Home

Tony Bruno Interview W/Ryan Moody

This is a discussion on Tony Bruno Interview W/Ryan Moody within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2020, 02:15 PM   #9
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tony Bruno Interview W/Ryan Moody

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Honestly, I hear what the Franchise guys are saying...I count myself among them. But, my question is how deep do we want it to be? I bought NFL Head Coach 09 about a month ago and sat down for the first time and played it the other day...and man it was a grind lol...and I'm talking the things you have to do BEFORE you even get on the field. I'm currently playing Madden 07 on OG Xbox in Franchise and even with the Tony Bruno Show, Gameplanning, Practice, Scouting etc...it's a relatively simple and easy process with not much time being spent on it. As much as I want a deep immersive Franchise mode, I just don't know if I have the time or energy to play let's say a Franchise where the GM aspect was as deep as NFL Head Coach 09 and then still having to play the game.
I really enjoyed Head Coach. I would still be playing it, if rosters could be updated.

I would be fascinated to see how well it would sell, if it were updated and re-released in 2020.
Old 07-08-2020, 02:33 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Honestly, I hear what the Franchise guys are saying...I count myself among them. But, my question is how deep do we want it to be? I bought NFL Head Coach 09 about a month ago and sat down for the first time and played it the other day...and man it was a grind lol...and I'm talking the things you have to do BEFORE you even get on the field. I'm currently playing Madden 07 on OG Xbox in Franchise and even with the Tony Bruno Show, Gameplanning, Practice, Scouting etc...it's a relatively simple and easy process with not much time being spent on it. As much as I want a deep immersive Franchise mode, I just don't know if I have the time or energy to play let's say a Franchise where the GM aspect was as deep as NFL Head Coach 09 and then still having to play the game.
The beauty of NBA2K is you can pick and choose what YOU want to control and what you want automated by the CPU. What a concept. Then you can have a Head Coach type franchise depth and opt to do none of it while others can opt to do all of it.
Old 07-08-2020, 02:35 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
The beauty of NBA2K is you can pick and choose what YOU want to control and what you want automated by the CPU. What a concept. Then you can have a Head Coach type franchise depth and opt to do none of it while others can opt to do all of it.
Simple lol. None of the stuff were asking for is hard to do since its been done in games over 10 years old
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2020, 02:52 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
HARD pass on the radio show coming back.

We'd get an NFL Net stooge like Peter Schrager on the mic.

No thanks.
I'd assume that a guy like Rich Eisen would be more likely considering he's going to be in M21. That said, I doubt we have a radio show or any type of recap show anytime soon.

― Plato
Old 07-08-2020, 03:02 PM   #13
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I'd assume that a guy like Rich Eisen would be more likely considering he's going to be in M21. That said, I doubt we have a radio show or any type of recap show anytime soon.
Didn't EA put Stephen A. Smith in one of their NBA Live games?
Old 07-08-2020, 03:06 PM   #14
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor
Yeah but we hear them not because the features are being brought back but because EA mostly acts like they are something new and/or game-changing.

(Just saying...)
Well technically it's a new feature to Madden 21. I already know how this forum would react. I don't think any sports game is reinventing the wheel, but thats my opinion. May be a new feature to new users or ppl that have skipped Madden. Disclaimer - I will never listen to that youtuber, so I didn't listen to the interview.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 07-08-2020 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-08-2020, 03:29 PM   #15
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hshaw810
Simple lol. None of the stuff were asking for is hard to do since its been done in games over 10 years old
Actually, for EA, it might be more difficult than you realize.

Here is a short interview from just last year with someone that used to work on older FM. He said it was difficult to transition old stuff from FM to the new technology they put in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWsb5pjh6Ic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2020, 03:31 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 21

I pass on anything associated with RM. He is an insincere, self-absorbed shill who is not honest with his audience or video clips. He professes to do all his clips in order to make the game better. I think we all know better. he has an axe to grind and was left in the dust by EA and others for very good reasons, he is still not over it.

Unfortunately, he has fans who only care about bashing EA at every turn, and wouldn't know an unbiased fair review if they fell over it.

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »