Home

Zone drop coverage assignment

This is a discussion on Zone drop coverage assignment within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2020, 12:47 PM   #33
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Zone drop coverage assignment

I remember last year (I think it was madden 20 but I’d have to check my pst posts) the pass coverage was super tight and did a really good job separating the receiver coming inside from the ball. The coverage was praised in all of the sim forums and was a welcome change. On the competitive and MUT forums they didn’t like it and felt it allowed people who didn’t have “user” skills to rely on the CPU to be competitive.

Low and behold release day and the coverage was nerfed down to be lighter than a rice cake for dinner. We are not the crowd madden is trying to please. The code is not the problem the desire to please one segment of the audience is. The early access on Madden 20 is proof of this. Felt like a different game from access to the day 1 patch
Old 08-25-2020, 01:59 PM   #34
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I remember last year (I think it was madden 20 but I’d have to check my pst posts) the pass coverage was super tight and did a really good job separating the receiver coming inside from the ball. The coverage was praised in all of the sim forums and was a welcome change. On the competitive and MUT forums they didn’t like it and felt it allowed people who didn’t have “user” skills to rely on the CPU to be competitive.

Low and behold release day and the coverage was nerfed down to be lighter than a rice cake for dinner. We are not the crowd madden is trying to please. The code is not the problem the desire to please one segment of the audience is. The early access on Madden 20 is proof of this. Felt like a different game from access to the day 1 patch
Different is this year user defense was tuned way down, in order for that work, cpu defenders are gonna have to be tuned to react better.
Old 08-25-2020, 02:48 PM   #35
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Coverage is loose because there are abilities that can be added to DBs to increase their skill at covering areas of zones and types of Man coverage.

I can understand Franchise players may not be happy about the loosening of coverage to justify certain abilities, but I see it as allowing the user more options on how he/she wants to design their defense.

I feel there is more flexibility in shaping the player on the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2020, 06:12 PM   #36
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Coverage is loose because there are abilities that can be added to DBs to increase their skill at covering areas of zones and types of Man coverage.

I can understand Franchise players may not be happy about the loosening of coverage to justify certain abilities, but I see it as allowing the user more options on how he/she wants to design their defense.

I feel there is more flexibility in shaping the player on the field.
Except the very same issues have been in he game since before abilities where. I do agree that coverage abilities are a bandaid for bad coverage AI, but I can’t stand watching defenders still back pedaling or sitting flat footed while the qb has already thrown the ball completed a pass. Not to mention defenders who pay zero attention to threats in their zones.
Old 08-25-2020, 06:26 PM   #37
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Except the very same issues have been in he game since before abilities where. I do agree that coverage abilities are a bandaid for bad coverage AI, but I can’t stand watching defenders still back pedaling or sitting flat footed while the qb has already thrown the ball completed a pass. Not to mention defenders who pay zero attention to threats in their zones.
This literally is one of the top 3 things that make me ignore anyone saying gameplay is ok or giving it a pass. There is no way anyone can think, no matter how many pc mods or whateva are created, that this should be acceptable this long. its like a bball player letting his man run free no matter what his assignment even after he pulls up to shoot at times. I digress

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »