Home

Madden NFL 21 Reverting Truck Stick Controls After Beta Feedback, More Franchise Mode Details Coming Prior to Release

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Reverting Truck Stick Controls After Beta Feedback, More Franchise Mode Details Coming Prior to Release within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2020, 04:38 PM   #1
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden NFL 21 Reverting Truck Stick Controls After Beta Feedback, More Franchise Mode Details Coming Prior to Release

During a recent interview with GameSpot, executive producer Seann Graddy mentioned the Madden NFL 21 truck...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2020, 04:53 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Madden 21 beta input changes truck stick control

Boo, wish we had an option for this. I personally prefer Y/Triangle being the truck button. I'm used to it from 2k and the controls make sense when you break it down. If the right stick controls jukes, backstep, and hurdle, then it's clear that the stick controls the lower body and is where you should keep your thumb when possessing a finesse back. With A/X and Y/Triangle being stiff arm and truck, then you have your thumb up there for the power backs and don't have to move it to the stick the truck here and back to the face buttons for a stiff arm.

I know the vast vast vast majority didn't like the change, but there was logic to it, and as someone who's played a million hours of 2k, it didn't feel weird at all.

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 07-10-2020 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-10-2020, 05:18 PM   #3
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

I like this change, but again why not have both options available and let the user decide.

Playing:
Old 07-10-2020, 05:39 PM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

In light of EA's rather large and visible push on video game accessibility issues - Madden 18 was one of EA's tentpole titles for this, what with its many new options for aiding visually-impaired players - that no Madden game offers multiple control schemes or customizable button mappings strikes me as a glaring and extremely obvious missed opportunity.

I didn't come away from the beta with a strong opinion over moving Truck from the right stick, but I understood the reasoning behind the change. I don't really care that much that it's getting changed back. But I would like to have the option.
Old 07-10-2020, 06:28 PM   #5
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

One thing about the Beta feedback on the truck stick change is that there didn't seem to be very many, if any, people strongly advocating for how much they liked the new controls. That would obviously create a perception that it was universally hated.

I have no idea about something like this, but is it possible that players having different control schemes could somehow cause desync or other issues online. I feel like something to do with online play would be the only reason why Madden wouldn't offer multiple control schemes.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2020, 06:41 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
One thing about the Beta feedback on the truck stick change is that there didn't seem to be very many, if any, people strongly advocating for how much they liked the new controls. That would obviously create a perception that it was universally hated.

I have no idea about something like this, but is it possible that players having different control schemes could somehow cause desync or other issues online. I feel like something to do with online play would be the only reason why Madden wouldn't offer multiple control schemes.
People hate change. I wonder how many people didn't mind the controls or even liked them, but stayed quiet?

I can't imagine different controls would cause any desync, but it may be something that is harder than we think. I know Maximum Football is basically being built by one guy, but last year he stated it was about impossible for him to patch in custom controls because it is a lot more work than you would realize. However, custom controls are coming this year in that game, so I don't really know why EA can't do it. If I wanted the right trigger to juke left and the left bumper to juke right, then I should have the ability to set my controls that way.

― Plato
Old 07-10-2020, 07:04 PM   #7
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
People hate change. I wonder how many people didn't mind the controls or even liked them, but stayed quiet?

I can't imagine different controls would cause any desync, but it may be something that is harder than we think. I know Maximum Football is basically being built by one guy, but last year he stated it was about impossible for him to patch in custom controls because it is a lot more work than you would realize. However, custom controls are coming this year in that game, so I don't really know why EA can't do it. If I wanted the right trigger to juke left and the left bumper to juke right, then I should have the ability to set my controls that way.
Isn't that game offline only? I know that EA can do it for sure, I 100% believe it has something to do with online play.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-10-2020, 08:23 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

The game is offline, that's not the point. Customizable control schemes should not affect online play unless EA truly has one of the worst built games on the market, which they have claimed their foundation is garbage multiple times.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »