Home

Madden 21 Gameplay Improvements: What the Gridiron Notes Mentioned and Left Out

This is a discussion on Madden 21 Gameplay Improvements: What the Gridiron Notes Mentioned and Left Out within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2020, 08:29 AM   #17
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 21 Gameplay Improvements: What the Gridiron Notes Mentioned and Left Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
I think equally adverse to the progress of the game and how the "execs" prioritize features is the defense of gameplay aspects that are two to three years old in Madden but 13-18 years old in terms of football video games on consoles.
Maybe, but one happens like 100x more often here than the other.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 06-27-2020, 08:32 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 9
Im hoping QBs cant hitstick and small RBs cant truck DTs..*
Old 06-27-2020, 11:22 AM   #19
MVP

Re: Madden 21 Gameplay Improvements: What the Gridiron Notes Mentioned and Left Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
Maybe, but one happens like 100x more often here than the other.
No one defended EA in that exchange. All that happened is someone got called out for being FOS and instead of taking it on the chin they try to shift the goal posts instead.
Old 06-27-2020, 11:36 AM   #20
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
No one defended EA in that exchange. All that happened is someone got called out for being FOS and instead of taking it on the chin they try to shift the goal posts instead.

Yes it would be tough to find many examples here of people actually defending EA or saying they've done a great job with Madden overall, but unfortunately that's the straw man we're competing against whenever the negativity is overwhelming to the point of being abjectly false.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 06-27-2020, 10:52 PM   #21
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milticket
Excellent post here Aestis and I was thinking about talking about the same thing in a post earlier today, but you definitely nailed it perfectly..100%. Anyone that's actually played Madden every yr knows that isn't true in regards to game play not changing.

things are definitely added year to year or how could sell the iteration. so you're right that game isnt the "same".

what does say the same though are those game play legacy issues we come to know and love.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2020, 12:16 AM   #22
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
things are definitely added year to year or how could sell the iteration. so you're right that game isnt the "same".

what does say the same though are those game play legacy issues we come to know and love.
Those types of fixes aren't marketable & hard to get the green light from the top at EA. Legacy issues are a different conversation.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 06-28-2020 at 12:41 AM.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:34 PM   #23
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
The worst part about posts like his, and they're all over this forum, is that by disparaging EA constantly for stuff that is demonstrably false, it undermines the legitimate criticism, of which there is of course plenty.

Same as when I see people say, oh gameplay is the same every year. I mean that's not even remotely true, and the only way someone could believe that is if they weren't aware of the changes (case in point on reach tackles) or didn't understand them (like much of the coverage upgrades) or didn't care about them.

Which inadvertently, if I were an EA exec, would only reinforce to me that gameplay changes focused on realism don't matter. Because so many of the very folks who supposedly care about it, aren't even aware of it.
Excellent point. I think a problem though is there is just no coherent long term goal with gameplay in Madden, that I can see. They didn't come together in 2015 and decide, in 5 years, we want the gameplay to look like this *points to amazing proof of concept demo*. Not graphics, I mean gameplay. At least, if there is something like this, it hasn't been expressed to the fans/consumers.

If there was something like this, and they were showing clear gains towards the goal year in and year out, attitudes would be a lot different, I feel. Right now, it seems Madden's gameplay is a concoction of loosely related yearly changes that seem, if anything, reactionary to issues they introduced in a recent previous iteration or just re-freshed ways of doing the same thing slightly differently with similar results. There are precious few real honest enhancements.

There doesn't seem to be a plan beyond the current year, and it shows IMO.
Old 06-28-2020, 10:31 PM   #24
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

i am tried when u throw a deep ball the ball goes 10 feet in the air

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »