Home

Player Retirement Question

This is a discussion on Player Retirement Question within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2020, 05:24 PM   #1
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0
Player Retirement Question

Im working on a 32 CFM up to date Franchise. It doesn't seem lowering ages do much in terms of keeping players from not retiring. Seems as if once they hit 15, 16, or more years played they retire no matter what.

Notable for me, I've seen Drew Brees retire, Big Ben retire and Fitzgerald seems to be one who always retires no matter how much I lower his age. Does OVR play a factor in it? What can I do to keep these guys around for Year 2 of my up to date Franchise?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2020, 09:05 PM   #2
Pro

sinthros's Arena

Re: Player Retirement Question

On PC we can mod the logic in regard to the ages different positions retire at. On console your best bet is to simply lower their age before the end of week 17 (that's when retirements are determined) and then raise the age back up after the retirement stage.
Old 08-01-2020, 01:26 AM   #3
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthros
On PC we can mod the logic in regard to the ages different positions retire at. On console your best bet is to simply lower their age before the end of week 17 (that's when retirements are determined) and then raise the age back up after the retirement stage.
Yeah this is why I want to explore getting a gaming PC because of the things I've seen in the PC thread where you make Franchise play better. I just never understood why EA doesn't give every player a retirement year slider that we can adjust on console.

Say on the Player Card when your editing Larry Fitzgerald, you would be able to see "Retirement: Year 1" which would mean he retires after the first year of Franchise but if I change it to year two, three, etc, then he doesn't retire until after those years.
Old 08-01-2020, 10:11 AM   #4
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Did you try reversing the regression at all before proceeding to the week after offseason re-signings? I was sad to see Fitz retire so early in my M20 franchise as well.

I've been able to keep Vinatieri around by bumping up his OVR after he regresses. There are a lot of WR's in the league so the algorithm might tie in OVR to age and years in the league. It also might have something to do with the team doing well and making the playoffs.

Try reversing all of the catch-related regression and let Fitz only lose the SPD/ACC/AGI athleticism. Let me know how it goes.
Old 08-01-2020, 11:09 AM   #5
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
Im working on a 32 CFM up to date Franchise. It doesn't seem lowering ages do much in terms of keeping players from not retiring. Seems as if once they hit 15, 16, or more years played they retire no matter what.

Notable for me, I've seen Drew Brees retire, Big Ben retire and Fitzgerald seems to be one who always retires no matter how much I lower his age. Does OVR play a factor in it? What can I do to keep these guys around for Year 2 of my up to date Franchise?
This can be dependant on when you're trying to change the ages. I think I covered this in my Madden 17 or 19 tips... Ages would need changing prior to "season end" (Week 17 or playoff loss) to halt retirement chance if based on Age.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2020, 12:27 PM   #6
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
Did you try reversing the regression at all before proceeding to the week after offseason re-signings? I was sad to see Fitz retire so early in my M20 franchise as well.

I've been able to keep Vinatieri around by bumping up his OVR after he regresses. There are a lot of WR's in the league so the algorithm might tie in OVR to age and years in the league. It also might have something to do with the team doing well and making the playoffs.

Try reversing all of the catch-related regression and let Fitz only lose the SPD/ACC/AGI athleticism. Let me know how it goes.
How would I reverse the regression? Ive been thinking if raising the OVR as well to see if it changes anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattanite
This can be dependant on when you're trying to change the ages. I think I covered this in my Madden 17 or 19 tips... Ages would need changing prior to "season end" (Week 17 or playoff loss) to halt retirement chance if based on Age.
Wait until Week 17 or should I do it in the preseason or Week 1? Does changing the age earlier than week 17 impact anything?
Old 08-01-2020, 12:34 PM   #7
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
Wait until Week 17 or should I do it in the preseason or Week 1? Does changing the age earlier than week 17 impact anything?
Retirements are decided when a teams season officially ends (i.e. they've played their week 17 game and not made playoffs or they're eliminated from playoffs). Changing their age (if it's based on this and not years pro) before then will affect the XP earned in season and be useless for retirements.

Example: The Patriots make a later Superbowl so you don't need to edit Tom Brady's age until before the Superbowl is played or week advanced as the Madden logic hasn't determined if he retires or not yet, whereas all other teams by that point have determined retirements.

If it's an offline CFM you can always scum save week 17 and reload and re-advance to offseason to change the retirements. Or if it's an offline CFM you can take control of the pending retirement player in CFM and then "retire" that CFM player in preseason week 1 to see them pop in the free agent pool, go control the teams coach and resign. Online CFM... well... Age edit will have to do.

There tips are all in my threads over the years, the structure of CFM changes a small amount that some tips are updated out, but a few still work year to year:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...hise-tips.html

Old 08-01-2020, 12:36 PM   #8
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Hahahaha, wow this goes back a fair way...

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-retiring.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »