Home

Madden NFL 21 Trial Available Now on EA Play (EA Access/Origin) - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Trial Available Now on EA Play (EA Access/Origin) - Post Your Impressions Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2020, 04:50 PM   #73
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 21 Trial Available Now on EA Play (EA Access/Origin) - Post Your Impre

Created coaches in CFM have the same options as they have for years.... my player from the Yard looks dope, but this coach looks like he was created on a PS2.
Old 08-20-2020, 04:52 PM   #74
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 21 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Gonna focus on playing but first observation is that you cannot in an objective way say the defense feels like Madden 20. From the first snap you can feel the weight of players. They feel heavy. And it feels amazing. No more rollerskate LB's.
I've played 2 games and I will say there does seem to be a weight to the players. It feels a little better. Like some have said it's like Madden 20.5. Like a major patch to gameplay mechanics with very little done to CFM. I'm on PC and I've been playing modded Madden 20 which is massive improvement over stock Madden 20. But some of these gameplay mechanics are not "moddable" currently so the feel of 21 is definitely different and feels better in many instances.

Does anyone else think it looks like it's got a darker look to it? Generally games don't seem as bright to me.
Old 08-20-2020, 04:52 PM   #75
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Lots to like about the game...so far. I've played one game on PRO default (usually play on AP or modified AM)

Titans(me) at Bucs

71 plays
Score tied at 13 after regulation
Brady 17-24-202 1 TD
Tannehill 7-19-118

The Bucs had a PI on my first drive that led to a TD. I had a LB commit and Illegal Contact penalty and I also tried to draw them offsides and I ended up with a false start. Also had a CPU roughing the K penalty but this happened twice so it may be an issue. As of now, no problems with penalties

The player movement in this game is as good as it's been since M25. I actually feel like I can control my player for the first time in a long while. The way the DBs break on the ball is really good. Lots of pass break ups via the swat but more because of hitting.

The tackling animations have finally been smoothed out. Still a few that need to be cleaned up, but nothing like we've seen in recent years.

BAD-Bucs driving under a minute to go in the first half misused their time outs and didn't kick a FG...how many years has the clock management been a CPU issue?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2020, 04:57 PM   #76
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Lots to like about the game...so far. I've played one game on PRO default (usually play on AP or modified AM)

Titans(me) at Bucs

71 plays
Brady 17-24-202 1 TD
Tannehill 7-19-118

The Bucs had a PI on my first drive that led to a TD. I had a LB commit and Illegal Contact penalty and I also tried to draw them offsides and I ended up with a false start. Also had a CPU roughing the K penalty but this happened twice so it may be an issue. As of now, no problems with penalties

The player movement in this game is as good as it's been since M25. I actually feel like I can control my player for the first time in a long while. The way the DBs break on the ball is really good. Lots of pass break ups via the swat but more because of hitting.

The tackling animations have finally been smoothed out. Still a few that need to be cleaned up, but nothing like we've seen in recent years.

BAD-Bucs driving under a minute to go in the first half misused their time outs and didn't kick a FG...how many years has the clock management been a CPU issue?

One of these years they'll tout a feature like adaptive AI with better awareness for stuff like this! Oh wait..... It's a good thing they ignored all the beta feedback about this issue too. Super clutch.
Old 08-20-2020, 05:05 PM   #77
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02

Titans(me) at Bucs

71 plays
Brady 17-24-202 1 TD
Tannehill 7-19-118

Are you on simulation setting? In 4 games I've had a total of 2 penalties on simulation.
Old 08-20-2020, 05:07 PM   #78
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Are you on simulation setting? In 4 games I've had a total of 2 penalties on simulation.
Yes..Pro/Default/Simulation. The only adjustment I made was to the Zones in Coaching Adjustments. I moved all of them to 5
Old 08-20-2020, 05:17 PM   #79
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 21 Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Man, I can't wait to get my hands on the retail game next week.

This game play went so far downhill from the beta I played based on these impressions I'm reading.
I wouldn't say that at all. The fact is if you loved 20, which you did, you will probably love 21 cause it is a better version of 20.

There is no doubt QB play is better, sacks are balanced, many other things. For people that loved 20 all the little changes are a beautiful thing and I have no doubt you will love this game.

I think I can easily see why some people are going to think this is the best madden ever but also why others think it's the same ol thing. If you didnt like 20 you probably wont be won over with 21.

I feel very meh about it so far but I cant say it doesn't play a pretty good version of football. It just truly feels like I've played it before.

The one thing I can say for sure though is there are a ton of bugs.
Old 08-20-2020, 05:40 PM   #80
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 21 Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I wouldn't say that at all. The fact is if you loved 20, which you did, you will probably love 21 cause it is a better version of 20.

There is no doubt QB play is better, sacks are balanced, many other things. For people that loved 20 all the little changes are a beautiful thing and I have no doubt you will love this game.

I think I can easily see why some people are going to think this is the best madden ever but also why others think it's the same ol thing. If you didnt like 20 you probably wont be won over with 21.

I feel very meh about it so far but I cant say it doesn't play a pretty good version of football. It just truly feels like I've played it before.

The one thing I can say for sure though is there are a ton of bugs.
I understand, but I align myself, without playing the trial, with this post below my comments because that is what I felt about the beta.

I can't stand the lack of penalties and the clock management of the AI, though.

Titans(me) at Bucs

71 plays
Brady 17-24-202 1 TD
Tannehill 7-19-118

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »