Home

Deciding on a Franchise Team for M21

This is a discussion on Deciding on a Franchise Team for M21 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2020, 06:04 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Deciding on a Franchise Team for M21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Choose Your Team Realistically
There are a number of ways to do this, but I recommend choosing a school who hired a new coach in real life that year who had no previous college head coaching experience. I also will not take a HC job filled by someone who was a real-life coordinator the year before as to me it seems weird to have that real-life person just disappear. Instead, I look for a guy with a 0-0 career record, and I use Wikipedia to search for these coaches to see whether they came from another program or not as a coordinator. You’ll end up finding a team who hired someone from the NFL, Division II, or someone who was previously a position coach, exclusively. That is where I get my pool of eligible teams who’d hired a bum like me. This is a more realistic experience than just picking a 1-star school, and it even gives you some options to get into a slightly better conference to start with.
I’m rolling with CAR. I normally attempt a “rebuild” but, thanks to the excerpt from Mike Lowe’s post on simsportsgaming.com, I’m using a team that actually hired a new coach with no NFL experience. This Is for NCAA 14 but I figured I’d adopt it for Madden as well. For the first time I can actually play with my favorite team
In a CFM.
Old 08-26-2020, 06:37 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 5

Lucky for me as a long suffering Dolphins fan I have a team to use every single year in need of a rebuild😢
Old 08-26-2020, 07:41 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 0

Going with Broncos. Questionable young qb with some talent but stuck in division with the chiefs. Overall, a kicking team with some very good parts. Chubb and Miller rushing the passed with very good safeties and sutherland and Judy catching the ball. Also, Lindsey and gordon running the ball. Lots of contracts to deal with in first couple of years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2020, 07:58 PM   #52
Pro

kingcrf's Arena

OVR: 2

I always start with two, but by the end of the year find reason to run through like 20 lol. The plan is Colts, almost always run one, and Panthers. Colts just feel right this year on that contender on the brink of rebuilding. Panthers feel like the most fun rebuild to me. Love Teddy but it gives you a QB to replace. McCaffrey will be fun, not super attached to any one WR so that should be a fun room to develop. Defense is a fun rebuild.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Operation Sports mobile app
Gophers
Gators
Yankees
Old 08-27-2020, 02:40 AM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I've decided on the Los Angeles Chargers for M21.

Will #6 pick QB Justin Herbert win the starting job or will Tyrod Taylor lock it up and mentor Herbert?

I also control the MLB on D so having 23rd overall pick Kenneth Murray from Oklahoma should be fun to watch develop.
Tranquill is already borderline elite (in Madden) and was a super steal in fantasy drafts last year even against other users.
Old 08-27-2020, 04:36 AM   #54
MVP

If I end up doing a M21 Franchise, I'm pretty much set on Carolina. The team won't be ready to compete right away and defense needs the most work, but the offense should be pretty fun straightaway. If Teddy and PJ Walker end up just being stopgaps at the QB position, at least they're fun ones with good backstories.

It also doesn't hurt that i've always had a soft spot for Carolina's uniforms.
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions
Old 08-27-2020, 08:20 AM   #55
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

It really depends if I get 21 or not, this is the first time in a long time that I am really considering not getting it. If I do it will be a complete rebuild of the Falcons, I love those new uniforms and they have the right mix of tradeable assets and young talent. If I don't it will be a Patriots franchise a team I haven't used in Franchise since before Tom Brady.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2020, 09:30 AM   #56
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I'm leaning towards using Washington this year. My only rules for choosing a franchise team are they 1) must play in a cold-weather city 2) must play in an outdoor stadium.

I like the history of the NFC East and Washington is rebuilding, so it's always fun to build through the draft in Madden.

At some point later in the fall I'll start my usual Jets franchise.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »