Home

Madden NFL 21 Face of the Franchise: Rise to Fame Gameplay Videos - High School, College, NFL Combine, Draft & More (QJB)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Face of the Franchise: Rise to Fame Gameplay Videos - High School, College, NFL Combine, Draft & More (QJB) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2020, 09:55 AM   #17
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 21 Face of the Franchise: Rise to Fame Gameplay Videos - High School,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Levy
The 'new' game intros are so... weird.

I like using the in game assets on the backgrounds to simulate a SNF style presentation but after that I get pretty confused. It's a mish mash of previous animations of the teams entering the stadium, coaches over reacting (before the game even starts?), the starting line ups dancing on the field as fireworks go off and footage of the two teams playing an actual game (again, before the game even starts?). It's so bombastic and exaggerated, why couldn't they come up with something a little more subtle that also tells us more about the actual teams/players with stat overlays rather than an annoying clip-show that will be skippable after the first three times you see it.

I'm wondering if this is another QJB thing like the screen shakes. Dude is really good at editing and making everything seamless and i think that this is his intro to the game, not EA's. We'll see, but i wouldn't worry too much about it at this point. I don't remember anything like that being in the beta.
Old 08-19-2020, 06:16 PM   #18
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 21 Face of the Franchise: Rise to Fame Gameplay Videos - High School,

Not gonna lie, I had next to zero excitement for M21. Like none. The college gameplay and story, as well as the smoother looking gameplay have me intrigued. M21 looks good and fun. Cant wait to jump on it with EA Access

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-19-2020, 08:00 PM   #19
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

for colleges they added Nebraska Mich st took out USC Texas Tech
Old 08-19-2020, 08:41 PM   #20
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

I've watched 3 different videos and they were all drafted by the Bears! I hope that's a EA Game Changers edition of the game restriction.

Idk.. I've decided to stop watching the videos all together. I just don't know how branching the story lines will be. Once I saw that last year's everyone basically had the same story, I had no desire to play it.

Started a whole thread here and everything hahaha

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-19-2020, 10:47 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Some of the stuff, I'm expecting to be fixed with day one Patch. It is expected there are a lot of bugs and glitches before day one Patch. I seen three different versions and all 3 were drafted by Bears. I'm sure it's a bug that instead of "Sim pick team" it just selects Bears because they are alphabetically the first team. But, I hope there is logic to how it drafts your player and not just random. That's the one issue I had with sports games with single player modes with drafts is that your player getting drafted feels like it is just random. I get the best player approach, but there needs to be logic to it. If I do a Fotf, I might just force team. I already know I want to do a RB and know which teams need a RB.

Spoiler

Looking at these videos, I hope next gen fixes some of the visual flaws. Most of the uniforms colors looked washed/faded. I'm glad they finally added a more in depth facial/body sculptor. But the faces looks so cartoonish compared to the NFL players and actors. I don't know why Madden just doesn't use Gameface. NCAA 14 used Gameface. Still feel that Live 18 had the best one I used.
I will give this mode a try on next gen. But, I just feel that they don't have to keep trying to go down this interactive movie path. As much as they try, it still ends up essentially the same story for every user. They're still trying to chase MyCareer. What makes MyCareer so popular isn't the stories, its the online element of the Park/Pro-am. I still rather them take the PS2 Superstar mode approach.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2020, 11:35 PM   #22
Pro

stormchaserck19's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Some of the stuff, I'm expecting to be fixed with day one Patch. It is expected there are a lot of bugs and glitches before day one Patch. I seen three different versions and all 3 were drafted by Bears. I'm sure it's a bug that instead of "Sim pick team" it just selects Bears because they are alphabetically the first team. But, I hope there is logic to how it drafts your player and not just random. That's the one issue I had with sports games with single player modes with drafts is that your player getting drafted feels like it is just random. I get the best player approach, but there needs to be logic to it. If I do a Fotf, I might just force team. I already know I want to do a RB and know which teams need a RB.

Spoiler

Looking at these videos, I hope next gen fixes some of the visual flaws. Most of the uniforms colors looked washed/faded. I'm glad they finally added a more in depth facial/body sculptor. But the faces looks so cartoonish compared to the NFL players and actors. I don't know why Madden just doesn't use Gameface. NCAA 14 used Gameface. Still feel that Live 18 had the best one I used.
I will give this mode a try on next gen. But, I just feel that they don't have to keep trying to go down this interactive movie path. As much as they try, it still ends up essentially the same story for every user. They're still trying to chase MyCareer. What makes MyCareer so popular isn't the stories, its the online element of the Park/Pro-am. I still rather them take the PS2 Superstar mode approach.
If you change to classic franchise do you lose the storylines?

My Teams

Chicago Bulls
St. Louis Blues
St. Louis Cardinals
Green Bay Packers
Bradley University Basketball
University of Michigan Football
Old 08-19-2020, 11:56 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormchaserck19
If you change to classic franchise do you lose the storylines?
I haven't seen anyone make that choice. But I assume you lose the storylines. I assume that it'll be like how last year Face of Franchise was when you got to the league or how Player CFM was. So it seems like it will be either play condensed seasons with storylines or full scenes with no depth at all. But I do like to do a Player CFM as a Safety though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »