Home

Madden NFL 21 Franchise Mode Updates Look Like Patch Notes - Face of the Franchise: Rise to Fame Details Revealed

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Franchise Mode Updates Look Like Patch Notes - Face of the Franchise: Rise to Fame Details Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2020, 12:08 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 21 Franchise & Face of the Franchise Updates (Gridiron Notes)

EA is laughing at us. This is why they called it CLASSIC FRANCHISE MODE.

EA Upper management "We don't care about franchise mode anymore but still have to put in the feature in the game to pretend that we care. So we put in CLASSIC FRANCHISE MODE! Gives you that nostalgia feeling of playing Franchise mode when first intrudocued in MADDEN 99! Heck, they're might be more franchise features back in Madden 99 than in Madden 21, but that's great!

Because you'll spend time on ULTIMATE TEAM! Thanks for buying our game and we'll see you next for Madden 22 with Classic Franchise Mode 2.0, WE REMOVED RELOCATION & PRO BOWL! But don't worry they'll return for Madden 25 as brand new features!"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2020, 12:08 PM   #82
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Why wouldn't you expect next gen to be different? All of the marketing has been specifically pulled away for next gen, and we've even seen the core franchise experience be relabeled as classic franchise. I think the groundwork is pretty clear that the next gen game is a completely different title, rather than a graphics update.

We'll find out in a couple months I'm guessing.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I think you would be setting yourself up for disappointment expecting the next-gen game to be vastly different from this one. If it's different, it will be with graphics and some gameplay elements -- it won't be modes.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:08 PM   #83

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Why wouldn't you expect next gen to be different? All of the marketing has been specifically pulled away for next gen, and we've even seen the core franchise experience be relabeled as classic franchise. I think the groundwork is pretty clear that the next gen game is a completely different title, rather than a graphics update.

I wouldn't expect it to be different as our last 2 examples of Madden transitioning generations was a bare bones game on the 360, and a graphical face lift on the PS4/XONE.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:09 PM   #84
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
I hate to say this, but you guys have to understand the NFL sees this as a huge win and a stepping stone into better business.

Look at how successful NBA 2K is with their My Player mode, it’s essentially a pop culture staple at this point.

I guarantee EA told the NFL they were striving for 2K type numbers with this mode, and that in the coming years they will find a way to expand and monetize it the way 2K does their mode.

The difference with 2K and EA is, 2K still cares about its offline players with an exceptional franchise mode.

EA on the other hand seems to have to focus on ONE thing at a time. It’s one thing or bust with them and i just don’t understand the logic in that.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
If this is the case...why wouldn't they just let the company that has monetized the MyPlayer mode AND developed a roubst franchise mode make a damn NFL game.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 06-30-2020, 12:10 PM   #85
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:

I'm not expecting it because they haven't said it... If they wanted to sell the game, then they would say "Look out for our blog about Next-Gen Franchise coming in September" at the bottom of that article. That's how you set expectations and sell a product. You don't insult your customers and hide away something that would cause them to cheer you on and buy your product. None of us would be frustrated if next-gen franchise was getting a major facelift.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2020, 12:11 PM   #86
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

Speak with your wallets, ladies and gents. Don't buy their game and don't spend any money on MUT.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:11 PM   #87
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
I think when threads like this have people saying that they've done more in the last 4 hours of their work day, that pretty much validates your specific example of gamers not understanding how much effort it takes to do what they do.

In fact I'd say that's a pretty consistent theme.

Some of us actually do work on projects that are similar in scope though. All I'll say is I would love to spend a week at Tiburon and see what production is like. I can't imagine the effort level is something id be proud of watching.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 06-30-2020, 12:11 PM   #88
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteSmarts
EA is laughing at us. This is why they called it CLASSIC FRANCHISE MODE.

EA Upper management "We don't care about franchise mode anymore but still have to put in the feature in the game to pretend that we care. So we put in CLASSIC FRANCHISE MODE! Gives you that nostalgia feeling of playing Franchise mode when first intrudocued in MADDEN 99! Heck, they're might be more franchise features back in Madden 99 than in Madden 21, but that's great!

Because you'll spend time on ULTIMATE TEAM! Thanks for buying our game and we'll see you next for Madden 22 with Classic Franchise Mode 2.0, WE REMOVED RELOCATION & PRO BOWL! But don't worry they'll return for Madden 25 as brand new features!"
Thing is...it ain't even Classic Franchise Mode. Their franchise modes used to be classic. Ain't nothing classic about what this is. It's like comparing a 2020 Moped to a 68' Mustang with mag wheels!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »