Home

EA Keeps Fumbling Madden's Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on EA Keeps Fumbling Madden's Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2020, 10:07 AM   #25
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Keeps Fumbling Madden's Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
You must be new to FIFA. It hadn't been touched in years before 21. Career Mode in FIFA 20 was an unplayable jumble of bugs for the first few months after release last year. FIFA is moving forward now, but it's the first time they have in a very, very long time. The mode was basically untouched since i got back into it 6 years ago.

I’m brand new to fifa and it was a pleasant surprise being able to play like that. Fifa is straight up just spoiling me because the career mode is getting even better for fifa 21 lol. Madden on the other hand they literally touch nothing. Absolutely nothing. I’m hoping the gameplay is better atleast.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2020, 10:57 AM   #26
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Social media push and cute hashtags alone wont change a thing. They are a business. As long as launch numbers look good, they sale about as many copies as they expect...... nothing is going to change in franchise mode or their lack of attention they have given it the past decade. Sure they may add something minor but nothing big will ever be done with the mode until their pockets are hurt. They are a business and thats the ONLY thing the suits understand and care about. As long as that continues on pace with their expectations , nothing changes.

Star Wars fans gave us the blueprint if we really , truely want change. Sadly though most are not willing to follow thru on what it takes because they are just so addicted to having that new nfl game...... so the cycle will just continue.
Depends on whether actual NFL players begin to engage and a few have but more would need to jump on board. The video from Graddy came within 72 hours of the hashtag trending. That's unprecedented in terms of the franchise community achieving a result. The crucial part is to push ahead with different ideas such as boycotting and not buying the game, all of those things are important.

I look at this way. Most users on here who have complained about franchise mode for years have done so with an acceptance that they were in the minority and that the developers were pushed via social media to focus on things like MUT. That's changed. That can only be a good thing.

Last edited by RogerDodger; 08-21-2020 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-21-2020, 11:04 AM   #27
Rookie

The Gunslinger's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
I played fifa for the first time this year ever and I don’t understand how madden and FIFA are the same company. Even something as simple as being able to sit down and negotiate a contract I thought was absolutely amazing. I wonder why madden can’t do that. I’m tired of sticking up for madden. I have for years I feel like.

This. I bought FIFA 20 just recently after having not played the series since 2013. It is shocking that EA can do such a great job with the presentation and manager career mode in FIFA, but not do the same for Madden.

I get that FIFA is made by a different EA division, but this just goes to show how dysfunctional EA has become, that they can't even share good ideas across their subsidiaries.
Old 08-21-2020, 11:21 AM   #28
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy1010
I'm as aggravated as anyone, but if they remove Franchise, I have ZERO reason to buy Madden. Thanks to guys like Matt10, and everyone on here, after a month or so, we can usually make the game playable, at least for me.

It is literally the only mode I play.
Fans only put up with this because its the N.F.L. This is the ONLY place to get their fix.

If a version of Red Dead or GTA rolled out where shooting didn't work, what would happen? Heck, just the other day I heard a guy here talking about quitting Alan Wake for that very reason.

.. play older versions with updated rosters. They're better executed, as we all know.
Old 08-21-2020, 11:24 AM   #29
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culture Rot
This was the idea all along, and now we may be reaching that point where they have fans calling to REMOVE it, rather than begging them to improve it.
They should get to it then.

Surely they could better invest these resources, rather than having someone watch the life support monitor.
Old 08-21-2020, 11:29 AM   #30
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

People don’t like something so they say ‘get rid of it’, blatantly disregarding anyone else that actually DOES like it.

That is one of the most self-centered and selfish takes I’ve ever read here.

Truly disappointing....

Old 08-21-2020, 12:06 PM   #31
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
People don’t like something so they say ‘get rid of it’, blatantly disregarding anyone else that actually DOES like it.

That is one of the most self-centered and selfish takes I’ve ever read here.

Truly disappointing....
Sorry my burnout is showing.

I'd say this is a little more than 'something'

This WAS, THE, SINGLE, greatest thing in gaming. Now, they couldn't care less about it. It should end if they're not going to give it the effort it deserves to be a viable mode.

Its like an ex-wife or girlfriend. Quit calling me. I'll go on with life as if you never existed.

Unlike an ex, you can still have fun with an older version. There are plenty of ways to run the PS2 versions.. PC.. PS3/360.. all are infinitely better than current iterations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2020, 12:12 PM   #32
Rookie

burter's Arena

OVR: 6

https://youtu.be/Cv-APjQZSjQ

6:50 in tells you all you need to know about franchise mode. A patch isn't going to change anything. Just do like me and others are doing. Stop buying this game till they decide if they want to actually care for this mode and gameplay also. 2k might be an arcade game when it comes out, but I bet the gameplay will be superior to this so called sim.

Quotes lines from Mr. Schwarzenegger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0...eature=related

How to not get your a** kicked by the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=uj0mtxXEGE8#!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »