Home

Madden 21 Beta First Impressions (Feel Free To Add Your Own)

This is a discussion on Madden 21 Beta First Impressions (Feel Free To Add Your Own) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2020, 11:47 AM   #49
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 21 Beta First Impressions (Feel Free To Add Your Own)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogunreaper
can anyone who plays on pc with mods say how it compares?

i see people saying it's improved but the game massively improves with mods (i use sabo's) so it's hard for me to tell.
I shared my thoughts earlier

The stretch for 1st down is something there is no way i can replicate on M20 and i'm extremely jealous i never figured out how the hell they got the CPU to rollout of the pocket and throw on the run lol
Old 07-04-2020, 11:58 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1
Played a few games, it’s a polished version of *M20, but a little more organic feel to it. *Players feel weighted , QB throwing under pressure is a nice addition as the it affects the ball and distance. *Running is *pretty smooth and QB,s get rid of ball faster. *Love how the tackles have been polished, they feel nice and organic. * Zone play didn’t seem to work at times, OL still blocks the air after getting beat at times instead of following his man. * Played a game in the rain, *saw slips on routes , but would love to see rain on helmets and rain coats on sidelines. *It’s these little things that would bring the elements of the game to life. *Overall, I just think EA need to be more consistent with the natural behaviors of players, and their awareness.*
Old 07-04-2020, 11:58 AM   #51
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSABOx
I shared my thoughts earlier

The stretch for 1st down is something there is no way i can replicate on M20 and i'm extremely jealous i never figured out how the hell they got the CPU to rollout of the pocket and throw on the run lol
Exactly(not the part on you, lol) CPU Mahomes rushed to the outside and threw the ball OUB because a defender was tackling him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2020, 11:59 AM   #52
Just started!

OVR: 0

Impressions: **"I HOPE NEXT GEN IS NOT A PORT AND IS BUILT FROM GROUND UP THO I DOUBT IT"**

1. Player awareness is still an issue. Players still don't react to ball or where they are at on field at times.
2. Some artwork issues to be corrected(visors)
3. Player movement is buggy. Had a WR tiptoe his entire route didn't even run at all.
4. Fatigue seems to be an issue
5.Legacy issues still remain.
6. Its pretty much a madden 20 upgrade, lots to be fixed
Old 07-04-2020, 12:04 PM   #53
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

It won't affect me with my playstyle as a solo vs CPU player, but I think they may wreck the game for H2H players by tuning the User controlled defender to be souped up again and not have to follow the movement rules that all the other players on the field have to follow. The complaining in the feedback forum pretty much guarantees it.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-04-2020, 12:28 PM   #54
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
It won't affect me with my playstyle as a solo vs CPU player, but I think they may wreck the game for H2H players by tuning the User controlled defender to be souped up again and not have to follow the movement rules that all the other players on the field have to follow. The complaining in the feedback forum pretty much guarantees it.
This is probably correct. Too bad they don’t have a simulation, competitive and arcade setting to appease both crowds.
Old 07-04-2020, 12:30 PM   #55
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Exactly(not the part on you, lol) CPU Mahomes rushed to the outside and threw the ball OUB because a defender was tackling him.
I agree. It was good to see a QB roll out and throw the ball on the run. They still take off way too much instead of throwing. Also the stretch for 1st down is done pretty well so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2020, 12:47 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
This is probably correct. Too bad they don’t have a simulation, competitive and arcade setting to appease both crowds.
well unless they change something in m21 those settings seem mostly superficial.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »