Home

Madden 21: EA 'Working on Bolstering Plans to Support Franchise' in Response to #FixMaddenFranchise

This is a discussion on Madden 21: EA 'Working on Bolstering Plans to Support Franchise' in Response to #FixMaddenFranchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2020, 05:29 PM   #161
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 21: EA 'Working on Bolstering Plans to Support Franchise' in Response to #

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I think he was alluding to when franchise players use hyperbole and say things like the game is trash or sucks. Those people tend to turn a blind eye to others areas of the game that have improved.
There's irony in using hyperbole to respond to respond to other people's hyperbole.

But I also think it's hypocritical to suggest that Franchise fans should be more "open minded", while at the same time suggesting to Franchise fans that "it’s you and not everyone else that are being unreasonable".

How can one be open-minded regarding the Franchise mode if they are simultaneously calling the fans of that mode "unreasonable"?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2020, 05:41 PM   #162
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden 21: EA 'Working on Bolstering Plans to Support Franchise' in Response to #

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Robot
There's irony in using hyperbole to respond to respond to other people's hyperbole.

But I also think it's hypocritical to suggest that Franchise fans should be more "open minded", while at the same time suggesting to Franchise fans that "it’s you and not everyone else that are being unreasonable".

How can one be open-minded regarding the Franchise mode if they are simultaneously calling the fans of that mode "unreasonable"?
I think it boiled down to a misinterpretation of my post. I think he understood my post to be saying "omg there is no way Madden should get high reviews unless the reviewers were bribed."
I took his reply to be in response to that idea. With that context in mind I think his reply makes sense.
Old 07-07-2020, 05:51 PM   #163
Banned

Quote:
I think it boiled down to a misinterpretation of my post. I think he understood my post to be saying "omg there is no way Madden should get high reviews unless the reviewers were bribed."
I took his reply to be in response to that idea. With that context in mind I think his reply makes sense.
His reply went beyond talking about the idea of reviewer bias.

His reply unnecessarily segwayed into attacking Franchise fans. Not sure why he felt the need to demean the Franchise base by calling us a small niche (even though Rex stated just a couple years ago Franchise was the most-used mode), and by suggesting we are unreasonable for asking for more, and by calling this part of the community closed-minded and illogical.

None of that was warranted. None of that is accurate. Non-franchise fans who demean Franchise fans aren't helping anyone.
Old 07-07-2020, 06:20 PM   #164
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I think he was alluding to when franchise players use hyperbole and say things like the game is trash or sucks. Those people tend to turn a blind eye to others areas of the game that have improved.

Yes, thank you.

A person can acknowledge the positives while criticizing the negatives. Also being empathetic of the needs of other players of the mode is just as important.
Old 07-07-2020, 07:39 PM   #165
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
It boggles my mind that they don't just go all in on franchise for a year. Make it awesome. Then you can add small stuff every year and we would be quite happy. Madden 05 through 08 basically had the same franchise and I poured hundreds of hours into it. It was deep enough and fun enough that it sustained almost an entire console generation. Most franchise modes today are mostly small tweaks and features because the groundwork was laid so that the core mode was fun and deep. Madden is neither. All we want is something new to do every year. Some small little hint of immersion. I was really excited for the future of the scenario engine. Having these amazing things play out that mirror what happens in the NFL. Giving the CPU scenarios and then revamping stories to revolve around the scenarios. That's immersion. But in typical EA fashion they add something one year and forget about it the next.

Just eliminate or reduce all the little immersion breakers and it can be a much better game. Our expectations are so low right now. And i don't see that changing anytime soon. We told them what we want. On forums, community days, countless hours of feedback. And to pretend that now they finally hear our feedback is a joke.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
my 02 cents the suits are nevous if they do that they might lose between 15 and 25 % of causal fans that make up MUT and they might buy every 2 years or every 3 years
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2020, 08:42 PM   #166
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
Very well said.

I think part of the problem here is the fact that there will never be a 100% accurate representation of the NFL. Game by game, week to week, or season to season, its just not possible. EA, 2k, Microsoft, whomever, I don't think anyone could pull it off.

I am at the point where I think this ship has sailed. Really wish that were otherwise, but I'm coming to grips with it.

MLBtS is filling the void for me. The Ultimate Base Roster did the same for awhile.

There are other girls to dance with. But none like your first.
This is a cop out. A game from 2008 did a better job simulating football than madden has done up to this point. No game is perfect but is it too much to ask for a fb game in 2021 to be a better representation of football than a game put out in 2008?
Old 07-07-2020, 10:50 PM   #167
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

[quote=Hshaw810;2050142936]This is a cop out. A game from 2008 did a better job simulating football than madden has done up to this point. No game is perfect but is it too much to ask for a fb game in 2021 to be a better representation of football than a game put out in 2008?[/

I don’t play as a “user” controlling players with a joystick. I’m an older guy have been playing Madden for years. Coach Mode is my thing creating Teams players ..CPU CPU games are important to me.
EA has been stripping my kind of play away year after year. But I’m hanging on.

However you play this game is fine with me ...but we all have to agree that the gameplay has to be at the core of any mode, a strong CPU intelligence and realistic graphics - animations need to be improved ...I think EA has regressed in that area.
I’m still hanging on to hope, been watching the results of beta, like some things I hear and see from people ....guess I’ll have to wait and see.

Feel like a Dinosaur waiting for a Neanderthal...

Last edited by tuckermaine; 07-08-2020 at 07:16 AM.
Old 07-07-2020, 11:41 PM   #168
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Team History Stat tracking..Superbowls won in team history as well as in players profiles past and present winners shown in players award history along with the year it was won. Going back 30 years on each teams history so we can see all teams history over our franchise..Banners in stadiums To show Superbowls won and the year it was won..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »