Home

Deciding on a Franchise Team for M21

This is a discussion on Deciding on a Franchise Team for M21 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2020, 10:15 AM   #9
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Deciding on a Franchise Team for M21

I think I will go back to the NFC this year and go with the Panthers. Will most likely start a Cowboys franchise later on in the year just in case any update requires a restart.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:29 AM   #10
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

Bears & Steelers! I like to do one NFC & one AFC.

Playing:
Old 08-10-2020, 12:31 PM   #11
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I got a lot out of the 'live season' stuff last year and that guided my franchise choices quite a bit. Playing a compelling matchup for that week often led to me playing at least a few more weeks.

That aside, as a Chiefs fan they'd be fun to sim a season or two and then continue to build up the roster around Mahomes, or play the Raiders and enjoy this new stadium and build a roster to try and compete in the AFC West.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2020, 12:47 PM   #12
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

I did the "crap rebuild" thing last year. It was enjoyable, but this year, I want to go a little different direction.

I want to take on saving a sinking ship. I have a few teams in mind right now (in rough order of preference).

1a. Chicago. They lack cap room, draft assets, and youth; but the Bears have talent. The question is if the talent can be molded in time to make a legit run. I still think Mitch has the raw tools to be effective but he needs weapons outside of ARob (I'm not a Cohen fan fwiw). The weakness of this pick though is a weak division - none of the other teams have true "staying power"; so I think it'll be a mess.

1b. Rams. The Rams are older than we'd like to think. There are a couple of studs on defense, but overall, the team lacks star power. Goff is a divisive QB - I think he can still be good, but he's going to need help. Plus, they're in a really tough division. (As an aside, I've always liked Malcolm Brown in video games - going back to NCAA 14. Seeing him in a starting role adds some appeal)

3. Houston. Things could get ugly in a couple of years with the cap. I think they're decent enough for a year; but for a long-term 'chise, it's going to require some fancy maneuvers. I'd love to run an air-raid style of attack here.

4. Philly. My god, the salary cap is a nightmare. The thing giving me 'pause' on doing this is playing in a fairly weak division and the strong likelihood that it will wind-up turning into a rebuilding project after just a season.

5. Detroit. I'm trying to figure out if this is a sunken ship or if it's still afloat and taking on water. Stafford is not a bad QB, they have weapons on the outside, Hockenson over the middle, and a couple of good RBs. The line is a mess and defense needs a lot of work, but something in me thinks that you don't have to bail on the core roster right away. With a couple of breaks, this feels like a team that can slip into the playoffs.

Right now, the Bears and Rams are my top two contenders. I think both have some intriguing storyline possibilities
Old 08-10-2020, 11:30 PM   #13
Rookie

JDrama84's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I did the "crap rebuild" thing last year. It was enjoyable, but this year, I want to go a little different direction.

I want to take on saving a sinking ship. I have a few teams in mind right now (in rough order of preference).

1a. Chicago. They lack cap room, draft assets, and youth; but the Bears have talent. The question is if the talent can be molded in time to make a legit run. I still think Mitch has the raw tools to be effective but he needs weapons outside of ARob (I'm not a Cohen fan fwiw). The weakness of this pick though is a weak division - none of the other teams have true "staying power"; so I think it'll be a mess.

1b. Rams. The Rams are older than we'd like to think. There are a couple of studs on defense, but overall, the team lacks star power. Goff is a divisive QB - I think he can still be good, but he's going to need help. Plus, they're in a really tough division. (As an aside, I've always liked Malcolm Brown in video games - going back to NCAA 14. Seeing him in a starting role adds some appeal)

3. Houston. Things could get ugly in a couple of years with the cap. I think they're decent enough for a year; but for a long-term 'chise, it's going to require some fancy maneuvers. I'd love to run an air-raid style of attack here.

4. Philly. My god, the salary cap is a nightmare. The thing giving me 'pause' on doing this is playing in a fairly weak division and the strong likelihood that it will wind-up turning into a rebuilding project after just a season.

5. Detroit. I'm trying to figure out if this is a sunken ship or if it's still afloat and taking on water. Stafford is not a bad QB, they have weapons on the outside, Hockenson over the middle, and a couple of good RBs. The line is a mess and defense needs a lot of work, but something in me thinks that you don't have to bail on the core roster right away. With a couple of breaks, this feels like a team that can slip into the playoffs.

Right now, the Bears and Rams are my top two contenders. I think both have some intriguing storyline possibilities
Love this idea. I am leaning towards the crap rebuild as I have yet to do one with such little young talent on the roster. I’m thinking a Falcons or Bears chise would be fun due to cap.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:58 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrama84
Love this idea. I am leaning towards the crap rebuild as I have yet to do one with such little young talent on the roster. I’m thinking a Falcons or Bears chise would be fun due to cap.
Bears would probably be a fun one. There's definitely a lot of franchises who are in a pretty dire situation that would take 5 years minimum to properly turn around.

I might do one of them later in the year. I like the Saints as an option too. Their situation isn't quite as bad as some of the others listed but a lot of their talent will be fine in 2-3 years and they're up against the cap during that period too. You inherit a contender but it will take some effort to retool and rebuild once the window closes.
Old 08-11-2020, 09:25 AM   #15
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrama84
The Falcons would be another team that fits the bill for sure. For me though, their Arena League-inspired uniforms (ATL on the front? REALLY? LMAO) and just the fact that they are the Falcons (I'm a Saints fan) turns me off completely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2020, 11:25 AM   #16
Rookie

MasonOS95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
The Falcons would be another team that fits the bill for sure. For me though, their Arena League-inspired uniforms (ATL on the front? REALLY? LMAO) and just the fact that they are the Falcons (I'm a Saints fan) turns me off completely.

Rude just rude man....

ATL baaaaaaaaybeee

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »