Home

EA Keeps Fumbling Madden's Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on EA Keeps Fumbling Madden's Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2020, 10:20 PM   #41
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: EA Keeps Fumbling Madden's Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIPercent
don't know where you've been but we've been complaining about franchise mode for a loooooong time - most of our best members are no longer here due to the criticisms
I used to be very active here, back in the day. I made blogs, I made posts, I responded and discussed. And what I learned over the years is that EA Tiburon will always do just enough to make the player base feel like the best is just around the corner while also driving us nuts.

So I stopped being so active because honestly it was just frustrating. I remember reading insight from guys like Adembroski, Roadman, and Co and just never saw real traction on EA's part. One can only say so much before he just shrugs and gives up.

Last edited by Broncos86; 08-21-2020 at 10:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2020, 10:23 PM   #42
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschie
Franchise mode sure is fun in Madden 2000. This is the first year since 1998 I'm not buying Madden.

And I'm trying to make the playoffs, so wish me luck!

Attachment 182220
6-5 with the 99 bears is really good their best player was jim flangman i think
Old 08-21-2020, 11:07 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Anybody else think it’s ridiculous that they can’t even do the smallest things, like idk tell me the weather before a franchise game?
Old 08-22-2020, 06:06 AM   #44
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
Do the right thing;

Put this dying mode out of its misery.

Its cruel and inhumane to keep it alive at this point.

Its not pacifying anyone at this point, just further embittering a significant portion of the fanbase.
Symbolically, I agree. But in reality they can't. There's just enough of us old franchise heads still around where that would all but doom the game sales wise and prevent it from triggering that 5th year option of license exclusivity.

Their prompt response to #FixMaddenFranchise was proof of that.
Old 08-22-2020, 09:05 AM   #45
MVP

OVR: 12

I'll go on and save many of you worrying about franchise being a main focus moving forward or not.

Franchise is and will continue to be the least supported and focused on mode until they figure a way to monetize it.

The focus righr now is on delivering Madden as a free 2 play model and getting it into the hands of millions of more people and finding ways to micro transaction the hell out of it. So for all the people saying they will no longer buy and support Madden, that won't do a thing because in the next few years it will be free in the first place.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2020, 09:50 AM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
I'll go on and save many of you worrying about franchise being a main focus moving forward or not.

Franchise is and will continue to be the least supported and focused on mode until they figure a way to monetize it.

The focus righr now is on delivering Madden as a free 2 play model and getting it into the hands of millions of more people and finding ways to micro transaction the hell out of it. So for all the people saying they will no longer buy and support Madden, that won't do a thing because in the next few years it will be free in the first place.
You're ignoring the fact they need a licence from the NFL to produce the game. I highly doubt the current licence would allow for that, or that the NFL would agree to such a model in the near future.
Old 08-22-2020, 09:50 AM   #47
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27

I could see that happening but they'd certainly lose exclusivity in terms of the 'sim' license if that happens, no reason for the NFL to persist with it especially if 2k are re-established by then.
Old 08-22-2020, 12:24 PM   #48
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

Something I find hilarious. Last year, EA told us franchise would be a huge focus next year. Then, #FixMaddenFranchise happened. EA clarified, FOTF was the franchise focus. Now, FOTF is getting torn to shreds almost universally.

It’s hysterical that the huge focus is a cheesy storyline where the users input has 0 impact on results. Clearly EA tried to save face with the FOTF focus comment. Madden team deceived and misled their use mr base for over a decade. Now they just lie. Oh and all those scenario improvements they planned to drop over the last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »