Home

Is Gameplay or Franchise more important to you?

This is a discussion on Is Gameplay or Franchise more important to you? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2020, 08:47 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Is Gameplay or Franchise more important to you?

I ask this because Madden is designed for on the field play and that has been the major gripe ever since EA was granted the exclusive license. I'm an offline player so the franchise mode was important but it seems like some are willing to ignore the gameplay shortcomings if the franchise mode is improved. Do you buy Madden and not play it but instead use it like Head Coach or a text sim?

IMO, the franchise mode or any other mode improvements for that matter, are irrelevant if the game isn't fun to play. The "franchise is a joke" appears to be nothing more than a trendy thing to jump on and be apart of it. Why not do this 5 years ago. I believe youtube and twitter have been around since 2006?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2020, 09:00 PM   #2
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Is Gameplay or Franchise more important to you?

Gameplay. If the hook on the field isn't good, then I can just go back to playing Head Coach or go play OOTP etc. and get a better experience than any normal franchise mode. Obviously both matter, but yeah, there's a clear one thing before the other.
Old 07-01-2020, 09:17 PM   #3
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

It's probably 55-45 Gameplay-Franchise for me. They have to work together and if one is terrible, it's going to drag down the other. I largely had a lot of fun with Madden 20 and enjoyed playing the games but completely stopped and quit my franchise because of how terrible the mode is. Then if it's the other way around where gameplay is terrible, it means nothing to have a deep franchise experience because it's a struggle to continuously play.

I give the edge to gameplay because even with franchise as bad as it is, having fun on the field still gives you some good run while if it's the other way around, I'm probably not making it through one season.
Old 07-01-2020, 09:23 PM   #4
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Gameplay is more important to me but both are very important and both are bad in Madden. I’ve given up. Stopped buying the game two years ago. Very few resources are put into any offline features. Cpu AI is bad. Sliders broken and limited. Only a few camera angles with no zoom or height options. And the franchise mode lacks depth, options and realism.

There are so many things wrong and barely changed for the offline only gamer, I quit buying Madden and I rarely come into Madden forums anymore either. What’s the point? EA doesn’t care about gamers like me anymore and so I don’t care about them and refuse to buy their substandard product.
Old 07-01-2020, 09:29 PM   #5
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
It's probably 55-45 Gameplay-Franchise for me. They have to work together and if one is terrible, it's going to drag down the other. I largely had a lot of fun with Madden 20 and enjoyed playing the games but completely stopped and quit my franchise because of how terrible the mode is. Then if it's the other way around where gameplay is terrible, it means nothing to have a deep franchise experience because it's a struggle to continuously play.

I give the edge to gameplay because even with franchise as bad as it is, having fun on the field still gives you some good run while if it's the other way around, I'm probably not making it through one season.

Yeah i'm the same. For me, the gameplay in M20 made it one of the most fun games for me and I went crazy deep into franchise even though it's the same mode as always. This is why I'm so glad Clint is still there. He is working hard and doing a lot for the game. John White too with the playbooks. Those two areas Madden is really doing well in right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2020, 09:35 PM   #6
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Gameplay before franchise honestly. Broken gameplay aspects make it so I don't even want to play franchise.
Old 07-01-2020, 09:41 PM   #7
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Gameplay hands down for me & is about 85 gameplay/15 franchise.

Playing:
Old 07-01-2020, 09:45 PM   #8
Rookie

Gameplay is obviously the most important piece but madden does neither very well. We cant throw a fade route in 2020. We could in 05 tho on another game lol. Franchise is important for replay ability IMO. I dont want to keep playing a bunch a play now games. Gets boring quick

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »