
  • Adding teams played for under the Career Stats tab
  • Adding cumulative career stats to player cards
  • Adding opponent names and listing performances in chronological order under the Season Stats tab
  • Maybe even adding transaction and injury histories for each player (even if they only start to get filled in once you start your Franchise)
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »