Home

petition to force ea make better games!

This is a discussion on petition to force ea make better games! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2020, 05:55 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: petition to force ea make better games!

Madden is a top selling game, a petition of this nature is a waste of time.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-04-2020, 11:41 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

I despise EA, but I can't sign something with egregious falsehoods in it.

The franchise mode in NHL this past year was vastly more robust than in previous years.

Besides that, the petition is full of generalizations. On this Independence Day, I exhort you to read the DoI and notice how it is chock-full of SPECIFIC complaints. It also has a great sentence showing "that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." That's been EA's corporate strategy for years now.

This is not an effective petition. Sorry.
Old 07-04-2020, 12:00 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuimus Troes
I despise EA, but I can't sign something with egregious falsehoods in it.

The franchise mode in NHL this past year was vastly more robust than in previous years.

Besides that, the petition is full of generalizations. On this Independence Day, I exhort you to read the DoI and notice how it is chock-full of SPECIFIC complaints. It also has a great sentence showing "that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." That's been EA's corporate strategy for years now.

This is not an effective petition. Sorry.
want change. A whistle-blower would have to come out of EA. I believe that would have already happened.

EA is that evil conglomerate, so alot of people's opinions are biased.

Most of us arent fans of MAdden because they force us to play a game the way they want us to play it.
At this point in time youd figure madden developers would give users enough sliders to tune the game they way that they want to.

The reason why the other sports titles get high praise is because of the amount of things a user can tune to alter the experience to one's liking.

The thing I question is why havent the developers ever given the users more options. These options clearly exist because they can be modded in the pc version.

Ea just needs to giv
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2020, 01:03 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
want change. A whistle-blower would have to come out of EA. I believe that would have already happened.

EA is that evil conglomerate, so alot of people's opinions are biased.

Most of us arent fans of MAdden because they force us to play a game the way they want us to play it.
At this point in time youd figure madden developers would give users enough sliders to tune the game they way that they want to.

The reason why the other sports titles get high praise is because of the amount of things a user can tune to alter the experience to one's liking.

The thing I question is why havent the developers ever given the users more options. These options clearly exist because they can be modded in the pc version.

Ea just needs to giv
No one forces you to do anything. Take a stand and don't buy it. Detox until you don't give a ----. Then find other games you can support, companies like CD Projekt Red. Or fire up the ps2 and play games from when sports games were good.
Old 07-04-2020, 07:34 PM   #13
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by michdb8
don't spend the money in EA that how things change petitions doesn't work for a company with investors if you can't live without a football videogame try axis or maximum football this year at least you support a simulation game
If enough signatures are gathered to the point that it becomes a big story int he industry, investors are going to get nervous, so yes, yes, it can actually work.

But there won't ever be nearly enough of them, so it's practically impossible.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 07-04-2020, 09:24 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Madden is a top selling game, a petition of this nature is a waste of time.
Pretty much this. Whether you believe the sales are a result of the quality of the game or only because it's the lone licensed game doesn't matter. It is one of the top 3-5 selling games in the US every year. As far as EA and the NFL are concerned, the game isn't bad enough for people to not buy it in the millions each release.

― Plato
Old 07-04-2020, 09:32 PM   #15
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

This is not how petitions work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2020, 11:25 AM   #16
Pro

Ooo.... another petition.

That oughta do it
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »