Home

CPU Offensive Audibles

This is a discussion on CPU Offensive Audibles within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2020, 07:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
CPU Offensive Audibles

It feels like audibles called by the CPU on offense break something in the coverage because I've been giving up huge plays to wide open, uncovered receivers. My defense shifts correctly and preplay assignments look right, but someone always comes off their coverage to rush the passer leaving someone wide open. Sometimes it's a WR, other times it's the TE or RB. But someone is always wide open. I've started calling an audible myself to zone coverage to try and mitigate this issue, but it feels like 9/10 times someone is still wide open. Is this something anyone else has issues with?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2020, 08:13 PM   #2
Rookie

Connolly22's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: CPU Offensive Audibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFan01
It feels like audibles called by the CPU on offense break something in the coverage because I've been giving up huge plays to wide open, uncovered receivers. My defense shifts correctly and preplay assignments look right, but someone always comes off their coverage to rush the passer leaving someone wide open. Sometimes it's a WR, other times it's the TE or RB. But someone is always wide open. I've started calling an audible myself to zone coverage to try and mitigate this issue, but it feels like 9/10 times someone is still wide open. Is this something anyone else has issues with?

You should also audible. The reason they are audibleing in the first place is because they see a way to beat the defense you’re currently in. If you change your defense when they audible then they won’t know what you’re running
Old 09-06-2020, 09:32 PM   #3
Rookie

Maxil's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: CPU Offensive Audibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFan01

There's been a couple threads about defenders rushing the passer leaving their assignment, I made one of them.

I'm on PC and I moved the right stick click to select and this stopped happening, it's not mentioned in the controls but it's a "hey, someone go after the QB" button that was put in awhile ago, but I thought it's been removed for some time but apparently not, although it's not in any of the control screens.

I'm dedicated however they're using some light sensitivity of the button, when I suspected this I went into GTA and flailed the right stick all over the place and it never looked behind me (it's function in GTA) unless I really pushed it down, however in madden it seems to trigger just moving the stick down and to the side almost like clockwork. I figure and am pretty sure it is only a on or off button, but I tested this extensively in both games and can get it to happen constantly in madden so I'm still a bit perplexed by it.

They really really want people usering linemen this year and it's an apparent issue I had with both an xbox and ps4 controller on pc

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »