Home

Madden NFL 21 The Yard Gameplay Video - Player Creation, Customization and Gameplay (AntoDaBoss)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 The Yard Gameplay Video - Player Creation, Customization and Gameplay (AntoDaBoss) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2020, 05:55 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 21 The Yard Gameplay Video - Player Creation, Customization and Gamepl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhmoon
Didn't they say the same about helmets in pro bowl? Until it was somehow magically added?
That's correct. Doubt it is a memory limitation. Watch it won't be in next-gen this year also. EA barely touched franchise during the last few years. It's not a priority for them and they will do the minimal required only when there is a Twitter uproar.
Old 08-20-2020, 09:09 PM   #58
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 21 The Yard Gameplay Video - Player Creation, Customization and Gamepl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy watkins
Not trying to dismiss what you guys all seem to want (franchise mode improvements), but not everyone feels that way. Personally, I never play franchise mode in any game. All I do is play online vs other users.

I'm an avid NBA 2K player as well and I've really really wanted a Madden game mode where I can create a player and use that player online... and here it is. I'm actually really happy with The Yard and looking forward to how it can be improved in the future.
So the issue is, not a single other company is allowed to make an NFL game with a multi season franchise, draft, FA, etc.

EA bought the rights to a whole game mode then has willingly made it the worst mode in the game.

Even if you never touch the mode, you should see how scummy that is
Old 08-20-2020, 11:09 PM   #59
Banned

TheFgGoatLikesHawks's Arena

How did EA manage to screw this up. The whole time I thought it was 6v6 all humans. It's 3 humans 3 bots. Learn from 2K duh! How stupid...

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/...eep-dive-08-13

Bet you 2K makes a better Yard and does it the right way.

Last edited by TheFgGoatLikesHawks; 08-20-2020 at 11:14 PM.
Old 08-21-2020, 03:56 AM   #60
Rookie

justcallmedaddy's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFgGoatLikesHawks
How did EA manage to screw this up. The whole time I thought it was 6v6 all humans. It's 3 humans 3 bots. Learn from 2K duh! How stupid...

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/...eep-dive-08-13

Bet you 2K makes a better Yard and does it the right way.
It’s not really bots, you take control after you throw to one of them. Same way as franchise.

3 v 3 is really the most necessary, with a smaller field it’s just not feasible to have 6 user defenders lurking sideline to sideline. I think 2v2 has really been the perfect balance for this game mode.
NCAA FB:Notre Dame
NCAA BB:Notre Dame
Old 08-24-2020, 09:25 AM   #61
Banned

TheFgGoatLikesHawks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcallmedaddy
It’s not really bots, you take control after you throw to one of them. Same way as franchise.

3 v 3 is really the most necessary, with a smaller field it’s just not feasible to have 6 user defenders lurking sideline to sideline. I think 2v2 has really been the perfect balance for this game mode.
The reason 2k's multiplayer is fun is because it's completely organic and no bots. Ik football is a different game, but woulda been nice to at least have this option. I think it'd be fun to try to line up to sack the QB or block a defensive lineman. EA is scared to push the envelope. Imagine an 11v11 game, that'd be ridiculous but fun and it can work with enough organized teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2020, 10:54 AM   #62
Banned

Does anybody else find the running, tackling, general smoothness of the game in the yard much better than in normal play now or franchise? Idk what it is, but the animations the speed, the tackling all look and feel so crisp in the yard. Really impressed by it actually, but imo the base game doesn't have the same feel. Not that the base game is bad, just feel different. Am I crazy?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »