Home

Madden 21 Franchise Mode - Realistic Expectations for Improvements?

This is a discussion on Madden 21 Franchise Mode - Realistic Expectations for Improvements? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2020, 09:56 PM   #9
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden 21 Franchise Mode - Realistic Expectations for Improvements?

In the vein of small things that could be done, if I am a coach, how can I not assign my own archetypes to my custom scheme? Why am I locked in to what EA assigns schemes?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2020, 10:53 PM   #10
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan1993
In the vein of small things that could be done, if I am a coach, how can I not assign my own archetypes to my custom scheme? Why am I locked in to what EA assigns schemes?

The development team wants to mesh the Madden player archetype system with real-world roster construction — which admittedly is impossible to do until they rework many of the positions. However, opting for custom schemes would be throwing the baby out with the bath water. I would like to see more schemes particularly on defense though.
Old 08-12-2020, 12:27 AM   #11
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan1993

Then it would become pointless. Everyone would just match the scheme to fit all the players they have.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2020, 12:55 AM   #12
Rookie

Mrfrosty's Arena

OVR: 1
Isn't the stats issued based off players not getting enough Defensive plays in? I make sure to get my main sack monsters in as many plays as possible.
Old 08-12-2020, 07:55 AM   #13
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Then it would become pointless. Everyone would just match the scheme to fit all the players they have
Do people not draft and sign players to match their scheme anyway? So in the end you end up with the same thing except I am stuck picking a scheme that EA allows.

Quote:
The development team wants to mesh the Madden player archetype system with real-world roster construction — which admittedly is impossible to do until they rework many of the positions. However, opting for custom schemes would be throwing the baby out with the bath water. I would like to see more schemes particularly on defense though.
I get your point, but isn't part of real-world construction acquiring players that fit what the coach is looking for at each position? Having the option to have custom schemes would be giving the players options to play how they want. If EA isn't going to give us diversity of schemes then we should be able to do it ourselves.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:52 AM   #14
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Funny when reading all of this. Until actual weighted physics are implemented, certain archetypes don’t matter anyways. I usually go towards a 3-4 defense (attacking or base) all the time and utilize the OLB plenty of times outside their normal type. In my eyes “athletes are athletes” IE chase Young. I usually do a good pass rushing OLB and the other I utilize more of a balanced/coverage LB approach. Just me I understand, however Madden team AT OF NOW, poorly represents the roster anyhow. I have been a HUGE advocate for well over 5 years now (since Ian Cummings was on board and did a great job of attempting change and transparency) on the player ratings Madden utilizes and how they run into each other and really conflict with their tendencies. It’s almost as if some cancel each other out or just plain aren’t represented well with single digit separations.
Old 08-12-2020, 01:07 PM   #15
Rookie

Dagan's Arena

I would like create a team to come back. It's going to be weird having a Washington Nothings team. Being able to reset historically bad teams was always refreshing, too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2020, 02:58 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
Then it would become pointless. Everyone would just match the scheme to fit all the players they have.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Everyone could do that if they chose. There are already plenty of ways that players can misuse the game though, if that's what they want to do. I don't think that should mean that the option to use the feature responsibly should be withheld from everyone else, though.

Many of the player archetypes don't really fit the schemes currently, and schemes can have a range of player archetypes depending on the way that the scheme is implemented. This is particularly relevant to wide receivers and quarterbacks. I'd very much like to be able to change the player archetypes for each position in the scheme and don't really see any good reason why that shouldn't be an option.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »