Home

Madden 21 Superstar & X Factor Abilities (Not Directly From EA)

This is a discussion on Madden 21 Superstar & X Factor Abilities (Not Directly From EA) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2020, 11:42 AM   #49
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 21 Superstar & X Factor Abilities (Not Directly From EA)

Arcade mode trash dressed up as 'sim'. That's all I have to say.
Old 07-27-2020, 12:05 PM   #50
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
What if it’s Stephon Gilmore instead of Buster Skrine?

A guarantee is a guarantee against all players, not just the bad ones.
Stephon Gilmore has the Man Up ability, which is a natural counter for the Double Move Elite ability. At that point, the abilities cancel out and the game reverts to ratings dice rolls.

In general, if you have a Man Up CB, the way you call your entire defense can and should change. I have personally had Man Up affect my play calling and roster management the most directly; in my most recent online franchise, a fantasy draft, I had Denzel Ward with Man Up (he got it through progression), and I used him to entirely erase receivers and force the offense to effectively play 10-on-10. In particular, I took special care to ensure Ward was always the solo / special CB in my Cover 4 Quarters / Palms vs Trips, so I could freelance with my safeties and jump crossing routes. I could do that because I knew Ward would lock down his man. Obviously I couldn't be as aggressive with my safeties if Ward was matched up against a premier receiver because it was no longer a guaranteed win.

The guaranteed win afforded to my defense by Ward's Man Up ability allowed me to call plays and user-control specific players on defense with more intentionality than I have ever done in any previous football game. That is absolutely and unquestionably a good thing.
Old 07-27-2020, 12:20 PM   #51
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Your mindset is a cancer to the development of any hope at solid gameplay.
Seriously?

You willfully don't engage with most of my argument, so I'm chopping off a lot of your post and focusing on this one point:

Quote:
the strategic component WOULD STILL EXIST without the 100% guaranteed success rate.
You are correct. The ratings would still drive the football outcomes if abilities didn't exist.

Consider, however, that Madden is a game played by literally millions of people who do not understand the game as well as you do, a self-identified competitive gamer.

Tiburon has a mandatory obligation to teach those less-skilled players football strategy so they can begin to catch up with your skill level. The abilities push those players in the correct direction in varying degrees of force and in organic and authentic ways. The abilities encourage those players to engage with all the systems in exactly the ways I've described in my previous posts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2020, 12:42 PM   #52
Rookie

Nothing guaranteed in a video game is a good thing lol. Sounds like a scripted “football” game. The best athletes in the world isnt winning anything 100% of the time against other good to great athletes. Gilmore probably the beat corner in fb rn and i seen devante parker light him up but in madden that cant happen. If its in the game its in the game
Old 07-27-2020, 12:55 PM   #53
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
In a video game that based off of running formulas to determine a said animation/outcome during gameplay, yes.

The higher the rating, the greater the win-chance/Die-Roll for said player to have a wining outcome against his opposition.

so in that regard a power house bruising Rb like Derrick Henry should have a 96 juke move in the game bc of dice rolls?
Old 07-27-2020, 01:01 PM   #54
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Seriously?
Yes. I don't know how old you are or if you're familiar with NBA live. That franchise used to be able to compete with NBA 2k until the ruined it by going with the exact thing you're pushing for here. Overpowered 100%( or damn near) success rate abilities. NBA 2k on the other hand took a much more modest approach towards their badge system and used them as a way to help distinguish star players and create more of a strategy element without lowering the skill gap.

Quote:
You willfully don't engage with most of my argument, so I'm chopping off a lot of your post and focusing on this one point:

You are correct. The ratings would still drive the football outcomes if abilities didn't exist.

Consider, however, that Madden is a game played by literally millions of people who do not understand the game as well as you do, a self-identified competitive gamer.
Let's be clear. I addressed your entire argument. I didn't engage with it because it's a strawman that is irrelevant to 100% success rate abilities. Strategy is a component that exists with or without the automatic success. I am also no longer a competitive gamer, I was years ago. I brought up that point to say that I've been on both ends of the spectrum.

Quote:
Tiburon has a mandatory obligation to teach those less-skilled players football strategy so they can begin to catch up with your skill level. The abilities push those players in the correct direction in varying degrees of force and in organic and authentic ways. The abilities encourage those players to engage with all the systems in exactly the ways I've described in my previous posts.

Abilities themselves? Yes. 100% success rate abilities is the specific issue, all it does it lower the skill gap which is a death sentence for the longevity of any game. Why put in the work to become great at something if the ceiling isn't that far from the ground? An ideal game has a low floor to allow casuals to pick up and play but also has a high ceiling to allow skilled players to showcase their abilities.

Madden in recent years has consistently lowered the ceiling and once again your mindset is a large part of that problem. It's why so many people in the community are frustrated with the game.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:10 PM   #55
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Seriously?

100% chance rates dont teach anything in fact they do the opposite. the new meta in 21 will be get as many defenders with this ability as you can.

this has potential to be the new kicker at qb for faster handoffs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2020, 01:26 PM   #56
Rookie

Dagan's Arena

I know that I'm new here, but it seems odd to me having these abilities. If we can turn them off, and by the way, I can't see where anyone answered that yet or not, then it means we don't need the abilities? So, if we don't need the abilities, then that means that ratings do actually matter? It's odd because then it's a game where you really only just need the ratings to do what they are supposed to do, but then there are abilities possible, should we choose, and they quite simply act like getting the star in Super Mario Bros. Is this fair of an analogy?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »