Home

EA Provides More Details & Commitments to Madden NFL 21 & Madden NFL 22 Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on EA Provides More Details & Commitments to Madden NFL 21 & Madden NFL 22 Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2020, 02:51 AM   #321
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: EA Provides More Details & Commitments to Madden NFL 21 & Madden NFL 22 Franchise

Will you please fix the Stats League leaders menu where my top defensive players that lead the league in each categories are actually listed? My defenses usually have top 10 players in tackles, sacks, ff, int’s and def TD’s but never show on the list when sorted from highest to lowest. It’s been an issue since madden 12!!!! Maybe when that is fixed, I’ll actually believe that other stuff will be fixed. Thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2020, 09:29 AM   #322
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: EA Provides More Details & Commitments to Madden NFL 21 & Madden NFL 22 Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcaicedo242
Will you please fix the Stats League leaders menu where my top defensive players that lead the league in each categories are actually listed? My defenses usually have top 10 players in tackles, sacks, ff, int’s and def TD’s but never show on the list when sorted from highest to lowest. It’s been an issue since madden 12!!!! Maybe when that is fixed, I’ll actually believe that other stuff will be fixed. Thank you.
This is spot on. Also things like fumble recoveries counting as x2 in simmed games.

These are not difficult fixes.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:37 AM   #323
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Having YPC under team rushing stats would be nice too. It was in the first Madden that had franchise mode, I think Madden 99?
Old 10-13-2020, 05:13 PM   #324
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

I'm literally stunned reading the NHL 21 Franchise Mode improvements. Yet I'm screaming at my computer saying, why are these things not in Madden? Not every issue will be solved by porting features from NHL or FIFA's Franchise but they have features that would fix some of Madden's Franchise issues.

From the article and should be in Madden:

- New Trade Deadline Experience: Your experience within the trade deadline will be shaped by the decision on whether you are a seller, conservative seller, conservative buyer or buyer. Choosing one of those 4 options will influence the type of trade offers you will receive.

Record book: Allowing players to sort through all-time NHL career stats, all-time NHL season stats, all-time NHL rookie stats and franchise leaders. They have also added multiple positions for some players to help with lineup generation.

Draft class quality: If set to the high setting, you will see stronger draft classes more often. Additionally, a new generated prospect quality setting has been added. When this is set to a high setting, you will see more top end prospects generated.

Fixed Value of Positions: We’ve also adjusted the value of certain positions, centers and defenders will see an increase in overall value while goalies and wingers will have slightly less overall value than previous years.

Last edited by UFCMPunk; 10-13-2020 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-13-2020, 06:43 PM   #325
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
I'm literally stunned reading the NHL 21 Franchise Mode improvements. Yet I'm screaming at my computer saying, why are these things not in Madden? Not every issue will be solved by porting features from NHL or FIFA's Franchise but they have features that would fix some of Madden's Franchise issues.

From the article and should be in Madden:

- New Trade Deadline Experience: Your experience within the trade deadline will be shaped by the decision on whether you are a seller, conservative seller, conservative buyer or buyer. Choosing one of those 4 options will influence the type of trade offers you will receive.

Record book: Allowing players to sort through all-time NHL career stats, all-time NHL season stats, all-time NHL rookie stats and franchise leaders. They have also added multiple positions for some players to help with lineup generation.

Draft class quality: If set to the high setting, you will see stronger draft classes more often. Additionally, a new generated prospect quality setting has been added. When this is set to a high setting, you will see more top end prospects generated.

Fixed Value of Positions: We’ve also adjusted the value of certain positions, centers and defenders will see an increase in overall value while goalies and wingers will have slightly less overall value than previousyears.
Not too mention, they got coach carousel last year. I feel like NHL has more creative freedom to do what they want. It was the same way for NCAA series, not sure about FIFA. It feels that for the non-flagship titles, as long as you are bringing in X-amount of revenue, they can do want they want. I'm more into NHL's Be a Pro mode than Face of the Franchise and doesn't even have the cinematic cutscenes. It just has depth and the NHL experience.

The problem is that they try to keep Franchise Mode very simple and easy to pick up. Football is a very complex sport. If you want to make it easy to pick up, then ability to have options or have CPU handle everything comes into play. Look at Skill Trees in NHL, Madden can't really have that as constructed. There's not enough intricate detail in Madden for it to have Skill Trees and stuff like that.

I don't know why they never went after a GM mode. You can simplify it down to 3 options. Cap Wizard, Player Evaluator, and Charmer. Cap Wizard focuses on cap management and increases chances to sign players at below market deals. Talent Evaluator focuses on scouting, drafting, and bonuses on FA who fit your team. Charmer increases chances on hiring big name coaches and attracting big name players, increases chances on trades. You can make that mode as complex as you want
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2020, 06:37 PM   #326
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Hate to bump an old thread but has there been any more info or a date for this supposed franchise update?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 11-03-2020, 07:49 PM   #327
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Hate to bump an old thread but has there been any more info or a date for this supposed franchise update?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Update is for sure coming this Thursday. Whether this has the franchise updates in it remains to be seen.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-2020, 09:26 PM   #328
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk

No way, man. I f-ing LOVE having every draft class every year have 17 first-round-worthy DT. It's so realistic!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »