Home

Question: Would you pay extra for Franchise DLC?

This is a discussion on Question: Would you pay extra for Franchise DLC? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would you pay extra for a fresh Franchise plugin?
Yes, sign me up! 27 28.42%
Maybe, if it was guaranteed by a certain date. 10 10.53%
Absolutely not! This should not cost anything extra. 52 54.74%
I've given up on Franchise... 6 6.32%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2020, 12:36 PM   #17
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Question: Would you pay extra for Franchise DLC?

Wonder how many units EA would sell if they had 2 distinct games. Like have Madden Franchise (franchise mode, face of franchise, online head to head with regular teams) selling in August and Madden Competitive(MUT/KO) in like January. I’m sure there are a ton of people that would buy both modes. Plus really there isn’t a ton of development needed for the January game.
Old 07-04-2020, 12:42 PM   #18
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

No. If they add an immersive franchise mode then the game will finally be worth full price for me. Until that day comes, I’m not buying the game at full price anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 07-04-2020, 12:46 PM   #19
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Wonder how many units EA would sell if they had 2 distinct games. Like have Madden Franchise (franchise mode, face of franchise, online head to head with regular teams) selling in August and Madden Competitive(MUT/KO) in like January. I’m sure there are a ton of people that would buy both modes. Plus really there isn’t a ton of development needed for the January game.
Back to my post. I know head coach didn’t make it due to low sales, but I think the critical mistake was that there wasn’t a playable option. Wonder how sales would of been if they had that option
Old 07-04-2020, 08:09 PM   #20
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
Next gen is gonna be $70 a game so looks like we will get that regardless haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just a rumor based on 2K. Nothing more. Highly unlikely to actually be true.

For one, we can all upgrade for free to next gen versions of the $60 games we're buying this fall. And here's the big one, Xbox has smart delivery... so everyone would buy the current gen version and then the console would auto deliver the better version of the game. So the higher price can only apply to physical copies of games and with physical sales already dropping that seems unlikely. This is likely a case of 2K, like many games, having many different editions that include virtual currency and different pre-order bonuses.
Old 07-04-2020, 08:19 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14

For one, we can all upgrade for free to next gen versions of the $60 games we're buying this fall. And here's the big one, Xbox has smart delivery... so everyone would buy the current gen version and then the console would auto deliver the better version of the game. So the higher price can only apply to physical copies of games and with physical sales already dropping that seems unlikely. This is likely a case of 2K, like many games, having many different editions that include virtual currency and different pre-order bonuses.
It's a bit crazy that games haven't really risen in price since they went from $50 to $60 on the regular. Go back 20+ years ago and games were still around the same price they are. You'd think each generation might see games go up $5 or $10 to keep up with inflation, but the prices have stayed put where they are. It's nice for us consumers, but I do wonder why this industry has been the way it has been in that regard.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2020, 08:26 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 1

Yes, if that's the only way I could get it. Many of us have paid extra just to get a copy a few days early over the years, so the extra cash isn't an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 07-04-2020, 08:43 PM   #23
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14

You really think 2k is going to be the only company charging $70 for next gen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 07-04-2020, 08:51 PM   #24
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0

I'd gladly pay extra for them to release franchise DLC resolving a lot of issues and adding on to the mode. At this point the game play is already in a good place, so if they were able to resolve many of the underlying issues with stat tracking and CPU AI on and off the field it would keep me entertained for years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »