Home

Eric Rayweather Tries to Bring Community Together on CFM, Calls it an Embarrassment

This is a discussion on Eric Rayweather Tries to Bring Community Together on CFM, Calls it an Embarrassment within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2020, 01:25 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Eric Rayweather Tries to Bring Community Together on CFM, Calls it an Embarrassme

I can’t front. I don’t like this guy. I’m sorry
Old 07-02-2020, 01:40 AM   #18
Rookie

ShadyFan25's Arena

Re: Eric Rayweather Tries to Bring Community Together on CFM, Calls it an Embarrassme

I agree with most of what he says but I think some of the blame does fall on the devs.

The devs don't play Franchise mode. If they did, legacy issues like former teams not showing up in player stats and the lack of league history tracking would be addressed. The reason why legacy issues like that are ignored every year is because the devs don't notice.

It's clear that there is a lack of passion in the dev team.
Old 07-02-2020, 03:20 AM   #19
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyFan25
I agree with most of what he says but I think some of the blame does fall on the devs.

The devs don't play Franchise mode. If they did, legacy issues like former teams not showing up in player stats and the lack of league history tracking would be addressed. The reason why legacy issues like that are ignored every year is because the devs don't notice.

It's clear that there is a lack of passion in the dev team.
Incorrect several developers love football and franchise mode and would love to do more with the game if they were allowed to. Blame the suits.
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes
Old 07-02-2020, 03:30 AM   #20
Rookie

Consider what you're saying when you are blaming developers.

If you're a developer working on Madden and your boss says "Right, I want you to develop a stat screen that shows a player's stats over the course of the season."

As a developer, you then create that screen. You aren't asked to include previous seasons, so you don't need to do that and you don't do it.

Depending on how well that task is developed will determine whether or not you as a developer did a good job. So does the stat screen work? Yes. You did a good job.

If the stat screen doesn't work or has bugs, then you did not complete your task efficiently. Bad job.

At no point are YOU, as a developer, given carte blanche to make Madden the way you think it should be made. You might be able to give opinions in team meetings or communication with direct supervisor, but you aren't going to say...

"OK I've done the stat sheet, but wouldn't it be cool if we had previous seasons tracked...I'll add that in now."

Reasons for this,

1. It's not your decision to make.
2. It's not on anyone else's list of approved tasks.
3. Your code could be buggy and affect other areas of the game.

This is why when we criticise developers we must be sure to do it when the feature in the game doesn't work or is buggy, NOT when there is a feature missing in the game.
Old 07-02-2020, 04:11 AM   #21
MVP

prey2god's Arena

This is probably why Rex Dickson quit. He was probably tired of not getting heard. He was a Franchise guy and wanted to build that. If you look now, Madden is pushing itself to be this trendy hype machine with MUT and "Face of the Franchise" being put front and center when it should be Franchise that be the focal point of this game.

It should be having bullet points with a new and improved Franchise with all these new things in it like before. Nope. Now we get to see more online MUT and Snoop Dogg. I mean really? What the hell does Snoop Dogg have to do with Madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2020, 04:48 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6

What is surprising that also deserves mention is that its been very clear even to EA that the future of sports and madden is giving value all year round similar to how say battlefield does and even madden has considered a subscription model etc etc

Yes MUT can be updated with new content but 'franchise face' is DOA you play it once and you'll never touch it again.

Its shocking to me that the short term splashy feature isn't built into Franchise with side features that genuinely enable replay ability. Doest that just make sense where the decisions your character has to make can also apply to being a coach/gm? or you get them as a CFM player etc etc?
Old 07-02-2020, 05:50 AM   #23
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
To be fair, I'm not really going to blame a dude who makes a living playing the game to not play the game.
I'm naive I guess, as somebody who doesn't go anywhere near the competition circuit how do these guys make a living playing the game?
Old 07-02-2020, 06:20 AM   #24
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milticket
I'm not so sure about that. Ryan Moody has been doing it almost for a decade now were its all negative videos. EA still is printing money & locked the license down again. Until ppl stop spending money on MUT this is DOA imo. EA already got voted one of the worst companies one yr I thought, so they already achieved that.
Didn't he get banned from this forum for speaking out against EA, or is that an inaccurate rumor?
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »