Home

Madden NFL 21 Player Ratings - Rookie Quarterbacks

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Player Ratings - Rookie Quarterbacks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2020, 08:09 PM   #17
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 21 Player Ratings - Rookie Quarterbacks

just so u know

John Wolford QB -LA Rams and Jake Browning QB - Minn are not Rookies they have been on and off the practice Squad for 2 years Eason and Fromm are too low they were both pjod Late 1ST to mid 3rd round picks in march and both should go up 4 pts Herbert and Love rating should be fipped hurts should go down 3 pts Nate Stanley was a pjod 6th -7th round guy he should go up 5 pts perkins uva up 4 pts can do a littie of everything
lewerke shouild go down 3 pts was a 50% comp guy in college tua should be a 76 as well other than INJ is just as good as burrow
Old 07-09-2020, 09:40 PM   #18
Pro

Cory Levy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
just so u know

John Wolford QB -LA Rams and Jake Browning QB - Minn are not Rookies they have been on and off the practice Squad for 2 years
Jordan Ta'amu also shouldn't be a Rookie as he was with the Texans for the 2019 Training Camp but I don't know if that qualifies him as no longer a rookie or not.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:14 PM   #19
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Levy
Jordan Ta'amu also shouldn't be a Rookie as he was with the Texans for the 2019 Training Camp but I don't know if that qualifies him as no longer a rookie or not.

A player has to earn a credited year of league service, as defined by the collective bargaining agreement, to not be considered a rookie. Years of service is a major determining factor in post-career benefits such as league-provided pension plans, so it is pretty clearly defined by the CBA.

For example, Jordan Ta’amu has never appeared in an NFL regular season game (and more importantly never appeared on a team’s 53-man roster for three regular season games, which I think is the official threshold?), so he never earned a year of league service and as such the NFL still considers him a rookie.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong on the specifics of any of the above, but I think I’m at least close to right.
Old 07-09-2020, 11:09 PM   #20
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
A player has to earn a credited year of league service, as defined by the collective bargaining agreement, to not be considered a rookie. Years of service is a major determining factor in post-career benefits such as league-provided pension plans, so it is pretty clearly defined by the CBA.

For example, Jordan Ta’amu has never appeared in an NFL regular season game (and more importantly never appeared on a team’s 53-man roster for three regular season games, which I think is the official threshold?), so he never earned a year of league service and as such the NFL still considers him a rookie.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong on the specifics of any of the above, but I think I’m at least close to right.
perkns rating is too low he took your school to the orgen bowl
Old 07-10-2020, 12:51 AM   #21
MVP

tru11's Arena

Never knew burrow was that fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2020, 03:21 AM   #22
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

Very, very close. There are rookies and first-year players.

From the 2019 NFL Record & Fact Book:
Quote:
The term NFL Rookie is defined as a player who is in his first season of professional football and has not been on the roster of another professional football team for any regular-season or postseason game. A Rookie is designated by an "R" on NFL rosters. Players who have been active in another professional football league or players who have NFL experience, including either preseason training camp or being on an Active List or Inactive List, or on Reserve/Injured or Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform for fewer than six regular-season games, are termed NFL First-Year Players. An NFL First-Year Player is designated by a "1" on NFL rosters. Thereafter, a player is credited with an additional year of experience for each season in which he accumulates six games on the Active List or Inactive List, or on Reserve/Injured or Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform.
So Wofford, Browning, and Ta'amu would be considered "First-Year Players," and still have a "1" next to their NFL years of experience.
Old 07-10-2020, 04:00 PM   #23
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

Burrow, Tua, Love and Herbert are all rated over Minshew. Hurts is only 1 point lower.

Minshew had better stats than Murray last year.

They always give the Jags garbage ratings.

Last edited by sniperhare; 07-10-2020 at 04:01 PM. Reason: forgot Herbert
Old 07-10-2020, 04:24 PM   #24
Rookie

Dblock1111's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
Burrow, Tua, Love and Herbert are all rated over Minshew. Hurts is only 1 point lower.

Minshew had better stats than Murray last year.

They always give the Jags garbage ratings.
I mean, they havent dropped the ratings for everyone else yet so theres still hope. But if hes still that low itll be absurd.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »