Home

Possible new franchise mode in Next Gen Madden?

This is a discussion on Possible new franchise mode in Next Gen Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2020, 04:56 PM   #25
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Possible new franchise mode in Next Gen Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickda55
The single worst thing to Franchise mode was making it "Connected" and making it an online experience.

[...]

My only hope for this mode is that they disconnect it from online to bring back all of the old features it used to have. Definitely not holding my breath though lol.
Hard disagree.

I quite enjoy playing online franchise with my friends. I have completed more seasons in online franchise than I ever did playing by myself. I personally would not trade that online functionality for any fulfilled wishlist of an offline-only feature set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2020, 05:27 PM   #26
Rookie

kenchun24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
How anyone can still have any type of hope/expectations for franchise mode blows my mind.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I know right. It's "AbusedFanSyndrome", so many years of disappointment of released broken products and yearly lies (hype) from EA's Marketing & schills, so used to getting treated poorly for their favorite mode slowly getting eradicated some longtime Madden Franchise Mode fans just comply and accepted garbage for too long. No more. No way. #FixMaddenFranchise and for Change dot org folks visit Desmond Smith's Madden 21 petition to sign or sign and contribute too - "Force Franchise Overhual For Madden" - I believe it is titled (you can search it easy to find).

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-01-2020, 06:14 PM   #27
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Not a prayer. They my as well discontinue the mode at this point.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 07-01-2020, 06:23 PM   #28
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Hard disagree.

I quite enjoy playing online franchise with my friends. I have completed more seasons in online franchise than I ever did playing by myself. I personally would not trade that online functionality for any fulfilled wishlist of an offline-only feature set.
I think there's a way to thread the needle here and both peeps to be right.

CFM being created and thus destroying the whole old franchise mode was a net negative at the end of things. Franchise mode got worse with Madden 13 and has never recovered.

Was there no way to take the old franchise mode and put it online without destroying the old one? Maybe, but it doesn't mean they shouldn't have rebuilt it then to where it was before.

Going to a place where online franchises were possible was important and necessary, but how they did it was probably a big mistake.

-----

As for the topic, 0.0000001% chance franchise mode is redone on next-gen Madden -- at least not this year.
Old 07-01-2020, 07:03 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernWarrior
Anyone think it’s even slightly possible that the reason there are 0 new additions for PS4/360 to franchise mode is bc they’re saving it and revamping it for the next gen versions?? Why else call it “classic” franchise. I doubt the next gen version would be called “classic” franchise bc than what is new franchise mode? That superstar mode thing???

Might be wishful thinking but hopefully some clarity soon.

And where is there live stream where they take questions???
Don't do this to yourself. This is planting the "well maybe next year seed." We know how the next gen works... they have to start from the bottom. Madden 22 on PS5 will have a different franchise. I'm sure it will include stuff like assistant coaches who are there in graphics only but have no affect on the game. It will probably include 'dynamic referees' (whatever that means.) And I bet you'll have additional options for how you can dress up the head coach. Maybe hoodies w/ short sleeves or a hoodie with long sleeves

But at least you'll be able to marvel over graphics though.
Old 07-01-2020, 07:10 PM   #30
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

its hard to make any game but i think EA has spoken how they feel to us who ever throuht i wouild miss peter moore
Old 07-01-2020, 07:15 PM   #31
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
its hard to make any game but i think EA has spoken how they feel to us who ever throuht i wouild miss peter moore
Nooooo, don't miss Peter Moore, that's not the correct take to have if you're feeling down about EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2020, 10:16 PM   #32
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I think there's a way to thread the needle here and both peeps to be right.

CFM being created and thus destroying the whole old franchise mode was a net negative at the end of things. Franchise mode got worse with Madden 13 and has never recovered.

Was there no way to take the old franchise mode and put it online without destroying the old one? Maybe, but it doesn't mean they shouldn't have rebuilt it then to where it was before.

Going to a place where online franchises were possible was important and necessary, but how they did it was probably a big mistake.
I disagree specifically with the bold - Franchise is a better video game mode now IMO (albeit how well it respects its source material is debatable).

In particular, I think the gameplay loops in Franchise are far more cohesive, logical, and transparent now (especially with respect to player progression, which is far more directed and user-influenced now, and I strongly prefer that approach). In Madden 12 and prior, everything was set dressing overtop of mystical black boxes, and what levers the user could pull to influence the game and how were completely opaque and unexplained. It did take a few years to get to that point we are at now, and it certainly was not there at Madden 13. Honestly it probably wasn't at a point where I was genuinely satisfied with it until Madden 19.

I also certainly understand the frustration with the idea that everything was thrown out to make way for online franchise, and also the frustration with that there's some stuff that hasn't come back yet. And that goes double for missing real-world NFL roster management devices and mechanics which disappeared and / or never made it into the game. I still very obviously see that Madden is not a very good single-player game in franchise mode, and I honestly don't think I'd enjoy Madden 20 as much as I do if I were still trying to run solo franchises.

I agree that there was probably was a better way for Tiburon to handle that transition. Alas.

---

And yeah, to the topic I'm not holding my breath for a radically different franchise mode on Gen-5 consoles either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »