Home

Madden 21 Reviews

This is a discussion on Madden 21 Reviews within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2020, 10:57 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden 21 Reviews

Shocking to see IGN ripping on Madden, it's funny they say they still need more time to give it a final score

I heard the jokes that IGN is just waiting for EA's check to clear in order to give it a better score lol

Hopefully the NFL takes notice of this, but I think it will take a lack of sales for the NFL to get upset with EA
Old 08-26-2020, 03:10 AM   #18
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
Anyone who does not purchase the game with their own money or otherwise accepts free games or other preferred access (including advanced copies) has a compromised opinion and their reviews are not reliable. Anyone who accepts advertising dollars from any company whose products they are reviewing is not reputable.

That is true in the world of car or watch reviews just as it is in the world of game reviews.
This is how reviews work in gaming media. Every official gaming website who does reviews gets the game for free. I'm not saying it doesn't cause bias, but you can pick out the ones where it does.

And I can assure you, our writers here review games without bias.

It's just a matter of who you trust. Every game reviewed today is provided to the reviewer.
Old 08-26-2020, 07:52 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jagneaux
Classic Franchise mode often stuck at the player upgrade screen as well, also forcing me to reboot.
Whew...I thought that was just me seeing that. Funny thing is, I saw it in Madden 20 first just last night.
Old 08-26-2020, 09:55 AM   #20
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

OVR: 0

Digital downloaded Midnight...Began Tuesday playing some games within mock up Franchise.

The dissatisfaction in Franchise and its lack of options were known going in so I won’t mention the obvious.

Presentation is not of my liking..but it isn’t unbearable unlike the soundtrack.
Commentary is basically the same- however in playing exhibition game 1 Jags and Panthers the commentators
kept referring to the Panthers in the intro as the Patriots and Bridgwater was called Cam Newton several times.
Replayed that game a few times and 2 out of three the Patriot- Newton glitch was there.

Gameplay for me is slower than last year and that is to my liking, looked more realistic. The faster more Athletic players standout. Line play seemed Good- players just had a more weighted feeling.

QB play, was definitely worked on by EA and was the best I’ve ever seen, they will throw on the run sometime across their body, I did see them step up in pocket on occasion and the Sacs..felt more organically played out as the pocket broke down.

If EA can give Franchise more in way of patches to both fix things and “ add” what the community has been asking for this might be the best Madden I’ve played in years.

Note I’m a coach only guy ...my style of play is not exactly understood by most of ya all...but I have an eye for Football and 21 is in my opinion a upgrade from 20..worth it for me.

Didn’t play any of the other modes...sorry....
Old 08-26-2020, 10:02 AM   #21
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Wow, people still read reviews?

I find that...odd....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2020, 10:55 AM   #22
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Anyone who does not purchase the game with their own money or otherwise accepts free games or other preferred access (including advanced copies) has a compromised opinion and their reviews are not reliable. Anyone who accepts advertising dollars from any company whose products they are reviewing is not reputable.

That is true in the world of car or watch reviews just as it is in the world of game reviews.
This would eliminate 99% of websites that do game reviews. Nearly all of them get games for free that they review and all of them have advertising from game companies. Websites don't pay for themselves. It's easy to spot the ones with bias from the respectable ones.
Old 08-26-2020, 10:57 AM   #23
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

Lol I am with you on this you can get Moody riled up when you throw this at him. They ask how is it that you constantly make these bugs/glitches/ whats wrong with EA and Madden reviews and then out the same breath accept free copies and monetary benefits from giving Madden a platform? I am in the same boat and learned along time alot of people will ingratiate themselves with Madden know matter how obviously flawed or great it is just to get a beta, a free advanced copy or even a twitter shout out from EA...Thing is a lot of you tuber content makers have found a negative or positive lane regarding Madden and both are making loot off of it. There are some dudes on this site alone that would love to work for Madden so they gonna go all out against anything positive and conversely you have those who will do the same negatively both are unreliable and compromised. You can cut an paste posts from certain individuals regarding Madden go back 5 years ago they saying the exact same thing verbatim. I trust dudes who are in the middle but will tell it like it is when its needed good and bad.Out!!!
Old 08-26-2020, 12:33 PM   #24
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Should be interesting to see where the final score lands.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »