Home

Madden NFL 21 Franchise Mode Updates Look Like Patch Notes - Face of the Franchise: Rise to Fame Details Revealed

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Franchise Mode Updates Look Like Patch Notes - Face of the Franchise: Rise to Fame Details Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2020, 11:58 AM   #65
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 21 Franchise & Face of the Franchise Updates (Gridiron Notes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles
Dev teams don’t dictate what goes into a product, if that’s how I’m interpreting your comment.

Yeah but they are supposed to be working on something... and this "team" clearly didn't this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2020, 11:59 AM   #66
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

The hope is that they went "all out" on Next Gen since it said 'day one' It literally feels like current gen Madden 21 is a Madden 20 patch. So hopefully this is one of those maintenance years for current gen and next gen was main priority.
I wasn't expecting much for current gen, but damn lol. Not even mention of scenario engine upgrades, even though I expect the Story lines to be based on Scenario Engine. Unless you are a diehard Madden fan, they haven't done a good job so far of selling you on not just waiting until Next Gen Madden 21 and just sticking with Madden 20
Old 06-30-2020, 11:59 AM   #67
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles
Dev teams don’t dictate what goes into a product, if that’s how I’m interpreting your comment.
Ok so a franchise mode was allowed to be put into the game. Its up to the dev team to make it great right? They cant even make it decent
Old 06-30-2020, 12:00 PM   #68
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Frankly I find the anger laughable at this point. Reading that other thread and a bunch of folks getting excited or imagining all sorts of things for "classic" franchise was amusing. I think some of us grounded in reality saw the death sentence when they labeled it "classic".

I'm just happy M20 has had some of the better features and game play in quite some time. I may never buy another Madden going forward. My primary mode is officially dead and they put almost no resources into it. I've player other games that had skeleton crews working on them and they eventually go down a path I'm not aligned with and it leads to the death of the game/mode.

Us "classic franchise" Madden players are relics. Sports games have passed us by. That isn't what generates revenue any more. What we enjoy isn't worth them investing time and effort into developing. Just like we have seen MMO's come and go. And other game genres come and go.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:01 PM   #69

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I know that folks are super upset, but questioning the work ethic of the Franchise team is misplaced. There aren't two separate teams for Face of the Franchise and regular Franchise and clearly 95 percent of the resources were designated for FotF.

If you want to go off on Mike Young, Seann Graddy or any other upper management person who we don't get to see who obviously made the decision to totally neglect regular Franchise mode, then that makes sense, but ripping the dev team in a situation like this is like being someone who kicks their dog after a hard day at work.
We can absolutely question the devs as they tell us on twitter that we are clowns and don't understand how hard it is to add these things to franchise when they were in the game on PS2. We have been asking for the same features for 15 years now. Features that were ripped out on the transition to 360. Calling us clowns and telling us what we are asking for is unrealistic they are taking responsibility for the state of the game. I do agree it is upper management making these decisions but some of these devs damn sure defend said decisions.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:02 PM   #70
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
The hope is that they went "all out" on Next Gen since it said 'day one' It literally feels like current gen Madden 21 is a Madden 20 patch. So hopefully this is one of those maintenance years for current gen and next gen was main priority.
I wasn't expecting much for current gen, but damn lol. Not even mention of scenario engine upgrades, even though I expect the Story lines to be based on Scenario Engine. Unless you are a diehard Madden fan, they haven't done a good job so far of selling you on not just waiting until Next Gen Madden 21 and just sticking with Madden 20

If this is the case, and I definitely am not expecting that it is given EA's track record, then they would do well to be upfront about it. None of us would be this upset if they came right out and said that current consoles didn't get the attention, but next gen did.

They're not saying that at all and I don't think anyone should expect next gen madden to have any different franchise features than this crap we're seeing today.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:02 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't post often or at all really. I just lurk for news.

I'm a 40 year old. Played the first Madden on Sega. Every football season I've bought a football game. Most times it was one of only 2 video game purchases for the year. (NBA Game and a NFL Game)

I can't believe this will likely be the first year I won't buy a football game.
I've never in my gaming life seen a company bypass or completely ignore the franchise mode like this.

I give some games a break since it was pre-franchise mode (Madden before 99) or the first entry in a game (All-Pro 2k).

Like they said earlier it is basically a patch update.
I actually take that back. I've seen them have more in patch updates.
They should be embarrassed by what they have done with franchise mode.

If I do get this, I won't be paying full price. I won't be buying it new. I won't buy it first day.

With the chance there might not be a season, I won't feel the pressure to get an updated fix. I can just use roster update and play 20 if I feel the urge. I'd rather play a game that is at least taking steps forward like a Call of Duty or maybe NBA 2k with their deep franchise.

Madden's franchise experience is quite literally the worst in all sports gaming. I have no faith in this face of the franchise mode either. Last year's was a joke also. You pretty much had a story up until the combine and it turned into a franchise mode with one player and no control over the team. Which made the franchise mode even more terrible.

I wish there was something I could do or someone I could talk to. It is so frustrating.

Every year I feel more and more they don't care about my dollar.

Last edited by Enigmatic52; 06-30-2020 at 12:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2020, 12:03 PM   #72
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ke_nyc
We can absolutely question the devs as they tell us on twitter that we are clowns and don't understand how hard it is to add these things to franchise when they were in the game on PS2. We have been asking for the same features for 15 years now. Features that were ripped out on the transition to 360. Calling us clowns and telling us what we are asking for is unrealistic they are taking responsibility for the state of the game. I do agree it is upper management making these decisions but some of these devs damn sure defend said decisions.
I think when threads like this have people saying that they've done more in the last 4 hours of their work day, that pretty much validates your specific example of gamers not understanding how much effort it takes to do what they do.

In fact I'd say that's a pretty consistent theme.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »