Home

Deciding on a Franchise Team for M21

This is a discussion on Deciding on a Franchise Team for M21 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2020, 03:14 PM   #25
MVP

KiffinWillWin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Deciding on a Franchise Team for M21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPH2293
I've had success with Washington in Madden 20 using the 3-4 defensive playbook. I'm not sure what type of defense they're running next season though.

Because I'm a Patriots fan, I'll mostly be using them. However, when I play a franchise with my dad, he'll take the Patriots and I'll take one of several teams (almost always NFC).

In my most recent franchise in Madden 20, I simulated the first season and relocated/rebranded the Washington Football Team. Go Dublin Celtic Tigers! Easy choice for me because I'm also a Celtics fan lol.
My Dad Played Franchise With Me 2, Its Fun Just Don't Steal His QB lol.
Favorite NFL Team: Las Vegas Raiders
Favorite Players Of All-Time: Derek Carr & Tom Brady
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2020, 04:20 PM   #26
16 Time World Champion

Nature_Boy's Arena

OVR: 30

Las Vegas Raiders!
Old 08-14-2020, 03:49 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 1

Niners. Always Niners. Never anyone else.
Old 08-16-2020, 07:56 AM   #28
Rookie

manunitedfan's Arena

Seahawks!! Close to being super bowl contenders but just weak on trenches(offensive and defensive lines).
Old 08-16-2020, 11:06 AM   #29
Rookie

clwnbby's Arena

I’ve always got a Cardinals franchise going that I tend to take more seriously than any others that I may run on the side. I’m constantly trying to get Larry his ring. In Madden years, only really have one shot at it.

I’m thinking about the Chargers or the Texans for something to mess around with on the side. I don’t think I’d get tired of looking at the new Chargers unis or stadium, and Derwin James is one of my favorite players in the league. The Texans are gonna need some help on offense for Watson...could be interesting.
Old 08-16-2020, 04:12 PM   #30
MVP

I've decided that I'm actually going to run three franchises this year. I've got two locked in but I can't decide on the third.

The first will be an ultra realistic Colts franchise. I'm going to play one game a week on the same day that the Colts play their actual games for the first season.

The second will be in an online league with the Bengals that also advances once a week. I'll hopefully trade away a couple of vets year one for picks and build strong around Burrow in years two and three.

The third I'm not sure about. I won't keep this one as realistic as the others but also won't go cheesy. I think I'd like it to be a bit of a rebuild, and I'm thinking I'll go owner mode so I can change coaches if I want to and have the option to relocate if it makes sense at some point. I'm thinking the Vikings or the Chargers at the moment.

Each have a beautiful stadium and cool uniforms, each have coaches that should be on the hot seat, and each have some good franchise pieces already in place. The Chargers have hugely underperformed recently based in their roster, but have plenty of ways to improve and build around Herbert. The Vikings have had more success, but have still fallen short of expectations. Their roster needs a lot more work going forward, but I think that's a pro for me rather than a con.

Any other suggestions?
Old 08-21-2020, 10:51 AM   #31
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I've decided on the Los Angeles Chargers for M21.

Will #6 pick QB Justin Herbert win the starting job or will Tyrod Taylor lock it up and mentor Herbert?

I also control the MLB on D so having 23rd overall pick Kenneth Murray from Oklahoma should be fun to watch develop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2020, 11:53 AM   #32
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

We haven't drafted for teams yet in my online league so haven't decided there.

But for my side franchises of course I'm going to do one like I always do with the Lions. But after looking over some things with the 10 hour EA access trial I'm pretty sure I'll also run one with the Chargers if I don't take them in my online league. Building around Herbert is going to be a lot of fun, that 92 throw power and 82 speed will be a great starting point for a vertical passing attack.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »