Home

Is Gameplay or Franchise more important to you?

This is a discussion on Is Gameplay or Franchise more important to you? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2020, 11:42 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Is Gameplay or Franchise more important to you?

If EA/Tib would fix the brain dead QB AI where the QB slowly walks backwards for 10-15 yards just to get sacked, I could live with the current gameplay.

But without a good, realistic, deep franchise mode, I won't touch it.

So those that say, a very good franchise we can overlook some gameplay shortcomings......Or very good gameplay we can overlook some franchise shortcomings.....I totally agree.

Currently, franchise is the end that lacks the most in Madden, so I go with franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2020, 11:45 AM   #26
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Gameplay. If the hook on the field isn't good, then I can just go back to playing Head Coach or go play OOTP etc. and get a better experience than any normal franchise mode. Obviously both matter, but yeah, there's a clear one thing before the other.
100% agreed
Old 07-02-2020, 12:17 PM   #27
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3

Obviously the Gameplay has to be good, or at least decent or you won't enjoy playing the game. But Franchise Mode is the only thing I play and it is the most important thing in a sports game. Without it or with a bad one, the game isn't worth playing to me.
Old 07-02-2020, 01:44 PM   #28
Rookie

rd1981's Arena

OVR: 0

I think gameplay is more important, but it has to be so good that I forget about Franchise mode. Theres nothing appealing about Madden outside of making it to the league in FOF, and online vs. FOF is ok, but it's no NBA2k great. If they whip up something like a my park environment then I might forget how much work Franchise mode needs.

I'm basically playing online vs games anytime I play madden. I've played over 300 games online in just a few months. Then I just stopped playing all together.
Old 07-02-2020, 02:18 PM   #29
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

This is tough because I'm fully in support of both elements. I think both gameplay and franchise absolutely need to be held to a higher standard.

With that being said, I will play a game less if gameplay is lacking. EA's NHL series is a prime example of this for me. Franchise added a ton of new features in 19 and 20, but the gameplay is so similar to previous years that I simulate 95% of the time, and I'll go months without playing it.

A console sports game (in most cases) just won't give us the overwhelming detail of a text-based management simulation. Therefore, if the in-game quality just isn't there, I'm far less likely to remain engaged in Franchise if it has weak gameplay.
Old 07-02-2020, 02:24 PM   #30
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Franchise.

I come from the dark ages of football gaming.. and guess what.. Tecmo was awesome.. Super Tecmo was better.. ancient Madden.. 2k..

Franchise changed the conversation.

I don't care about graphics. I can enjoy any gameplay. I want an immersive franchise mode where I can take my team through multiple decades, reasonably mirroring real life NFL franchises.

EA is not interested in that. I can live with that. I just wish they would remove the mode, and stop teasing me with it.
Old 07-04-2020, 09:34 AM   #31
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
This is the way it's been for me for quite a long time, but, I support the #fixmaddenfranchise movement because of the lack of feature/s this year and prior years.

Personally, I'm trying to communicate with someone higher up the food chain, but so far, crickets, and I doubt if I will hear anything. I tried going higher than I am now several years ago, but was booted down the slide.

I'm not holding my breath for a two sided communication.
Always loved your take on this site....you’ve helped me with sliders advice gameplay ect...thanks for trying it’s appreciated..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2020, 09:36 AM   #32
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckermaine
Always loved your take on this site....you’ve helped me with sliders advice gameplay ect...thanks for trying it’s appreciated..
Thanks man, have a happy 4th with your family!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »