Home

What are some cool or interesting things you've seen happen in older Franchise modes

This is a discussion on What are some cool or interesting things you've seen happen in older Franchise modes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2020, 04:46 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What are some cool or interesting things you've seen happen in older Franchise mo

I think it was 05 but I had drafted a RB with my first rd pick, he had great speed and I was ready to build the ground and pound offense around him and on the first carry of the preseason he had a career ending injury. I was so pissed.
Old 07-23-2020, 06:45 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: What are some cool or interesting things you've seen happen in older Franchise mo

I always liked playing hardball with holdouts. I’d let them sit out the entire year and then their overall would drop by about ten points. Good luck getting a new contract now
Old 07-24-2020, 01:29 AM   #11
MVP

prey2god's Arena

I'm a big broadcast cam fan and have been playing on that view since I don't know when.

But Madden 25 had the most ideal broadcast cam. It looked great! I don't understand why they took it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2020, 07:46 AM   #12
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Madden 06, PS2, Colts franchise.

Peyton Manning is lost for the year during the 3rd pre-season game. Enter Jim freakin Sorgi.

All he did was throw for over 4,300 yards and 35 TDs to only about 7 INTs. Made the pro bowl and was in the MVP voting.

He went up to a high 80’s overall and his value absolutely skyrocketed. He went into the offseason and signed a major deal with a team after the Colts couldn’t afford to keep him around anymore.

By far the best franchise mode memory I have of any Madden game. It’s something I’ll never forget.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-24-2020, 08:36 AM   #13
Rookie

DatsunDimer's Arena

I know there is another thread about injuries near the top of the board, but I feel like every major memorable Madden event for me usually revolved around a major injury. The panic and intrigue of having your perceived plan about your team going forward completely demolished. The unexpected variables were what made my franchise mode experiences so much fun.
Old 07-24-2020, 03:20 PM   #14
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

As lately as my latest franchise, the Jets rebuild in M20, I signed TE Robert Tonyan (IRL he's with the Packers). Although he never progressed to any meaningful OVR, he became the best tight end in all of Maddens I played so far. I think he was on my team for about 8 years, earned two contract extensions, had at least 3 or 4 seasons with 10+ receiving touchdowns and played in at least one, if not two, Pro Bowls. In his last season on my roster, he had 20 TDs. An absolute stud, and except for Robby Anderson, who's been in it's own league for three Maddens in a row now, Tonyan was my most favourite player in M20 by far.
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)
Old 07-24-2020, 05:55 PM   #15
MVP

In my M12 49ers Franchise, Isaac Sopoaga of all people tied or broke (I can't remember which off the top of my head) the single-game sack record on MNF against the Steelers.

In my M16 49ers CFM, I traded Colin Kaepernick to Buffalo at the start to initiate a full rebuild. He responded by leading the Bills to a Super Bowl win at Levi's Stadium in his first year. Can't help but think there was a bit of spite/vengeance there.

In that same CFM, Brady retired after year 1, and the Pats were able to stay competitive and win the AFC East with Kellen Moore as their new QB1 and Christian Ponder as his backup. I could totally buy something like that happening in real-life.
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2020, 06:54 AM   #16
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

In my many Packers franchises, Brett Favre was usually my OC, then head coach once he retired and showed up in the coaching pool. It was so cool to then see him on the sidelines. He ended up having like a 30 year career with the Pack between playing and coaching.

I also had a player who missed training camp and preseason like 3 years in a row to do movie roles. I knew what was in his future and it was so cool imagining players having lives outside of my little franchise mode.

#fixmaddenfranchise

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »