Home

EA Keeps Fumbling Madden's Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on EA Keeps Fumbling Madden's Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2020, 12:54 AM   #65
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: EA Keeps Fumbling Madden's Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
I don’t see a EA ever doing franchise the way you want. I can see them rebuilding it from the ground up, but streamlining it so that it mostly just pitch up and play.
To be honest, it's not about what I, you or anybody else personally "wants" Madden's franchise mode to be. It's simply that a clear and definable standard has been set by Madden's contemporaries (NBA2k and The Show) from which most of us have drawn a very reasonable expectation of where Madden's franchise mode should be by now.

And I agree with you as I don't see EA Tiburon suddenly making franchise mode a supreme top priority and basically doing a DeuceDouglass level overhaul. But I think, for now at least, most would probably be satisfied if they stuck to the promised steps they recently laid out to address the mode in the near future (M21 post launch - M22) and implemented them effectively.

Last edited by Kanobi; 08-23-2020 at 03:36 AM. Reason: spelling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2020, 01:26 AM   #66
Rookie

teampunjabi's Arena

OVR: 7

Realistically what are the best steps forward to try and get results. A result that gives us a game and mode that is geared towards football realism. What do we need to do?

A. Do we try and appeal to madden to try and fix the franchise mode when they really have no monetary reason to?

B. Competition. Competition breeds better products. We need 2k or some other group to create a game that can carve out a game that will appease us (can’t be nfl licensed but can be fully customizable?).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2020, 02:10 AM   #67
Rookie

Crazy Packers Fan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by teampunjabi
Realistically what are the best steps forward to try and get results. A result that gives us a game and mode that is geared towards football realism. What do we need to do?

A. Do we try and appeal to madden to try and fix the franchise mode when they really have no monetary reason to?

B. Competition. Competition breeds better products. We need 2k or some other group to create a game that can carve out a game that will appease us (can’t be nfl licensed but can be fully customizable?).

As much as I'd like to see "B," the NFL's contract makes that impossible for 5 years. EA isn't going to feel threatened by a non-licensed game, no matter how good it is.

This is coming from someone who's defended EA over the years, but no more. I'm sick of buying Maddens and then quitting my franchise by Week 4. This year will be my first without Madden in a while, and I feel so free.
Old 08-23-2020, 04:00 AM   #68
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Also, the NFL only needs one incentive to let EA keep the sim license exclusive.

But if Madden is no longer investing in sim, can continue to make a ton in micro transactions in non-sim modes then the purpose of having it, which was to block 2k, is meaningless. Why would they continue to pay obscene amounts for a sim license. Whichever way you look at it, re-engaging with 2k will change something in the near future. Exactly what, remains to be seen.

And apparently all is not well from the shareholder perspective. https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/...or-executives/

Last edited by RogerDodger; 08-23-2020 at 04:18 AM.
Old 08-23-2020, 07:40 AM   #69
Rookie

Deflo_'s Arena

OVR: 5

I refuse to believe EA cannot do both. the NBA 2k series has both the best "franchise" mode while simultaneously driving the most profit through microtransactions for MyTeam & MyPlayer. It can be done.
Old 08-23-2020, 08:03 AM   #70
Rookie

binga30's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewdavi
I refuse to believe EA cannot do both. the NBA 2k series has both the best "franchise" mode while simultaneously driving the most profit through microtransactions for MyTeam & MyPlayer. It can be done.
Of course it can be done, but when you make 10x the profit from microtransactions why divert any resources away from that. There is no recurring revenue from Franchise mode. Gotta admit as a business decision it is wise. From our perspective it totally sucks.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2020, 08:16 AM   #71
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by teampunjabi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not sure how other people feel, but I wouldn't buy a 2K football game without licenses. It's just not the same.

Even if the gameplay was better and the franchise mode was deeper, it still just wouldn't appeal to me as much with fictional teams and players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2020, 08:17 AM   #72
Rookie

To fumble the ball you need to be actually trying something, whether it's running it or trying to get free to throw it. EA aren't actually attempting to do anything with franchise mode, so accusing them of fumbling is untrue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »