Home

Madden NFL 21 Trial Available Now on EA Play (EA Access/Origin) - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Trial Available Now on EA Play (EA Access/Origin) - Post Your Impressions Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2020, 05:46 PM   #81
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 21 Trial Available Now on EA Play (EA Access/Origin) - Post Your Impre

A few franchise thoughts -
  • As I mentioned earlier, coach "customization" (if you can even call it that) is unchanged. Coaches look horrible. Especially compared to guys from the yard.
  • Team position coaches that are shown in drills look like they were created 5 years ago. Ugly graphics, bad animations.
  • Team cuts are unrealistic - EX: Trey Quinn didn't make the Washington roster, multiple high 60's/low 70's 22-24 yr olds were cut
  • Menus very snappy in most places, but also very sluggish when editing a player or viewing the "upgrade players" screen
  • Saw a nice WR mentorship scenario that i didn't see in Madden 20 (not saying it wasn't there, but i never saw it)
  • Some weird trade offers... I put Wentz on the block and the Rams offered me a 2, a 5 and a 7 even though they have Goff
  • The whole coach schemes thing is weird. If I want a Mobile QB for some reason I'm not allowed to also want Deep Threat WRs. I don't get that kind of stuff. It's not new to this game, but it's dumb.
  • While the Sam Spence music is gone, the new instrumental stuff is a nice change of pace.
  • There should be in-game calibration for HDR. I don't get why Madden doesn't do this. Even Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 DEMO has this. Why Madden doesn't is beyond me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2020, 05:55 PM   #82
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 21 Trial Available Now on EA Play (EA Access/Origin) - Post Your Impre

Madden 21 a good game and I'll end getting it, but I can't believe EA chose to put a dress up Barbie simulator in the game before addressing Franchise mode.🤡
Old 08-20-2020, 05:56 PM   #83
Pro

TreJayMMA's Arena

[*]There should be in-game calibration for HDR. I don't get why Madden doesn't do this. Even Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 DEMO has this. Why Madden doesn't is beyond me.[/list][/quote]

HDR?

PSN: TreJay2000
Old 08-20-2020, 06:03 PM   #84
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreJayMMA
[*]There should be in-game calibration for HDR. I don't get why Madden doesn't do this. Even Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 DEMO has this. Why Madden doesn't is beyond me.[/list]
HDR?[/quote]

High Dynamic Range. Has a huge effect on visuals. Madden seems to never auto calibrate it correctly and we also never get the option to calibrate it in-game.
Old 08-20-2020, 06:33 PM   #85
MVP

OVR: 12

Played a bit with the Ravens vs the Chiefs while the full game downloaded and it played really well. All-Pro, Sim, Default.

CPU Mahomes moved in the pocket, threw deep. Looked for Hill and Kelce. Wasn't robo. Missed some throws.

Run game seemed balanced and not OP.

Scrambling QBs do get tired really quick.

There were penalties. In only about 12 minutes of total play had two holding calls on me and the cpu had a roughing the passer and Mahomes passed beyond the line of scrimmage.

Calais Campbell was getting pressure on Mahomes. Sacked him once. Defense got decent pressure even with players I wasn't usering on the d-line.

What's odd is the game played differently (granted super small sample size) after the full game was downloaded.

Played as 49ers at Eagles and Wentz was totally dink and dunk and completed 90%.

No pass rush without usering. Bosa got no pressure.

Game glitched when attempting an extra point. Missed super wide right.

When pressured Jimmy G threw way wide of the receiver directly to a DB for a pick six. Heard this might be an issue. Hopefully there will be more results other than over throw picks when pressured.

Zero penalties playing a half with 11 minute qtrs, accelerated clock at 20.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2020, 06:36 PM   #86
Rookie

Chubzdoomer's Arena

I know now why they've been so terrified to show gameplay footage prior to release: this is the closest thing to a "roster update" I have seen in quite some time.

If someone handed me the controller and told me I was playing Madden 20, aside from the new scoreboard and UI I'd have no idea it was a brand new game.
Old 08-20-2020, 06:42 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 2

sorry folks to be the debbie downer of this group but just trying to provide a real sense of reality. The game is mediocre at best. Gameplay vs last years version is very marginal. I was hoping to see much more improvements in the gameplay department and I was left feeling a little bit underwhelmed in this regard. Animations, player seperation, tackling integration, camera views all felt a little too similar to last years game.

I understand that this is football and there is only so much you can improve from season to season, but when you compare a game like Madden to a game like 2K NBA, you see a huge difference in the teams ability to make improvements from year to year. And I just feel like i need to call out the differences between the EA team vs the 2K Sports team, as i feel there needs to be much more improvements from season to season upgrades as we, the consumers, spend about $59 per year on each new version of a sports game and expect to see significant progress in game improvements.

In the NBA series, I see it.....In Madden, I am just not seeing as much progress from season to season. Im sorry to say, but this does not look like enough was done to gameplay to improve this game. I truly feel this game needs a complete overhaul or 2K Sports needs to be handed over the NFL license to take over, because I expected alot more from EA Sports to deliver a true NFL Simulation of the sport

I hope I didnt offend anyone with my honest input
Old 08-20-2020, 06:45 PM   #88
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Has anyone noticed the touted adaptive AI. Ran the same play over and over again and didn't see much, if any adjustment at all
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »