Home

Possible new franchise mode in Next Gen Madden?

This is a discussion on Possible new franchise mode in Next Gen Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2020, 12:16 AM   #33
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Possible new franchise mode in Next Gen Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I disagree specifically with the bold - Franchise is a better video game mode now IMO (albeit how well it respects its source material is debatable).

In particular, I think the gameplay loops in Franchise are far more cohesive, logical, and transparent now (especially with respect to player progression, which is far more directed and user-influenced now, and I strongly prefer that approach). In Madden 12 and prior, everything was set dressing overtop of mystical black boxes, and what levers the user could pull to influence the game and how were completely opaque and unexplained. It did take a few years to get to that point we are at now, and it certainly was not there at Madden 13. Honestly it probably wasn't at a point where I was genuinely satisfied with it until Madden 19.

I also certainly understand the frustration with the idea that everything was thrown out to make way for online franchise, and also the frustration with that there's some stuff that hasn't come back yet. And that goes double for missing real-world NFL roster management devices and mechanics which disappeared and / or never made it into the game. I still very obviously see that Madden is not a very good single-player game in franchise mode, and I honestly don't think I'd enjoy Madden 20 as much as I do if I were still trying to run solo franchises.

I agree that there was probably was a better way for Tiburon to handle that transition. Alas.

---

And yeah, to the topic I'm not holding my breath for a radically different franchise mode on Gen-5 consoles either.
I'm fine with an argument that progression and the like make more sense than they did on old consoles. I think all the extra tasty treats that came along with the mode are more what I was talking about.
Old 07-02-2020, 05:22 AM   #34
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernWarrior
Anyone think it’s even slightly possible that the reason there are 0 new additions for PS4/360 to franchise mode is bc they’re saving it and revamping it for the next gen versions?? Why else call it “classic” franchise. I doubt the next gen version would be called “classic” franchise bc than what is new franchise mode? That superstar mode thing???

Might be wishful thinking but hopefully some clarity soon.

And where is there live stream where they take questions???
Zero chance. Absolutely none whatsoever. In the midst of a backlash they're falling silent, they've got nothing for either this gen or next gen.
Old 07-04-2020, 11:47 AM   #35
Rookie

Really? I mean, REALLY?!

How did Franchise look when it jumped generations last time?

Franchise players are like Bubbles and Johnny in The Wire roaming the streets hoping for a fix. We all need to see the truth and get clean.

It's OVER.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2020, 01:21 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuimus Troes
Really? I mean, REALLY?!

Franchise players are like Bubbles and Johnny in The Wire roaming the streets hoping for a fix. We all need to see the truth and get clean.

It's OVER.

& we act accordingly by not buying the game
Old 07-10-2020, 04:21 PM   #37
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuimus Troes
Really? I mean, REALLY?!

It's OVER.
Not according to Seann Graddy, he made promises in that video that he will need to fulfill otherwise they'll lose a ton of sales and MUT isn't going to be the cow that sits there waiting to be milked forever. At some point that mode like any other will get stale.
Old 07-10-2020, 05:25 PM   #38
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I expect the next gen game is exactly why the current gen was named classic franchise. We're just missing the other half of the marketing.

Doesn't mean it will be better, but very interested in what comes next.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Old 07-10-2020, 05:41 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

There could be some truth to that, but if next gen franchise was going to be that different to where names were changed, then why make a video saying you are analyzing plans for the mode? It doesn't make sense to make the video EA did if they were sitting on the franchise mode being different on the next gen version. It brings about bad press for no reason and they failed to stop the bad press by not even hinting at next gen being an upgraded experience.

― Plato
Old 07-10-2020, 05:57 PM   #40
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
There could be some truth to that, but if next gen franchise was going to be that different to where names were changed, then why make a video saying you are analyzing plans for the mode? It doesn't make sense to make the video EA did if they were sitting on the franchise mode being different on the next gen version. It brings about bad press for no reason and they failed to stop the bad press by not even hinting at next gen being an upgraded experience.
Yeah I'd be pretty surprised if the next gen franchise this year is significantly different if different at all.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »