Home

EA Provides More Details & Commitments to Madden NFL 21 & Madden NFL 22 Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on EA Provides More Details & Commitments to Madden NFL 21 & Madden NFL 22 Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2020, 05:30 PM   #57
Rookie

binga30's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Madden NFL 21 franchise mode update

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Substance from a ask in early July is a huge ask with the game going gold in late July or now.

People that were looking for Tony Bruno, mini games, and newspapers returning set expectations too high in less than a month to get in the game.

Voices were heard and now they need to deliver on what has been said.
Look it's great they are listening and all, but there's only so much cool-aid you can drink.

I get that it's unrealistic to expect any new stuff this late in the dev process, but why not ask the gamers what they want in future versions?

They're laying down a road map, their road map.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Old 08-03-2020, 05:32 PM   #58

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

This all but confirms that next gen Madden is a port with better graphics.
Old 08-03-2020, 05:34 PM   #59
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0

That's what's up guys! Proud of this community. It's okay to complain sometimes. Complaints got heard throughout and they made it clear they're going to address this head on.

I'm very optimistic about Madden now. I just hope they fix that broken career stat/per game log issue within Franchise for individual players. That's a clear indicator that they are serious.
Old 08-03-2020, 05:34 PM   #60
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by binga30
Look it's great they are listening and all, but there's only so much cool-aid you can drink.

I get that it's unrealistic to expect any new stuff this late in the dev process, but why not ask the gamers what they want in future versions?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Isn't that what Madden Voice is for, though?

They've taken suggestions from the community and implementing some of those suggestions.

Let's see if they deliver what they blogged. No one is drinking the kool-aid, yet.

Another important key is the EP's name is bringing this information, not a developer, that is a big difference.

Last edited by roadman; 08-03-2020 at 05:42 PM.
Old 08-03-2020, 05:52 PM   #61
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
I think people should believe this one. EA has been tying Seann Graddy to these franchise updates. He's the executive producer. When the company puts your name on something you better believe you are expected to deliver.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I get that. But keep in mind that it's basically a 180° turnaround from what they plans for franchise mode originally were (the word "classic" alone should tell you all you really need to know). It just does not sound genuine. It should never had come down to this in the first place.

Look, I definitely do not want to come off as a "never be satisfied no matter what they do" type of guy. I actually like a lot of what guys playing the beta were reporting, just like last year. And some of what they suddenly plan on adding already this year sounds very, very nice (user-editing of abilities alone would be amazing). But it's definitely a wait-and-see approach for me from now on, no more pre-orders, day one buys and what not.

Do, or do not. There is no try.
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2020, 05:54 PM   #62
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
I've convinced myself the Madden team heard our voices and will put a priority on franchise mode moving forward with the game road-map. Also the HeadCoach dream we all had a decade ago probably left with Josh Looman's depart.
IMO the Head Coach dream died when HC 09 didn't sell well. "HC features in Madden would make Madden's Franchise mode really solid" is not the lesson that Tiburon Executives took from that games financial failure, and that has shaped the mode going forward.

Also, there is no harm in people wishing for it, but a total rebuild or reintroduction of Madden 05 features in next gen Madden Franchise mode is simply not going to happen.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-03-2020, 05:57 PM   #63
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by binga30
I can assure you it's not their road map. If you look at the additions and direction that franchise mode has been heading for the last several years, if this was their road map it would look drastically different to what you see there. It might not be your road map, but it hits on a ton of pain points the community has been harping on for years. With as far behind as franchise has become, it wasn't going to be possible to hit on absolutely everything but I can tell you both lists were made based on community feedback more than anything else.
Old 08-03-2020, 06:04 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

It is kind of funny how things that have been requested for years like a playoff race page and a retirement screen have been ignored for years. EA gets called out for having the worst franchise mode in sports and they find it in their power to patch these small additions in.

Like I said way back when this all started. EA put themselves in lose-lose. Either they don't get everything in and get pelted for it, or they add stuff in via patches and everyone's wondering why they can patch it in after 4 months, but couldn't add it in over the previous 8 years.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »