Home

EA to remove retired Washington team name from Madden 21 with launch-day title update

This is a discussion on EA to remove retired Washington team name from Madden 21 with launch-day title update within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What to do with Washington?
no logo / team name (i.e. "Washington") The results are hidden 0%
use a placeholder logo / team name until the team announces a new one The results are hidden 0%
keep the existing logo / team name in the game until the team announces a new one The results are hidden 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2020, 06:00 PM   #57
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA to remove retired Washington team name from Madden 21 with launch-day title up

Sucks to be a Redskins fan for 2020! Not having that genuine or realistic representation in the game. This is why it should wait till 2021. I promise the world won’t fall apart
Old 07-23-2020, 08:33 PM   #58
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: EA to remove retired Washington team name from Madden 21 with launch-day title up

Went to my local bargain hunt yesterday, they hace a lot of closeout, damaged, stock buyout stuff and they had a ton of Haskins and Kerrigan Jerseys for super cheap. I am curious how the commentary will handle this change. If they'll have to edit every single line to omit redskins. Not to mention all the players who have played for the skins that mention the team by name.

#fixmaddenfranchise
Old 07-23-2020, 09:48 PM   #59
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Why not the Washington Football Club??? It would have sounded so much better.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 07-23-2020, 10:18 PM   #60
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
Why not the Washington Football Club??? It would have sounded so much better.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app

I am with you on that question. Was thinking the same thing as I believe the full name of the New York Giants is, The New York Football Giants, so The Washington Football Club would work. I believe there are professional Soccer teams that include Football Club in their name and looks good.
Old 07-23-2020, 10:25 PM   #61
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Should have gone with Washington Sentinels. Then Shane Falco can come out of retirement and actually QB that team to the playoffs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2020, 11:32 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I am with you on that question. Was thinking the same thing as I believe the full name of the New York Giants is, The New York Football Giants, so The Washington Football Club would work. I believe there are professional Soccer teams that include Football Club in their name and looks good.

This is probably why. Not wanting to “confuse” the football team with a soccer club.
Old 07-24-2020, 11:42 PM   #63
Pro

sinthros's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
Why? They already threw away millions of dollars in merchandising by caving into a tiny racist minority that want to erase American Indian heritage from sports by cancelling the Redskins name in the first place.
People are racist for wanting to change the name from a literal racial slur to anything else? Excuse me?
Old 07-25-2020, 07:13 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 1

It’s too bad this couldn’t have been earlier for ethical reasons rather than at this point more or less by force.

Anyhow, this opens the door to start considering other team names:

Jets (carbon emissions)
49ers, Cowboys, Bills (manifest destiny)
Saints (offensive to atheists)
Patriots (loyalty to a racist country)

And we should ditch the kneeling and replace it with a flag burning before each game. Kap will be proud.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »