Home

Please make all pro more challenging next Gen!

This is a discussion on Please make all pro more challenging next Gen! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2020, 12:41 PM   #1
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
Please make all pro more challenging next Gen!

All pro is easy and all Madden is too hard every year.no sliders could fix that.next Gen CPU should fix the AI if they really care.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2020, 07:46 PM   #2
Rookie

Blue12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Please make all pro more challenging next Gen!

I wish they could add one more difficulty setting between all pro and all madden. Call it Legendary or something. Make it harder than all pro, but cut out the cheating on all madden. If they could do that and make the sliders more “touchy”, that would go a long way.
Old 06-28-2020, 08:28 PM   #3
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue12
I wish they could add one more difficulty setting between all pro and all madden. Call it Legendary or something. Make it harder than all pro, but cut out the cheating on all madden. If they could do that and make the sliders more “touchy”, that would go a long way.

I agree,they also need to give users complete gameplay tools sliders.like CPU intelligence for offense and defense for each position.example: make a slider for QBthrowing the ball deep,short,run out of pocket frequency.. same with RB ability chose if you want to see Running backs play like Barry Sanders or bulldozers like Jerome bettis...blitz slider, ect...
Old 06-28-2020, 09:47 PM   #4
Rookie

Resurrection403's Arena

Maybe it's because I'm 39 but I find myself fine for challenge on pro with the CPU sliders heavily beefed on run block.

Then again when I play NHL I still do well against you young punks.

I haven't enjoyed Madden this much in... A decade? Since ncca really.

I can't wait for Madden 21. Raiders, Bucs, Browns, Falcons, all teams I want to have deep dynasties with.

That said I'd like to see sliders added for rb ability to better increase the runner juke and spin timing
Old 06-29-2020, 08:15 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

OP, if it is at all possible, I'd recommend moving to PC. We are able tune the difficulty levels like you wouldn't believe and can get you exactly what you wanted. Before I stopped fooling around, my mod had been All Madden only. I had removed all CPU boosts and created a fairly balanced game that was challenging, yet never felt cheap since the CPU players couldn't perform above their ratings anymore than your own players could.

The only issue I had with All Madden was play calling. On All Madden, the AI basically knows your play call and you can prove this pretty easily. Get into a goal line situation 100 times. Use the same personnel every time. If you call a run then they'll come out in obvious run stopping defenses nearly every time. For example, you come out in 4-wide spread with 1 back and call a running play. The AI comes out in a goal line defense and leaves a WR or two uncovered. They'll do this repeatedly in your test. However, if you call a pass, they'll come out in a dime defense constantly. It's pretty obvious they know what you have called and you can exploit their defense with audibles easily if you wish. It doesn't feel organic either way.

On All Pro I never see this just about. It seems the play calling is more personnel, situation, and tendency based. With that in mind, I started to transfer my mod over to being All Pro compatible also. I had the coverages remaining just as tight, all AI values were the same, the curves for everything were made to match my All Madden mod, etc. Essentially it was the same exact difficulty level from what I could do, with the new logic of All Pro dealing with more under the hood stuff that was harder/impossible to tune. The game played challenging and organic. No more 65 yard FG attempts or all knowing AI playcalling. It was nice.

If you can get Madden on the PC, you can definitely get your wish.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2020, 12:40 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection403
Maybe it's because I'm 39 but I find myself fine for challenge on pro with the CPU sliders heavily beefed on run block.

Then again when I play NHL I still do well against you young punks.

I haven't enjoyed Madden this much in... A decade? Since ncca really.

I can't wait for Madden 21. Raiders, Bucs, Browns, Falcons, all teams I want to have deep dynasties with.

That said I'd like to see sliders added for rb ability to better increase the runner juke and spin timing
Who are you talking to? I’d guess more than half of the users on this forum are in their 30s 😂😂
Old 06-30-2020, 11:15 AM   #7
Rookie

PunkMonk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
OP, if it is at all possible, I'd recommend moving to PC. We are able tune the difficulty levels like you wouldn't believe and can get you exactly what you wanted. Before I stopped fooling around, my mod had been All Madden only. I had removed all CPU boosts and created a fairly balanced game that was challenging, yet never felt cheap since the CPU players couldn't perform above their ratings anymore than your own players could.

The only issue I had with All Madden was play calling. On All Madden, the AI basically knows your play call and you can prove this pretty easily. Get into a goal line situation 100 times. Use the same personnel every time. If you call a run then they'll come out in obvious run stopping defenses nearly every time. For example, you come out in 4-wide spread with 1 back and call a running play. The AI comes out in a goal line defense and leaves a WR or two uncovered. They'll do this repeatedly in your test. However, if you call a pass, they'll come out in a dime defense constantly. It's pretty obvious they know what you have called and you can exploit their defense with audibles easily if you wish. It doesn't feel organic either way.

On All Pro I never see this just about. It seems the play calling is more personnel, situation, and tendency based. With that in mind, I started to transfer my mod over to being All Pro compatible also. I had the coverages remaining just as tight, all AI values were the same, the curves for everything were made to match my All Madden mod, etc. Essentially it was the same exact difficulty level from what I could do, with the new logic of All Pro dealing with more under the hood stuff that was harder/impossible to tune. The game played challenging and organic. No more 65 yard FG attempts or all knowing AI playcalling. It was nice.

If you can get Madden on the PC, you can definitely get your wish.
I’ve definitely been considering investing into a PC for Madden after I saw how much you could mod on the desktop version. My only hesitation is I’m a Mac user.. and do I want to spend hundreds of bucks on ANOTHER piece of individual technology. Maybe I can find a used gaming PC for really cheap that’ll run the Madden specs to par.
Old 06-30-2020, 11:28 AM   #8
Rookie

PunkMonk's Arena

Also.. over the last month I put together my first AP slider set that plays very organic, challenging; has variety in game outcomes, teams play to ratings, smooth animations (even some that I hadn’t seen in the game before), QBs throw the deep ball, aggressive/decisive running backs, and play right in line with the franchise stat engine. (I tested it over a 25 game period and documented stats in excel �� ). If anyone is interested let me know and I’ll post

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »