Home

EA Keeps Fumbling Madden's Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on EA Keeps Fumbling Madden's Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2020, 08:25 AM   #73
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: EA Keeps Fumbling Madden's Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhughthom
To fumble the ball you need to be actually trying something, whether it's running it or trying to get free to throw it. EA aren't actually attempting to do anything with franchise mode, so accusing them of fumbling is untrue.

This. It was said above, and I think it is a good description, hard to fumble while punting. I am not saying this dig at anyone, if you like 21 that is great, but things will never change when you can do little to nothing and get people to pay full price every year.
Old 08-23-2020, 01:45 PM   #74
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by binga30
Of course it can be done, but when you make 10x the profit from microtransactions why divert any resources away from that. There is no recurring revenue from Franchise mode. Gotta admit as a business decision it is wise. From our perspective it totally sucks.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I haven't played MUT before, but I'll ask if someone can answer as objectively as possible: how well does EA execute on this mode? Like are there bugs, loopholes, are wishes being fulfilled, is there enough improvement from year to year to justify the next year's purchase, etc.?

Obviously they change on-field things as well in the gameplay and such and there are resources devoted to that, but I'm looking more at core mode stuff to see if they're even doing well on the things they are devoting resources to.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 08-23-2020, 02:02 PM   #75
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I haven't played MUT before, but I'll ask if someone can answer as objectively as possible: how well does EA execute on this mode? Like are there bugs, loopholes, are wishes being fulfilled, is there enough improvement from year to year to justify the next year's purchase, etc.?

Obviously they change on-field things as well in the gameplay and such and there are resources devoted to that, but I'm looking more at core mode stuff to see if they're even doing well on the things they are devoting resources to.
EA is making smaller QOL improvements to MUT each year now. Nothing major year to year. One thing that players have been asking for though that's been ignored is a practice mode. Of course it gets updated pretty frequently with new promos and cards. You can have fun without spending money. I find team building more rewardimg in MUT. Earning coins for card packs, completing sets. You can play games solo or against live opponents which is not fun most of the time. Matchmaking is all over the place. You can be an 80 ovr team going up against a team of 99s.

It's not a bad mode. It's just monetized to death. But EA doesn't really add anything major year to year.

#fixmaddenfranchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2020, 02:38 PM   #76
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
I'm not sure how other people feel, but I wouldn't buy a 2K football game without licenses. It's just not the same.

Even if the gameplay was better and the franchise mode was deeper, it still just wouldn't appeal to me as much with fictional teams and players.
I respect your way of looking at it. I feel differently since i go at least 10 yrs into each franchise i start. If gameplay and franchise were wayy better id buy day 1, hell preorder it. Madden does not execute on things i care about as a football fan so players names etc dont even matter to me.

For ex. Really really....Does Mahomes play like himself, does LJera. Coaches' schemes arent diverse enough, playcalling is lackluster, non user input actions and AI ineptness is disgraceful at this point in gaming, its just alot. From simming games, to playing games, to the entire catastrophe that is team building/management/etc.

Those that enjoy the mode, as another said, i salute u. im done with the lies and will take the trash i have in 19 an live with it until major changes happen. As a football fan, i just cant look another so called fan in the eye that sees franchise mode as a true representation of current football. Now if we're talking all games have flaws an ill just accept this one just because, so be it. Just dont defend it like its gaming's next top model.

Rights or no rights. give me 2k level esque Franchise mode options with great gameplay and i dont care if its the Duval Rags with The Gardner at QB; if it plays like football and the AI and animations arent a disgrace.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON

Last edited by GoJags904; 08-23-2020 at 02:42 PM.
Old 08-23-2020, 03:42 PM   #77
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer

It's definitely the most polished mode in the game.

Depending on the year, it can be grindy if you are not spending money. I buy the expensive version and try to limit to only using those packs for my team. I get weak at times, usually after making a boneheaded auction mistake.

But for the most part, if you want to chill and complete challenges, it's fun. If you are only playing challenge to collect gold and packs to improve your team, it will get frustrating.

Since they have added Solo Battles, which are a set of MUT teams for your to play each week, it has really made this a much better experience for those not spending money. You get rewards for how well do against those team.

For me, especially with KO Superstar last year, that was enough. The MUT guys are too good anymore, and I just don't win. But the Solo Battles are set based on your team's OVR, and you set the difficulty, with more difficult getting you more rewards. I think it's only 5 games, but with challenges, auctions, collecting sets, and tweaking your roster, it fills a week up fine for me.

Competitively, think of it as SMB3. There are ways to beat every play on offense and defense. Is it a Sunday-like experience? No. And their matchmaking is nowhere near as good as what Metalhead Software has accomplished with Pennant Race.

It's kind of cool that in NBA Live and the NHL series that these player modes have been free and reduced the amount of time I play MUT, which makes it an even better experience. I'll just focus on Solo Battles. I quit playing HUT altogether, and played very little LUT.

The Yard does have microtransactions, but it seems like it is for cosmetic stuff. I have not really delved into the customizing my player stuff too much yet.
Old 08-23-2020, 04:18 PM   #78
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsaba
They spent the whole year getting us the Oakley visor and like 5 new face options. Meanwhile, the Yard got our equipment and player customizing wishlist... Not optimistic about the patches. Clear they want to get by with minimal effort to franchise.
Personally I really don’t care about equipment. I can’t get hot and bothered over that. But yeah... knowing that gamers have been whining about mouth pieces and for years just to include them only in a game mode that NO ONE ASKED FOR is a major slap in the face.
Old 09-11-2020, 05:34 PM   #79
Rookie

binga30's Arena

Make sure to vote at Madden voice. All franchise requests are on page 2 atm, so likely not getting much attention.

https://madden-nfl.uservoice.com/for...21/filters/top

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »