Home

Why are user AI pass rushers alway so weak in All Madden in every Madden?

This is a discussion on Why are user AI pass rushers alway so weak in All Madden in every Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2020, 08:18 PM   #1
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Why are user AI pass rushers alway so weak in All Madden in every Madden?

In the ten hour trial, nothing seems to have changed. I edited Bosa and Ford to both be 99, and the opposing QB STILL gets 7 seconds to throw the ball in a four man rush no matter what. Edit pass protection to 1? Nope. Still does not give a fierce pass rush.

I cannot do this. I can't play a fake NFL game where user pass rush is artificially nerfed. I don't care if it's All Madden. All Madden isn't supposed to be TRON mode, it's supposed to bring the NFL in its fullest state. That means great pass rushers shrink pockets extremely quickly, not that QBs behind so-so offensive lines get seven seconds to throw every play. Even when blitzing this is the case.

I cannot endorse this game. Not at all. Not unless Frosty is available at some point and there is a way to fix this kitten pass rush by user AI.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2020, 08:54 PM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Why are user AI pass rushers alway so weak in All Madden in every Madden?

I posted in the impressions thread that I feel helpless on defense on All Madden difficulty so far. I think the lack of help by CPU teammates is definitely part of the issue, not only in pass rush but in the back end of the defense as well.

All Madden has generally always been about "you the user must make all the plays", and my strong impression of M21 so far is that it doubles down on that idea. I think right now on All Madden you're gonna have to play as a DL and use the new pass rush controls successfully to get a consistent pass rush.

Which, honestly I'd personally rather not? In M20 I preferred to play as an off-ball defender, I find playing match coverage in particular more mechanically and tactically interesting. I'm trying to do so in M21 playing on All Madden and I actually haven't recorded a victory over the CPU yet, mostly because I can't get stops unless I'm playing DL, which as I said before I don't want to do.

My immediate suggestion for you would be to try playing as a pass rusher (alternating which specific pass rusher you are to as to make sure you have move tokens available) and see if you have better luck affecting the quarterback. Maybe this isn't how you want to play permanently, but give it a shot and see if it works out any better. Mostly trying to confirm my belief as to what the issue is.

I certainly agree with the idea that one's CPU teammates should provide effective help if ratings / abilities dictate it, and if that's not happening it should be adjusted, especially on the Simulation game style.
Old 08-26-2020, 09:03 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 20

I agree with everything CM Hooe said. I want All-Madden to be challenging and I’m enjoying that it’s tougher to move the ball against the CPU this year on offense. Defensively is a different story, I just feel helpless stopping the pass outside of the person I’m usering.
Old 08-26-2020, 09:18 PM   #4
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

That's how it's been for ever on all madden and to be honest on most Sports game, higher difficulties are not smarter player just CPU boost and User nerf.

Not only on EA this happens in most sports games dev companies. PES for example, from Konami, if you play at highest difficulties and you play with Messi, you will be a lot slower when using it as user than when the CPU use it against you.

Back to madden, this is why most "sim" want players have to play in ALL pro, since the boost/nerf is not that big in that level so CPU AI Team mates have a little brains and can play.

Madden 2005 i believe it was, i remember the DB don't even try to play the ball, for EA All madden is basically user has to do all 11 players actions. If you want to deflect the pass, switch and deflect it yourself. Sad, but that is how it is.
Old 08-26-2020, 11:25 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
I don't care if it's All Madden. All Madden isn't supposed to be TRON mode, it's supposed to bring the NFL in its fullest state.
I have no idea why you think this. When you set your default difficulty to All-Madden the game's menu is going to tell you something along the lines of how this will make the CPU "almost impossible to stop".

That being said Mid Blitz still works just like it has for at least the past 3 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2020, 12:33 AM   #6
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
That being said Mid Blitz still works just like it has for at least the past 3 years.
Can't say I fully agree with this? So far I've found that better CPU QBs will audible to a quick pass if you spam zero blitzes, Mid Blitz included. It's early, admittedly.

I'm certainly well-versed in how effective it can be against the CPU. The play basically was single-handedly the user vs CPU meta in Madden 20, especially if the CPU deployed an empty formation. It's something I am going to be keeping a watchful eye on this year for sure.
Old 08-27-2020, 01:11 AM   #7
Rookie

BoNity's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
I have no idea why you think this. When you set your default difficulty to All-Madden the game's menu is going to tell you something along the lines of how this will make the CPU "almost impossible to stip".
This.

All - Pro is based off of a real term. All -madden is what they want it to be.
Old 08-27-2020, 02:03 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Can't say I fully agree with this? So far I've found that better CPU QBs will audible to a quick pass if you spam zero blitzes, Mid Blitz included. It's early, admittedly.

I'm certainly well-versed in how effective it can be against the CPU. The play basically was single-handedly the user vs CPU meta in Madden 20, especially if the CPU deployed an empty formation. It's something I am going to be keeping a watchful eye on this year for sure.
The pass rush in general was toned down this year, but you can still win All Madden games handily spamming Mid Blitz. You'll give up a few more yards and points since the AI can kill you with slants, but that won't happen often enough to tip the scale so long as you keep up on offense.

Off Man coverage plays pretty decent right now, so you aren't wedded to spamming press this year, either. This is big since the deep ball is live.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »