Home

Skipping out on Madden 21

This is a discussion on Skipping out on Madden 21 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2020, 06:44 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Skipping out on Madden 21

It hurts but I知 passing on Madden 21. I知 strictly a franchise player and I知 tired of being ignored. This is the only way I feel that I can make a statement. It might not make a difference but I need to take a stand even if nothing changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2020, 06:54 PM   #66
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

I decided to skip out after I learned that create a player doesn't have mouth guards but suddenly the yard has that capability. Might sound dumb, but it's the principle at this point.
Old 08-23-2020, 06:55 PM   #67
Pro

El_Tercero's Arena

After playing the beta and about 3 hours on the trial, I myself am skipping Madden 21 this year. The only reason I would by it this year is if I was in an Online CFM, but I wont be this year just so I can have more time to focus on other things. Also since 2K is now being released literally 1 week after Madden, that's definitely a factor as well.
Old 08-23-2020, 07:13 PM   #68
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
It's amazing how so many people can see/play the same thing and their opinions be so different...with borderline extremes on both sides of the fence.
I find it quite fascinating myself. No doubt there are a multitude of factors involved ...age, personal gaming experiences and preferences, etc.

However, the key reason I feel is behind why Madden opinions are so polarized is that there is no direct, current-gen competitor against which to measure and compare Madden as an NFL-licensed "simulation" football game.

This is especially the case in terms of M20-21's on-the-field gameplay where opinions literally range from "Trash" to "Amazing".

The only reason CFM is widely considered lackluster and underwhelming is because there exists other contemporary AAA licensed sports titles with franchise modes against which CFM can be compared.

Not the case in terms of current-gen on the field, NFL-licensed "simulation" gameplay.

Some of us in the +40 crowd might draw comparisons to APF 2k8 or NFL 2k5. However, the reality is there are 20-something year olds who never played those titles and/or weren't old enough to truly appreciate the era of competition amongst multiple NFL-licensed games. Fittingly, they are the target demopgraphic driving EA Tiburon's design choices and development focus.

So again it's all quite fascinating to me to watch unfold.
Old 08-23-2020, 07:58 PM   #69
MVP

tyler28's Arena

Ill buy it but ill wait for a few patches and a sale. I welcome any new additions to franchise. Its hard for me as im getting older to buy any game on day one at $60.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2020, 08:10 PM   #70
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
I find it quite fascinating myself. No doubt there are a multitude of factors involved ...age, personal gaming experiences and preferences, etc.

However, the key reason I feel is behind why Madden opinions are so polarized is that there is no direct, current-gen competitor against which to measure and compare Madden as an NFL-licensed "simulation" football game.

This is especially the case in terms of M20-21's on-the-field gameplay where opinions literally range from "Trash" to "Amazing".

The only reason CFM is widely considered lackluster and underwhelming is because there exists other contemporary AAA licensed sports titles with franchise modes against which CFM can be compared.

Not the case in terms of current-gen on the field, NFL-licensed "simulation" gameplay.

Some of us in the +40 crowd might draw comparisons to APF 2k8 or NFL 2k5. However, the reality is there are 20-something year olds who never played those titles and/or weren't old enough to truly appreciate the era of competition amongst multiple NFL-licensed games. Fittingly, they are the target demopgraphic driving EA Tiburon's design choices and development focus.

So again it's all quite fascinating to me to watch unfold.
Yeah I think it's all about what people are looking for like you said. To me, no football game has ever gotten close to the feeling i had playing 2k5. That game was just lightyears beyond anything else. I remember the day I bought it. I remember my first franchise. I remember my crib and what jerseys I had on the walls. All of it.

And even though I don't get that same experience from Madden, I can still have a ton of fun with Madden because I don't compare the games to each other. I know Madden isn't going to be 2k5 so the measure of Madden being enjoyable for me is the realism/fun factor of gameplay combined with the depth, replayability, and functionality of franchise. I don't compare it to 2k5 every year. I just accept it for what it is and because of that I'm able to enjoy it.

Everyone is looking for something different. I love the NFL. I listen to hours of NFL podcasts each day year round. So having a game that is realistic and gives me the ability to be the GM/Coach/Players and do everything from drafting to developing players to winning super bowls is what I want. I want the game to be better, and it's frustrating thinking about the wasted potential over the past 16 years, but I'm not going to let that stop me from enjoying the games if they're good.
Old 08-23-2020, 08:29 PM   #71
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

EA patched Madden 20 & called it Madden 21. Not worth $60, i wanna like this game so bad, but pass D is still bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2020, 09:51 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 5

I have bought the game every year since 2002. I do not plan on buying this game this year. The lack of franchise features is truly disappointing.

I've actually been thinking of buying a used ps3 (or wait for ps5) to play head coach 09 or NCAA Football instead.

The only appealing thing this game has is Kyler Murray

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »